Parking at 6:30-ish for a 9:25 Yachtsman ADR?

BJoy82

Earning My Ears
Hi! I want to begin by saying that we have no desire to try to “cheat the system” or anything like that. We’re out-of-town annual pass holders hoping to spend a couple of hours at EPCOT followed by a 9:25 ADR at Yachtsman. Our concern is that complimentary resort parking for ADRs is limited to 3 hours (correct?), but if we park at EPCOT, then we wouldn’t be able to get back into EPCOT (as we would need to do, correct?) to get to EPCOT parking after our 9:25 Yachtsman ADR (correct?). What should we do?!

Hi! I want to begin by saying that we have no desire to try to “cheat the system” or anything like that. We’re out-of-town annual pass holders hoping to spend a couple of hours at EPCOT followed by a 9:25 ADR at Yachtsman. Our concern is that complimentary resort parking for ADRs is limited to 3 hours (correct?), but if we park at EPCOT, then we wouldn’t be able to get back into EPCOT (as we would need to do, correct?) to get to EPCOT parking after our 9:25 Yachtsman ADR (correct?). What should we do?!
Park at HS. Take the Skyliner to Epcot. Even if the Skyliner and boats are no longer running when you're done eating, you can walk to the HS lot to get your car.

Or, park at Disney Springs and take a bus to YC, visit Epcot, go back to YC for your dinner and take a bus back to DS afterward to get your car.

Or use a rideshare.

Park at HS. Take the Skyliner to Epcot. Even if the Skyliner and boats are no longer running when you're done eating, you can walk to the HS lot to get your car.

Or, park at Disney Springs and take a bus to YC, visit Epcot, go back to YC for your dinner and take a bus back to DS afterward to get your car.

Or use a rideshare.
Thank you! Please forgive what may be a dumb question as this will be our first time using the Skyliner. Do we have to enter HS first? (I ask because our park reservation is for EPCOT. Do I need to switch it to HS because we have to visit our reserved park first?)

Thank you! Please forgive what may be a dumb question as this will be our first time using the Skyliner. Do we have to enter HS first? (I ask because our park reservation is for EPCOT. Do I need to switch it to HS because we have to visit our reserved park first?)

No you are fine the Skyliner both at HS and Epcot is before you get to the park entrances.

No you are fine the Skyliner both at HS and Epcot is before you get to the park entrances.
Thanks! And just to be absolutely sure, we won’t need to worry about our vehicle being towed from the HS lot if we don’t get back there until, say, 11pm, will we? (I’ve read conflicting information in that regard about parking lot closing times in relation to theme park closing times, but it seems to me that, especially with some of the Oga’s Cantina reservation times, HS would be one of the later closing parking lots.)

Thanks! And just to be absolutely sure, we won’t need to worry about our vehicle being towed from the HS lot if we don’t get back there until, say, 11pm, will we? (I’ve read conflicting information in that regard about parking lot closing times in relation to theme park closing times, but it seems to me that, especially with some of the Oga’s Cantina reservation times, HS would be one of the later closing parking lots.)
Sorry that I don’t know.

Yes, you're limited to 3 hours resort parking with an ADR.

We have no problem exceeding an hour dining at Yachtsman, so I think you wise to plan to park elsewhere.

You could, since you have an ADR, pay for valet parking at Yacht Club if you aren't averse to it costing $33. That would solve your problem handily with no worries about your car possibly being towed.

Being admitted to YC on your ADR could be a difficulty should you arrive there before 6:25. Explaining you intend to valet park might get you in earlier as Disney doesn't usually object to people willing to pay the valet parking fee when going to a nearby park as well as having an ADR. That valet parking costs $8 more than theme park parking is likely why.

Both the boat and the Skyway stop running one hour after park close. So it is likely that neither the boat nor the Skyway will be operating by the time your meal at the Yachtsman is finished. You will have to walk to HS if you park there, which will be well over a mile. Parking at Epcot would be just as far away, if not farther. But - to address your concerns - the parking lots will remain open for you to go to your car. They are used to having guests returning late to their cars.

You should try to park at the Yacht Club, explaining the situation. If they won't let you park there for free than you have the option of using valet parking.

Last edited:
We wound up parking at HS. We confirmed on our way in that our vehicle wouldn’t be towed. Even with 12, 8, 4, and 1 year old kids, we felt that the walk back was manageable. (We had a stroller with sit/stand board, but the 4 year old declined riding at any point along the way and kept up surprisingly well!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter