PC OPTIMUM, Lets share deals, offers, info

So, after seeing wdw gift cards staring me down at checkouts, I think I am going to bite and start purchases them again with points. I have $140 in points now, plus almost $25 in refundable cans/bottles to be cashed in. The dollar is doing better these days too. I think it is back to what it was before the pandemic started.

So, after seeing wdw gift cards staring me down at checkouts, I think I am going to bite and start purchases them again with points. I have $140 in points now, plus almost $25 in refundable cans/bottles to be cashed in. The dollar is doing better these days too. I think it is back to what it was before the pandemic started.

Since we don't know when we will be back to WDW, DL or DCL, I set up a separate bank account so when I redeem my points, I transfer the amount of money I saved into the account. It is amazing to see how fast the balance is increasing. I never realized how much $$ we were saving on our groceries by using points until I starting keeping track. We will use that $$ towards our trip when we feel comfortable to travel.

Last edited:
@Mickey&JoshNut I have been doing the same since last year. Wow.. it's been a year since we came back from Florida. I've been putting my cashed out Air Miles in a vacation account, along with my PC Optimum. $1,300 from Air Miles + $416 from other monies I was able to put into it; and $1,500 from PC Optimum. For now they are each funding a separate vacation.

On Friday I finally delayed our trip that was supposed to happen 4 days from now. :( Ironically I booked it Sat 4, 2019 and delayed exactly one year later to the date! We are now booked to go Sep 2021.

Sunday when we were shopping I had my daughter grab a $50 Disney gift card (Purchased using points as our groceries were over $50) to “add to our growing collection as a sign of good faith to both of us that we really will get back to Disney!!

I understand many are transferring $$ into a Disney account when they use their points. I’m trying something a little different this time and trying to accumulate gift cards to avoid paying the cc fees. Have heard this can be a savings..

Last edited:
@scrappinginontario I used gift cards last summer and by my math, which wasn't exact, saved between $2-300. That covered the droid kiddo got when Star Wars land opened during our trip. When we go again, I will do the same thing. But this covid thing has taught me to have a few i use to consolidate rather than 1. It would have made a refund difficult. For the last trip I kept adding the small cards onto one and using it to pay for things over time. It spread out the exchange rate fluctuations a bit.

@hdrolfe I remembered to do that.

I have one for:
resort deposit only
resort balance x2
candlelight processional dining pkg
christmas party tickets
food / misc

I just made labels for each so I remember which one is for what.

Now I might use dream miles for the personal shopper for the Christmas party tickets if I don’t have enough money saved for them. But that isn’t a good return on my miles.

I have one for:
resort deposit only
resort balance x2
christmas party tickets
food / misc

Now I might use dream miles for the personal shopper for the Christmas party tickets if I don’t have enough money saved for them. But that isn’t a good return on my miles.

That's a brilliant idea. I will have to do that next time!

I used AM for the MNSSHP, which may not have been the best return for the airmiles but we wouldn't have gone if I hadn't. I imagine we will do that again if possible.

I have one for:
resort deposit only
resort balance x2
christmas party tickets
food / misc

I wish I had done that, I did find a bundle of my cards and maybe I still have the ones I used for payments for our Canadian offer cards. I should try to find them. So far I have not asked for a refund because they extended the expiry on them but am worried that if we are not able to go to DL next year. If I could get the credits put back on the disney cards and we decide to do a DW trip in a couple of years I could use that towards our trip.

Oh covid go away!!! you are ruining our disney travel

Saw a posting on FB about changes to the PC Insiders. Points per dollar spend is being reduced and the cost to join is increasing.
Interesting! I already find it too expensive for what you get so if this is true I'll be even less likely to purchase it. Kinda considering it as we're now purchasing more Joe clothes but reduced benefits will also reduce my interest.

UPDATE: I think it may already have gone up! I just looked up the website and it says it's $119 to join. In my head it was $99 but I could be wrong as I was only going from memory.

Interesting! I already find it too expensive for what you get so if this is true I'll be even less likely to purchase it. Kinda considering it as we're now purchasing more Joe clothes but reduced benefits will also reduce my interest.

UPDATE: I think it may already have gone up! I just looked up the website and it says it's $119 to join. In my head it was $99 but I could be wrong as I was only going from memory.
Yes it was only $99. For those who are already members the price increase takes effect in October I believe. It wasn't a value for me before and it sure isn't now. Wonder how many memberships they will lose with this.

For anyone who has recently become a PC Insider, would you mind sharing what's in the 'Welcome Package'?

Basically I can see it most beneficial for those who purchase a lot of PC Products, Joe Fresh clothes as well as use their PC Express service. If my math is correct I would need to spend about $1200 in these products over a year to even pay off my membership fee. It will work for some I'm sure but not thinking it would work with our purchasing patterns.

It's too bad as I rave about the PC Optimum program as I feel it's the BEST out there but this one, not so much for many people.

Saw a posting on FB about changes to the PC Insiders. Points per dollar spend is being reduced and the cost to join is increasing.
Ugh. I was actually considering it, since I love using the PC Express. This really helps me make up my mind! Nope. Not happening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter