PC OPTIMUM, Lets share deals, offers, info

I’m getting points from buying the gift card. It’s in the special this week or for A few days at least

Oh I thought youngdeb12 was talking about redeeming for Disney gift cards.
I topped up my PCO with some doordashcards yesterday. Great deal!

I didn't know we could still get gcs with points! Is that only certain stores?
You can't. I think what she meant was using the 'pay for what you buy and slip in a GC for the amount spent'. You can justify that as 'I paid for what I would have bought and got the GC free'. It's just in our minds but it works out well. I still have a GC that I didn't pay for.

You can't. I think what she meant was using the 'pay for what you buy and slip in a GC for the amount spent'. You can justify that as 'I paid for what I would have bought and got the GC free'. It's just in our minds but it works out well. I still have a GC that I didn't pay for.

Thanks! I should have been more specific. As long as you spend as much on groceries as you are redeeming for the gift card, you are "getting it for free". The Superstore I go to used to let you redeem points for gift cards at the self checkout but they've closed that loophole. You can now only redeem points for as much as you spend in groceries.

Just posting in case others have Gift Card issues.
I purchased many gift cards for my family for Christmas at Shoppers Drug Mart.
I did save all the receipts and stapled them onto the cards.
It seems some of them have 0 balance on them. My son went to use the gas card I bought him yesterday and the card is empty (should have $50) on it.
1-800-746-7737 ,,,,, He is going to try and call Shoppers.

Hugs
Mel
They had a big story on CTV news about gift cards from Shoppers. Seems this has been happening to a lot of people lately.
Interesting. We’re at Disney now and brought the GC we purchased with points that we have been saving for 2 years. We had 19 saved up and only one so far had a zero balance. I will be more careful in the future to see they’re activated but really it’s been a great way to travel!! Our own little ‘free dining’ plan! 😉

Interesting. We’re at Disney now and brought the GC we purchased with points that we have been saving for 2 years. We had 19 saved up and only one so far had a zero balance. I will be more careful in the future to see they’re activated but really it’s been a great way to travel!! Our own little ‘free dining’ plan! 😉
View attachment 643994
Wow good haul..sorry to hear that one was blank...did you know you can go on disney gift card site and combine them to a max of 1000.

Wow good haul..sorry to hear that one was blank...did you know you can go on disney gift card site and combine them to a max of 1000.

That's what I do! I keep the one I am using and a blank one on the site, and the blank one in my safe in the room. If I lose the one with money on it I can easily transfer it all over (hopefully before someone uses it).

Yes thank you. I haven’t tried but was aware it was an option.

For me it was the fun of the surprise as I had no idea how many we had collected, I just kept tucking them away. It’s been zero challenge having multiples as I keep them in a ziplock and pull out as needed. I have a sharpie in the front pocket of my backpack so update the front of the card with the new balance each time we use it.

It’s been great and we would do this again for sure!

Sorry of this has already been answered but nothing came up when I searched.

Do you get regular PC points when purchasing gift cards at Loblaws/Shoppers?

Sorry of this has already been answered but nothing came up when I searched.

Do you get regular PC points when purchasing gift cards at Loblaws/Shoppers?

No. You don't get PC points for purchasing GCs unless there's a specific promotion going on (usually things like Apple, Netflix, Keg, Kobo, Xbox, etc). For example, for Points days you could get 15,000 points for purchasing $100 worth of various GCs. Normal purchases of GCs don't earn points.

Oh boy you guys. So, I purchased Pepsi last week, it was on the point special days. 8000 for every 20$. I earned 16,000. I never got them, send in an inquiry, received an email this morning they were added to my account. NO
After work I spent 20 minutes waiting on the chat, then the agent told me the e-mail was fraudulent 😏. I am like no, it’s too specific, I checked the sender, I have a case #. I just called, waited on hold, nope, it was a REAL email. They now deposited my 16000 points.
I also made a complaint, I never do that, but seriously, she told me delete it, it’s fraudulent, don’t click, we apologize, etc. False info.
I will just patiently wait out the rest of my 3 weeks for my 15,000 for my gift card now, I must have a name there, 😂

Oh boy you guys. So, I purchased Pepsi last week, it was on the point special days. 8000 for every 20$. I earned 16,000. I never got them, send in an inquiry, received an email this morning they were added to my account. NO
After work I spent 20 minutes waiting on the chat, then the agent told me the e-mail was fraudulent 😏. I am like no, it’s too specific, I checked the sender, I have a case #. I just called, waited on hold, nope, it was a REAL email. They now deposited my 16000 points.
I also made a complaint, I never do that, but seriously, she told me delete it, it’s fraudulent, don’t click, we apologize, etc. False info.
I will just patiently wait out the rest of my 3 weeks for my 15,000 for my gift card now, I must have a name there, 😂

Wow! They used to be so much better to deal with about missing points. They would usually respond within a day or two and you would have your points. I bet your 15,000 will show up right on the 3 week mark 😂

No. You don't get PC points for purchasing GCs unless there's a specific promotion going on (usually things like Apple, Netflix, Keg, Kobo, Xbox, etc). For example, for Points days you could get 15,000 points for purchasing $100 worth of various GCs. Normal purchases of GCs don't earn points.

Ok thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter