Paying Dues with a Gift Card

Its limited per Best Buy account and not by address. So if you have a SO or kids who have accounts. They can grab some too.
I got two and then created an account for my DH. However , it knew our credit card I guess and said we had reached our daily limit. I will try to get two more tomorrow.

I got two and then created an account for my DH. However , it knew our credit card I guess and said we had reached our daily limit. I will try to get two more tomorrow.

It's very, very annoying, but as far as I can tell it's a rolling 24 hour period. Not sure why Best Buy does that and others don't, though.

We used two different cards and email addresses and didn’t have any issues.

It's very, very annoying, but as far as I can tell it's a rolling 24 hour period. Not sure why Best Buy does that and others don't, though.

Hmm. I’m not sure. I ordered (4) using 2 different BB accounts. (2) with PayPal. And (2) with a CC. My SO then ordered 4 more doing the same.

Did you make sure to use the phone number that corresponds to the BB account? They may be looking up the duplicate accounts based on phone number. That would be my best guess

Hmm. I’m not sure. I ordered (4) using 2 different BB accounts. (2) with PayPal. And (2) with a CC. My SO then ordered 4 more doing the same.

Did you make sure to use the phone number that corresponds to the BB account? They may be looking up the duplicate accounts based on phone number. That would be my best guess
I think Yinn is correct that it might be related to the phone number. My SO and myself used our unique accounts and checked out with Paypal to pickup the 5% back from Chase Freedom with no issues.

I was able to buy 4 more today. Unfortunately, the deal is over tonight. Are there any other GC deals out there outside of the Red Card 5% deal?

I was able to buy 4 more today. Unfortunately, the deal is over tonight. Are there any other GC deals out there outside of the Red Card 5% deal?

Not right now, but there's a gift cards and credit cards and more thread. Keep an eye out on it.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/u...deals-and-more.3784942/page-271#post-63568171https://www.disboards.com/threads/i...2021-see-first-page-for-addl-details.3821593/
The key is to combine offers. It's difficult to reach 20%+ discount without it. @eticketplease had it right and combined this with Chase for an extra 5% back for a total of 15% discount. If Paypal was his top spending category this month, it'll bump that up to 9% for this quarter. Meaning @eticketplease may have gotten a 19% discount on the gift card in this thread.

If Paypal was his top spending category this month, it'll bump that up to 9% for this quarter. Meaning @eticketplease may have gotten a 19% discount on the gift card in this thread.

Sorry if this is not on topic but I had not heard of this top spending. How does this work? I was using a regular Freedom that is no longer offered not the Flex if that makes a difference.

Sorry if this is not on topic but I had not heard of this top spending. How does this work? I was using a regular Freedom that is no longer offered not the Flex if that makes a difference.

I'm not sure if it's restricted to just the Flex or if the regular freedom is eligible.

Here's how to check.
1) Log into your Chase account
2) Find your credit card with a blue link that shows your 5% rewards.
3) Click on "Details"

It should load your dashboard for Q4 as well as Q1 2022 if you have activated it.

4) Scroll all the way to the bottom and you should see this:

It's easy to miss because it's where your quarterly rewards are. But this stacks on top of the quarterly. So you get your 1% unlimited + 4% quarter bonus + 4% spend the most bonus = 9% CB. We made sure to max out Paypal for the quarter.

So if you have a BJs membership you could have purchased $1500 worth of Disney Gift Cards from them for a 4% discount. Then pay for it with PayPal using the Chase for 9% cash back for an easy 13% total discount.

The top spending category doesn’t apply to the classic freedom. That’s what I have too.

The top spending category doesn’t apply to the classic freedom. That’s what I have too.
Thanks Yinn and Zapple. I was holding out to get another Sapphire card to get the sign up bonus unfortunately Chase's 100K point offer is over and Chase only gives you the bonus on the Sapphire line once every 4 years. Once I have that I'll then downgrade it to a Flex which is why I didn't convert my classic freedom.

That is definitely a great feature of the Flex and one that I was not aware of.

PSA: Best Buy has $50 Disney eGift Cards on sale for $45 right now. Instant 10% off. If you use a 2% cash back credit card, that's 12% off your annual dues.

The downside is they have to be ordered one at a time.

This makes my head hurt a bit. I need to think it through out loud.

So $45 for $50 is 10% off. But 2% cash back on $45 is 90 cents. So it's a total savings of $5.90, or 11.8%.....

I read somewhere how one person didn't bother much with discounts below 10%. I'm upset with Target right now and I'm not inclined to buy a bunch of gift cards at 5% off. This Best Buy one was nice though.

I'm paid through March. I'm hoping for more 10% GC deals before then. I wish the BB $45 for $50 lasted longer, or at least let me buy more than 2 per account per day.

Just backing up previous posts. Have paid on an annual basis for about 5 years now. I think I used to call member services, but online payment has worked recently. Also noting the additional steps if you have multiple contracts.

Thanks Yinn and Zapple. I was holding out to get another Sapphire card to get the sign up bonus unfortunately Chase's 100K point offer is over and Chase only gives you the bonus on the Sapphire line once every 4 years. Once I have that I'll then downgrade it to a Flex which is why I didn't convert my classic freedom.

That is definitely a great feature of the Flex and one that I was not aware of.
The top spending 5% is just a promo they are doing this quarter so I wouldn't count it as a unique feature to the Flex.

This makes my head hurt a bit. I need to think it through out loud.

So $45 for $50 is 10% off. But 2% cash back on $45 is 90 cents. So it's a total savings of $5.90, or 11.8%.....

I read somewhere how one person didn't bother much with discounts below 10%. I'm upset with Target right now and I'm not inclined to buy a bunch of gift cards at 5% off. This Best Buy one was nice though.

I am one of those that doesn’t bother below 10%. And I think you’ve got the math, I was rounding up to 12%

Beginner's Mode:
Option 1:
Target RED card gives a 5% discount.
Option 2: All the wholesale clubs are about ~4% discount. Combine that with a Chase or Discover rolling 5% Cashback for wholesale clubs, PayPal, etc. and you should land around 9% discount. These are the easiest ways to do it.
I'd note that if you have the Chase Ink Business Cash, you get 5% back at office supply stores, internet, cable, and phones services (and up to 2% on restaurants and gas stations), which means you can get Disney Gift Cards at Staples for 5% cash back.

I bring this up because if you also have a Chase Sapphire card, that 5% back can be transferred to Ultimate Rewards in your Sapphire account, which can have a lot more value than 5% back if you use it for travel. I often don't see "immediate cash back" because I do my best to earn UR points, as you can get some outsized value - for example, we booked business class seats to Australia next year (fingers crossed we can go), for 99,000 UR points (by transferring points to United Airlines). The flights cost ~$4500 if bought with cash. If I had cashed out those UR points for the cashback, it would only have been $990.

I bring this up because if you also have a Chase Sapphire card, that 5% back can be transferred to Ultimate Rewards in your Sapphire account, which can have a lot more value than 5% back if you use it for travel. I often don't see "immediate cash back" because I do my best to earn UR points, as you can get some outsized value - for example, we booked business class seats to Australia next year (fingers crossed we can go), for 99,000 UR points (by transferring points to United Airlines). The flights cost ~$4500 if bought with cash. If I had cashed out those UR points for the cashback, it would only have been $990.
That is what we do as well. I wish they had cruise transfer partners. Unfortunately they do not allow you to use the CUR points for Disney anything so we would have to go on a different line. (Originally they did which is why I got the card in the first place!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter