PassPorter's Field Guide to DCL - Hot off the press!

iloverags2

DIS Veteran
Hi All! Just received the paperback version today (not sure about status of the deluxe version). It looks great! Those of you who have already ordered, it should be coming any day now. Woo!

Just out of curiosity....did you order direct for Passporter or from Amazon.com? I pre ordered my cruise addition from amazon before i found the passporter site!! I just ordered my Passporter 2003 for WDW from passport site last week and received mine today. Deluxe addition. I ordered the paperback for DCL. Can't wait to get it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Has it shipped then? Mercy me! I live VERY close to Ann Arbor and usually get mine very quickly. Hope it comes soon!!! I've read the Magical cruise guide on WDWIG.com until it is falling apart!
Robin M.

I was lucky enough to review the guide, so it came directly from PassPorter. If you ordered from them, it will definitely come quicker, as the bookstores have to wait until their supplies are shipped to their warehouses, then to their stores, etc., etc. (the chain of command!). If ordered from passporter.com, it will come directly from them. Like I said, I'm not sure about the status of the deluxe versions, as mine is a paperback, but they could well be on their way also. Hold tight...they're on the way!

As for the scoop, let me just say this book is awesome. Filled with tips on what not to miss, and how to get those hard to come by ressies. Great pics too! Info on everything, from how to choose a stateroom to what's being served for dinner to shore excursions at all the ports. Best thing about the paperback edition, it is very compact so easy to carry around and pack. And best of all? Makes for great reading!

Glad to hear...I ordered the paperback additons of DCL because I was hoping it would be easier to carry w/me while on board. Can't wait to get it. I"ve been reading the other passport all night. I really like it!! :Pinkbounc

I was a reviewer too, and it was waiting for me in the mail when I got home today. Even though I have seen it before, I went through it from cover to cover while waiting with hubby at the eye doctor's office for his Lasik check-up (they were running VERY late). It made me so homesick for the ship! I will definitely be bringing it along on our Western in May for the great port info.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

Just an update on shipping for those of you still patiently waiting for your PassPorter's Field Guide to DCL. The paperback versions (which, by the way, are very convenient for carrying around) have been going out this week. The deluxe versions are taking just a bit longer as they have to be assembled. This is for anyone who ordered directly from the PassPorter website. Keep in mind, if you ordered from Amazon or any other bookstore, it will take a bit longer as they have to wait for PassPorter's to be shipped from the warehouse to their distributions centers.

Hope this helps all of you who are still waiting!

Does someone have the link to this? I would be really interested in ordering one of these. Thanks!

I got my e-mail today, my deluxe PassPorter's Field Guide to DCL has been shipped:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

That poor UPS guy, I think I will be in his truck before it even stops fully, looking for my book:teeth:

As someone who checks these boards on a daily basis and feels that I have learned all I can by doing so - why should I buy this book? Is there alot of new and undiscussed stuff in it that I won't see here? As most of us are, I am a JUNKIE for DCL "stuff" and am half way trying to talk myself out of buying it by thinking it will be a lot of repeat information.

Having gone on 29 Disney cruises, and also having acted as one of the expert reviewers, I STILL learned things from the Passporter! For me, the main value is in the port guides. We mainly cruise on the Wonder and are not as familiar with the Magic's ports of call. I will be bringing the Passporter with me on our May Western, especially for their great info. on walking around Key West and the location of the sights. They also have a great description of walking in Nassau, but we usually don't bother to get off the ship there.
In addition, there are pages with spaces to write in your plans, preferences, etc., making it a good spot to keep all your info. together in one place.
Barb

I, too, have been lucky enough to get mine already. I am an over the top planner and have been researching on websites, in books and living on the Boards for 10 months prior to our trip (tomorrow wooo-hoo). Within minutes of receiving the guide I had found many things that I'd not heard anywhere previously. I asked DH how they manage to get this kind of information and his answer was they obviously know the correct questions to ask. It's a great book. It is most definately in my carry on tomorrow!

I ordered both the new 2003 Edition of the WDW Passporter and the new Field Guide to the DCL. My e-mail said it was sent on the 13th from MI and I received it on the 14th! My e-mail said 3-5 business days!!!!

It looks awesome..........can't wait to read them both cover to cover. I have always loved my original Passporter.

Remember if you register your "old" one, you can get a 30% discount on a new one!!!!

Got my DCL passported today! I ordered the Deluxe 2003 Passporter, and the refill for the DCL. They both fit in the Deluxe binder if you use only the pockets that you need. I also removed the extra info about the 7 day ports since I am taking a 4 day in March (although I am keeping them in safe place for my netx cruise;) ;) .) I have been glued to my new Cruise pPassporteer since this morning when I got it! I ordered last week direct from Passporter, and it came even faster than I expected!

I can't say enough-You WILL NOT be disappointed. This is my 3rd year buying Passporter, and it gets better every year!!

Does anyone know if you can purchase these at a book store such as Barnes & Noble? We leave next Saturday on the 2/22 Magic and I'm sure it wouldn't have time to arrive before we leave if I order it on-line. Thanks!

Our local Barnes and Noble carries the Disney World Passporter. It never hurts to give a call and see if they've gotten the cruise line one in.
Barb

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter