Parking at Boardwalk (when staying there)

Megara5115

DIS Veteran
Hello! In doing research for our last trip, I seem to remember reading that parking at Boardwalk can be tricky even for on site guests. I was thinking of staying here for a couple days on our next trip but we usually rent a car so I don't want to have to worry about finding parking after a long day. Or I could be totally blowing this out of proportion so I would like some feedback- thanks!

Hello! In doing research for our last trip, I seem to remember reading that parking at Boardwalk can be tricky even for on site guests. I was thinking of staying here for a couple days on our next trip but we usually rent a car so I don't want to have to worry about finding parking after a long day. Or I could be totally blowing this out of proportion so I would like some feedback- thanks!
As a DVC member we stayed at the Boardwalk probably 25 times over 18 years and always had a rental car. We never had an issue finding a parking space.
Denise

As a DVC member we stayed at the Boardwalk probably 25 times over 18 years and always had a rental car. We never had an issue finding a parking space.
Denise
Great! That is what I was hoping to hear... Thank you!

We've stayed there maybe 5 times and never had problems finding parking but we do just park when we get there and never take the car out again until we leave.

I own at BWV and have stayed there every year for the past 6 years, either on my own points or through my brother. I have to contradict what others are saying. There are times when trying to get parked can be brutal. It's especially packed shortly before the dinner hours through the end of IlluminaNations. It's very frustrating to have spent 10-15 minutes trying to find a spot in the late afternoon only to see the lot empty out right after Epcot closes.

Is the DVC parking to the right as you drive in?
We are there over the July 4th week.

Last time we stayed at BWI, November 2016, we were directed to self-park in the area that is outlined in orange in the picture above. In previous stays, we had always parked in the lot outlined in blue. The next morning when we came out to take the bus to MK, I noticed that the lot that is outlined in blue in the above picture said "EPCOT Parking". I was slightly annoyed that paying guests were relagated to the farther spots, but decided to forget about it, not worth being annoyed about.

I agree - we drive almost every time we go to Disney and have stayed at the BWI many times - we never had a problem parking.

As long as you aren't there during the Gartner Convention in October. They reserve lots of the parking for the convention and the hotel guests can just go to ...

Hope it's OK to ask, but I have the opposite question: If you aren't staying at BWI but are driving to the Boardwalk to hang out/eat/whatever, would you park in the red-outline area? Is there a parking fee for non-hotel guests?

TIA!

Hope it's OK to ask, but I have the opposite question: If you aren't staying at BWI but are driving to the Boardwalk to hang out/eat/whatever, would you park in the red-outline area? Is there a parking fee for non-hotel guests?

TIA!
Yes, as long as you aren't going to Epcot of Hollywood Studios and parking there.

Yes, as long as you aren't going to Epcot of Hollywood Studios and parking there.

Thank you! No, it wouldn't be for he parks. I was wondering if it would be an option for DH to park there in order to see me during runDisney races that go through the BW area.

I would be happy if they would just restrict the blue lot to hotel guests only. Anyone with a confirmed ADR can park in the remote lot, which is outlined in red, and enforce the 3-hour time limit. Someone who is just coming to "look around, shop and maybe buy an ice cream" should be made to take Disney transportation from a theme park or DS. Spaces are so limited when there's a large convention that resort guests can't park their own vehicles sometimes.

Thank you! No, it wouldn't be for he parks. I was wondering if it would be an option for DH to park there in order to see me during runDisney races that go through the BW area.
It will be very difficult to get to the BW parking lot for races since they block off so many roads. It's easier to take a bus from your resort to Epcot and he can see you at the end. I have taken a bus from my resort to Epcot before the start of the race, hopped the monorail to MK and saw my guys run through the MK. Then got back on the monorail to see them come back through Epcot (half marathons).

When ever we have stayed there with a rental car we too were directed to the orange area but only in the furthest lane or two. Never had a problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter