People who have used the Concierge services...

SilverCeladon

Mouseketeer
The other post got me thinking...

When I called to book my room at DLH they were going to charge me $50 per night extra to do this. (They're having a huge conference at the hotel so we're getting an awesome rate) I did read what's included but I didn't think it was really worth it but now I'm second guessing myself.

I have a 3 year old and a 1 year old when I go. What was your experiences with it? Thanks!

$50 a day is a good rate for it. Will you get $50 worth of drinks and food? Hard to say. The breakfast is pretty basic- pastries, cereal, fruit, bagels, milk/juice. But its nice to go and get what you need and not have to wait for service. We took bottles of water, pop and juice to our room and to the park. Water / pop in the park is $2.75 each- so that adds up pretty quickly. However, drinks do get heavy to carry and get warm- so its a toss up there. Mid day you could get chips, cookies and uncrustable sandwiches for the kids. Evenings they have a hot app, cheese/ crackers, fruit, and beer/ wine. If you spend a lot of time at the hotel, it could be worth it and very nice. If you think you'll spend most of your time at the parks it might not be worth if for you. It wasnt really worth if for our family. But, we only did it because they had a special and it was the same price with or with out the service. So, in that case, it was worth it because it was "free".

with two little ones, also remember that you get a dedicated line for check in and out.

We thought it was worth it! I have to eat something for breakfast so that was an expense I was going to have and the drinks were also a big savings for us. We grabbed a drink when we came in and on our way out. We were always grabbing food and only ate lunch in the parks. And the chocolate covered strawberries!! We were back in June without concierge and I could never bring myself to pay $3 for one in the parks!! I probably ate my money's worth in those ;)

We love the concierge - but hate the normal expense. I would jump at the $50 per night. The other thing that is included in the fridge is apple juice - which my kids drank their weight worth. There are plenty of snacks throughout the day - and my husband also drank his weight worth in beer during the nighttime portion of concierge. We also enjoyed having the convenience of borrowing movies to put in to keep the kids entertained at night - it is worth it for us (kids 4 and 2)

We watched the fireworks from the room. We watched people in downtown Disney. When I used there service they had a sign on the icebox that read no more than 2 drinks per person. The kids loved the movies that they rented. The cleaning staff was out of this world. I bought a pluto stuffed animal in the park. The baby left it in the room. The cleaning staff had moved that stuffed animal in all kinds of trouble. Once it look like we caught pluto licking tinkerbell because tink was in his mouth. Another time it looked like pluto had jumped from one bed to another and when we open the door he was lying there just relaxing with one paw under him. That was just great for the 5yr old she keep wanting to leave and come back and see what pluto had gotten into now. She explains to me how can this happen pluto doesnt even have bones. lol The staff for the concierge service was great. I would pay the 50.00 a night. When I stayed there mine was alot more than that.

DEFINITELY WORTH THE EXTRA $$. We received complimentary concierge our last visit, really enjoyed watching the fireworks from the top floor. We ate HUGE chocolate chip cookies, drank some hot chocolate, had a blast. The breakfast and snacks were excellent. They had little peanut butter and jelly sandwiches that we took with us to the park, and the water and etc. Well worth the extra money.

Hi - We just did Concierge at the Paradise Pier and it was $70. I would do it at the DL hotel for $50 - that's a good price for what they normally charge. Plus, the Dl hotel has longer hours for the concierge than the PPier had. Which is nice.

Hi -I think that $70 is the regular price. When we were pricing our packages, the Dland hotel's concierge did add $100 something. I think it is due to the Dland's hours being longer than the PPier. I'm not positive but I think they had longer hours for the wine & beer time and were open later at night. So, it justified a higher price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter