Parks for 9 YO boy

AC168

Mouseketeer
What are the best activities / theme parks for a 9 year old boy? He’s been to the four parks at WDW on a previous trip and Animal Kingdom is his favorite so we will go to AK this next trip, but what else would you recommend in Orlando?

Thanks for suggestions!

I think I would need more information on your 9yo.
What are his interests?
We can't miss DHS bc my kids are huge Star Wars/Toy Story fans. If your child isn't, then maybe this is a park you can skip.
It really depends on the child.

He’s been to all 4 WDW parks a year ago. This time, it’s just his Dad and him for a few days. His favorite is AK so his Dad will take him there. Would you suggest Universal or any others?

I think it depends on what he likes about AK, is it animals, or shows, or rides such as EE. If the latter, Does he like RnRC at HS or TT at Epcot? If yes, then there maybe some rides at universal he will enjoy but my son didn’t start enjoying universals more scary rides until 12. Though I know lots of kids are more braver and can do them at a much younger age. If he is into Harry Potter then he will like universal.
Does he like Lego, then there is a legoland nearby makes a good day trip.

If he likes animals: Sea World
Harry Potter: Universal
Legos: Legoland
Star Wars: DHS

Knowing if he likes thrill rides, more tame rides, shows would help with the recommendations also.

My son is almost 9 and is a Legoland and Disney park kid, he has no interest in Sea World or Florida Universal yet (he'd love CA for the Mario stuff).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter