Pearl tier begins May 1, 2023

Oh, whatever. I just don't see the point in having the same argument with the same people again. This comes up all the time here and the for/against folks always say the same things. It's boring. We don't need to clutter up another thread with it. This thread is supposed to be about the new Pearl tier, not about how DCL should structure its overall loyalty program.
First off I don't see anyone arguing over this. The original post talks about Pearl beginning May 1st and that Disney has some sort of new gift and that is it, so far.

So it leaves it open for any discussion unless the original poster were to come in and ask that people not hijack their thread and based on the original post no one has. People are mentioning what they think the new perks should be and what the new level should include.

Maybe I have not been here long enough but I have not seen multiple discussions come up all that much about what people think on how Disney should run the Cast Away Club. If you think it clutters up this thread or is boring, to some who might be new here it might not be and they find some information they might not be aware of.

This is just my thought and don't see the harm in what has been posted so far.

So it leaves it open for any discussion unless the original poster were to come in and ask that people not hijack their thread and based on the original post no one has. People are mentioning what they think the new perks should be and what the new level should include.
The majority of the first page was a discussion about whether the club should be based on number of sailings or number of days at sea or some combination of the two or some other metric. How could you write that nobody is talking about it? Did you not read the thread at all?

That's it from me. I'm not going to keep derailing the thread to argue about whether people are arguing about something that's off topic. There's no point in that.

Hopefully, we'll get some more Pearl info soon instead!

The majority of the first page was a discussion about whether the club should be based on number of sailings or number of days at sea or some combination of the two or some other metric. How could you write that nobody is talking about it? Did you not read the thread at all?

That's it from me. I'm not going to keep derailing the thread to argue about whether people are arguing about something that's off topic. There's no point in that.

Hopefully, we'll get some more Pearl info soon instead!

Maybe I am reading it differently than you are.
First off I never said people were not talking about it I said no one was arguing about it. I am not sure why this is a problem and should not or could not be discuses. I don't see anyone arguing over anything.
As far as I can tell this is suppose to be a discussion forum and that is what people are doing.

I am sorry you feel this way and it is not my intent to upset anyone so the only thing I can tell you is to have a nice weekend.

Original poster here. I was just happy to finally see some released info on the Pearl tier. I was happy to share some info. guess I never realized this post would go sideways. now If new tier of diamond comes out at 50, I’ll probably never get there. 😩

All I care about is getting a different color key card so I can feel superior to all of those lowly Platinums.
But can’t you do that now if you book concierge? My daughter just became platinum and she’s thrilled I’ll be Pearl. First thing she said was, “maybe we can finally book a cabana Since you can book before me“.

I would bet that regardless of what level the create now or in the future concierge will always come first.
I think so too. However this would have been a perfect year to introduction a Disney100 level of sailing too. Anyone with over 100 cruises can use the concierge service beforehand or something similar.

There can’t be THAT many in the 100 club since that’s 4 cruises a year since DCL started.

Not very exciting new benefits

Pearl Member​

After completing 25 sailings​

Book new itineraries 4 days earlier than the general public and cruise activities 123 days prior to sailing.
  • Plus, all Platinum, Gold and Silver Castaway Club Member benefits
  • Complimentary Unlimited Digital Photo Package

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/why-cruise-disney/castaway-club/?CMP=EMC-1738115805|353601750&cid=PDM683799&bid=13437622/
I guess the best part is booking before the Platinum members. Concierge still wins for activities, of course.

Not very exciting new benefits

Pearl Member​

After completing 25 sailings​

Book new itineraries 4 days earlier than the general public and cruise activities 123 days prior to sailing.
  • Plus, all Platinum, Gold and Silver Castaway Club Member benefits
  • Complimentary Unlimited Digital Photo Package

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/why-cruise-disney/castaway-club/?CMP=EMC-1738115805|353601750&cid=PDM683799&bid=13437622/

We aren't Pearl yet, but the unlimited digital photo package is not a draw for us.

We will not hit Platinum until after our Spring Break cruise & HOTHS cruise in September. I’m not as obsessed with chasing Castaway tier status as it seems booking concierge is what gets you the most benefits (at least the ones we’re looking for). We’ll have 12 cruises after January 2024 and are in no rush to get to 25.

I thought maybe Pearl would get an upgrade option to Remy or similar. Separately, given every other line has upgraded dining benefits for concierge, I can’t believe Disney doesn’t offer at least one in an upgraded restaurant.

Separately, given every other line has upgraded dining benefits for concierge, I can’t believe Disney doesn’t offer at least one in an upgraded restaurant.
What do you mean by this? A special restaurant only for concierge guests? Or free Palo/Remy for concierge guests? Or something else?

What do you mean by this? A special restaurant only for concierge guests? Or free Palo/Remy for concierge guests? Or something else?
A free meal in Enchante or Remy (or even Palo). Not a separate restaurant.

A free meal in Enchante or Remy (or even Palo). Not a separate restaurant.
Agree a meal would be nice.
Our Cruise Line of Choice has a free restricted menu meal at a Specialty Restaurant for Diamond; however, we do have a Private Restaurant, Lounge, Decks, section on their Island with restaurant and beach, drinks anywhere throughout the day plus more for less than DCL Concierge.

Agree a meal would be nice.
Our Cruise Line of Choice has a free restricted menu meal at a Specialty Restaurant for Diamond; however, we do have a Private Restaurant, Lounge, Decks, section on their Island with restaurant and beach, drinks anywhere throughout the day plus more for less than DCL Concierge.
Yes, but I'd really hate to see Disney go that way. Concierge already has their own lounge and sundeck on the ship. They don't need more exclusive space that the rest of us scrubs can't access. If you don't think that Disney's concierge fares are worth paying, then don't sale concierge with Disney.

Anyway, Palo and Remy (and probably Enchante) are already overbooked on a lot of cruises. I don't know if giving away more free meals at those restaurants is a good idea. :(

Yes, but I'd really hate to see Disney go that way. Concierge already has their own lounge and sundeck on the ship. They don't need more exclusive space that the rest of us scrubs can't access. If you don't think that Disney's concierge fares are worth paying, then don't sale concierge with Disney.

Anyway, Palo and Remy (and probably Enchante) are already overbooked on a lot of cruises. I don't know if giving away more free meals at those restaurants is a good idea. :(

r.e. bold -- the Private Restaurant, Lounge, Decks, section on their Island with restaurant and beach, drinks anywhere throughout the day that I referenced IS Concierge only it's a DCL Concierge Level that provides more for far fewer $$$.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter