Pfizer vaccine approved for kids 5-11

They will announce the dates today. :) The fact that they decided to make vaccines for 70+ available yesterday instead of today makes me believe that vaccines for kids 5+ will be available VERY soon.
Oh that is good to hear! I actually have been so busy the past couple of days I haven't been following. I will keep an eye out today, thanks.

Still anxiously awaiting guidance here in NS. Last I heard though it's about 65 000 kids so hopefully they will have lots of availability and we'll get in quickly. We've been told it will use the same system as adult bookings which was pretty painless so fingers crossed!

BC is releasing their plan at 1:30 today. My daughter is already preregistered. Apparently about 90,000 have so far but we have about 350,000 kids in that age group in this province...

We're anxiously awaiting AB's plan..supposed to be announced at the Covid update this afternoon so fingers crossed. Our trip isn't booked until May, but we have 2 year old twins that we need to be vaccinated prior to travelling. If they don't come out with the Pfizer vaccine for this age group until early 2022, and they have 8 weeks between doses, then we may not get all our ducks in a row by May. I hate not knowing, I think that's the worst part! This trip will "maybe" be happening right up until it's the deadline to push dates (we're DVC owners so need to change a month before to avoid points going into a holding account).

We we were able to get our 3 kids in for Friday afternoon during their PD day in Ontario. Pretty smooth process.

This is so exciting for everyone with kids 5+!! My 4 year old actually got a little upset last night when I told him some of his friends in his class will be able to get their shot.

Has anyone heard anything if kids will be able to get vaccinated the year they turn 5 vs once they're 5? I'm hoping so, and then we'll just need to wait for the vaccine for the 1 year old.

This is so exciting for everyone with kids 5+!! My 4 year old actually got a little upset last night when I told him some of his friends in his class will be able to get their shot.

Has anyone heard anything if kids will be able to get vaccinated the year they turn 5 vs once they're 5? I'm hoping so, and then we'll just need to wait for the vaccine for the 1 year old.

In Ontario they are doing it by year of birth. So in January any kids turning 5 next year can get it. Not sure about other provinces.

In Ontario they are doing it by year of birth. So in January any kids turning 5 next year can get it. Not sure about other provinces.
This is great news! Hopefully we'll be able to book ahead of time, but I know what I'll be doing right at the beginning of the year!

I was finally able to get my 10 year old and appointment for December 8th. He's so excited. I've avoided doing much with him outside of the house because of his vaccination status but now the whole family will be able to do things and I won't need to worry about him catching and/or spreading it as easily.

I'm not certain this is the correct place to post this but I just saw on another forum that with the 5+ vaccine being approved the CDC has changed their entry requirements now, I'll quote the relevant parts

Before boarding a flight to the United States, you are required to show one of the following:

If you are fully vaccinated: Proof of vaccination and a negative COVID-19 test result taken no more than 3 days before travel.
If you are NOT fully vaccinated and meet the criteria for an exception for the requirement for proof of COVID-19 vaccination: A negative COVID-19 test result taken no more than 1 day before travel.
Children under 2 years old do not need to test. There is also an option for people who have documented recovery from COVID-19 in the past 90 days. Learn more about these requirements.

And the new exemptions and quarantine requirements...

Categories of noncitizen nonimmigrants that meet the criteria for an exception under the Proclamation and CDC’s Order include:
  • Persons on diplomatic or official foreign government travel
  • Children under 18 years of age
  • Persons with documented medical contraindications to receiving a COVID-19 vaccine
  • Participants in certain COVID-19 vaccine trials
  • Persons issued a humanitarian or emergency exception
  • Persons with valid visas [excluding B-1 (business) or B-2 (tourism) visas] who are citizens of a foreign country with limited COVID-19 vaccine availability
  • Members of the U.S. Armed Forces or their spouses or children (under 18 years of age)
  • Sea crew members traveling with to a C-1 and D nonimmigrant visa
  • Persons whose entry would be in the national interest, as determined by the Secretary of State, Secretary of Transportation, or Secretary of Homeland Security (or their designees)
If you travel by air to the United States under one of these exceptions, you will be required to attest that you are excepted from the requirement to present Proof of Being Fully Vaccinated Against COVID-19 based on one of the exceptions listed above. Based on the category of the exception, you may further be required to attest that:
  1. You will be tested with a COVID-19 viral test 3–5 days after arrival in the United States, unless you have documentation of having recovered from COVID-19 in the past 90 days;
  2. You will self-quarantine for a full 7 days, even if the test result to the post-arrival viral test is negative, unless you have documentation of having recovered from COVID-19 in the past 90 days; and
  3. You will self-isolate if the result of the post-arrival test is positive or if you develop COVID-19 symptoms.

So I really hope no one has plans to take their (non-citizen) children to the US via air before they reach the fully vaccinated status; the one day covid test, plus the arrival test + self-quarantine for 7 days makes it pointless.

Non-U.S. citizen, Non-U.S. immigrants: Air Travel to the United States | CDC
Requirement for Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination for Air Passengers | CDC

I'm not certain this is the correct place to post this but I just saw on another forum that with the 5+ vaccine being approved the CDC has changed their entry requirements now, I'll quote the relevant parts

And the new exemptions and quarantine requirements...

So I really hope no one has plans to take their (non-citizen) children to the US via air before they reach the fully vaccinated status; the one day covid test, plus the arrival test + self-quarantine for 7 days makes it pointless.

Non-U.S. citizen, Non-U.S. immigrants: Air Travel to the United States | CDC
Requirement for Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination for Air Passengers | CDC

I wonder if this applies to land border as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter