• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Photo pass "must take" shots

To answer about the photobooths...

We hit up as many as we could on our December trip, and they're really fun! We stayed at the Boardwalk, and there are two there (attached), one side is the traditional strips and the other is a single photo. Lots of choices for frames and themes. You tap your magic band to begin and go through the screen prompts afterward to load it onto your account. You not only keep the strip of pictures (digitally), but each individual picture is added to your account as well.

There is also one in Tomorrowland in MK, by Primeval Whirl at Animal Kingdom, and in the Imagination Pavilion at Epcot.

Those are the ones I know of for sure, there could be more.

We stop at every photopass photographer we find, usually, and end up with over 500 pictures each trip. Usually the photographers will do magic shots without you asking, but ask if you're not sure! A lot of times you won't necessarily know you're getting a magic shot, and some kind of video or animation is added later in addition to the still photo.

Outside of Haunted Mansion you can sometimes get the Hitchhiking Ghost magic shot...that's one I'd ask for if it isn't offered. You can get Sebastian outside of Prince Eric's Castle, Lumiere or Chip on the bridge by Be our Guest, Pascal by Rapunzel's tower (we actually got him at Epcot, too), and Stitch a few places.

Have fun!!

I'm surprised no one mentioned the Mickey balloon magic shot. That has to be one of my favorite magic shots. They do it on Main Street with the castle behind you and also we had it once at Epcot with spaceship earth behind us (on the back side when you are closer to world showcase not the entrance).

We're getting MM for the first time this trip so I want to make sure I take advantage of it. Does anyone have any suggestions of specific shots to be sure we get? DD has a PPO apt for BBB so hopefully we can get some castle shots before the crowds come and we'll do the photo shoot at Castle Couture. She'll also be doing Pirates league and I think they have a specific photo shoot. What else should we make sure we get? thanks!

Watch our Disney video, there are a bunch of pics from our trip throughout it...or from minute 19:57, there are several pics in that time frame. I think memory maker is well worth the money!

Watch our Disney video, there are a bunch of pics from our trip throughout it...or from minute 19:57, there are several pics in that time frame. I think memory maker is well worth the money!

Ahh I love how your daughter isn't afraid of giving Mickey hugs! Her face in some pics are priceless:)

To answer about the photobooths...

We hit up as many as we could on our December trip, and they're really fun! We stayed at the Boardwalk, and there are two there (attached), one side is the traditional strips and the other is a single photo. Lots of choices for frames and themes. You tap your magic band to begin and go through the screen prompts afterward to load it onto your account. You not only keep the strip of pictures (digitally), but each individual picture is added to your account as well.

There is also one in Tomorrowland in MK, by Primeval Whirl at Animal Kingdom, and in the Imagination Pavilion at Epcot.

Those are the ones I know of for sure, there could be more.

We stop at every photopass photographer we find, usually, and end up with over 500 pictures each trip. Usually the photographers will do magic shots without you asking, but ask if you're not sure! A lot of times you won't necessarily know you're getting a magic shot, and some kind of video or animation is added later in addition to the still photo.

Outside of Haunted Mansion you can sometimes get the Hitchhiking Ghost magic shot...that's one I'd ask for if it isn't offered. You can get Sebastian outside of Prince Eric's Castle, Lumiere or Chip on the bridge by Be our Guest, Pascal by Rapunzel's tower (we actually got him at Epcot, too), and Stitch a few places.

Have fun!!
Thanks so much :thumbsup2
Had no idea about the photo booths looking forward to trying them.

I was going to mention Animal Kingdom as well...we've gotten some beautiful Photopass pictures over the years on the side trails, like, I think between Asia and Africa and such, with the Tree of Life behind us. And there's usually not much of a line or anything. The ones in front of the Tree coming in from the Oasis are great too, but we've really gotten some nice ones from the other sides, plus the Tree looks closer and there's never anyone else in the picture, just the Tree! And sometimes Simba if they do a magic shot, which are adorable! I hope I'm making sense!

:simba:
Agree. My favourite view of the Tree of Life is from the 'back' (between Asia and Africa). There's almost always Photopass there, and they take it against a fence so there's no other people in your picture.

I don't know how to add pics. Our favorites....the photographer is for Tower of Terror we've gotten Stitch pictures with my kids pointing to ground and him breaking thru, as well as Stitch eating ice cream in front of the ice cream shop with ice cream everywhere. Pascal (lizard? from Tangled) in front of tower in MK. Baymax photobomb at Space Mountain. Simba photo bomb at Africa sign in AK and Tinkerbell fairy dust sprinkle at Tree of Life. Have fun!

I agree with the advice to take as many as possible. And always ask if they can do magic shots. One of my personal favorite magic shots is in the France pavilion at Epcot. That one features Chip. Other favorite magic shots we've had were Sven in Norway, Pascal in AK and MK, hitch hiking ghosts at the Haunted Mansion, and Olaf in front of the castle in MK.

Non magic shot must dos for us are:

the castle in MK (take as many as you can find, starting way back in the Main Street USA area and work you way towards the castle or vice versa if leaving for the night and taking night shots - Main Street USA photos towards the castle are sooooooo pretty with everything lit up)
the sphere in Epcot
the tree of life in AK
(we take day and night shots for each of the above)
a bridge shot with Everest in the background at AK
as many ride photos as we can fit in (some include videos); only select rides have photos
any of the Epcot pavilions, as many photo pass photographers as we can find
we will stop for any character if the line isn't super long
we plan a stop with Merida at MK because the backdrop is pretty cool
we use FP for Rapunzel because she is our daughter's favorite
we also plan stops with Joy and Sadness, peasant Belle, Elsa, and Anna at Epcot
and we plan Olaf and Launch Bay character meets at HS
(check the character meet times for all parks to see if there is someone more special to you all on the list and plan accordingly; at Epcot, it's best to be in line early because they will cut the lines off at a certain point)
some of our most favorite photos from this latest trip were in the art displays at the Epcot Arts Festival
we've been lucky enough to catch someone from the fab 5 in front of the mural near the entrance to Epcot a few times, and these photos always look great

Look for photo pass photographers with "earning my ears" pins. Even though they are technically still learning, they tend to be very excited about taking photos and will typically do lots of fun poses and, it seems to us, more photos per spot.

Ahh I love how your daughter isn't afraid of giving Mickey hugs! Her face in some pics are priceless:)

It's funny, she loved all the characters, except for the human characters such as Anna and Elsa. Lol. She had a great time

On our last trip, last June, we would ask for magic shots after watching them take magic shots with another couple and they would say the didn't have any....what's with that? It happened three times...so we didn't get a lot of them :(

I love magic shots! My favorites are Pascal at AK, Chip in France, and the dancing Olaf. Don't be shy, ask the photographers for magic. Some don't do it when they are busy.

Not everyone is trained on each magic shots. But you can ask the photographer if they can do a magic shot.

Yep to that, I always asking the roving photographers if they do magic shots as I just love them!

This past summer right after we had dinner at Les Chefs De France a photographer was standing there with a tripod (near the fountain) , he did an adorable Olaf magic shot.

My favorite magic shots were both at Animal Kingdom - the "akuna matada" one and Pascal from Tangled

I also got a cute stitch eating ice cream at Downtown Disney (a few years ago when it was still called DD)

Also another new one I got this year was my daughter holding Lumiere in her hand (near Gaston's)

I also love love love the Sebastian the crab in front of Ariel's ride

We like to pretty much stop at every photographer and let them do their standard shot. We also ask if they do any magic shots and do anything they offer!

In 2015 they turned my hubby into a fairy and my facial expression is priceless.. This magic shot is the best / funniest we have. Plus I do love all the character ones :) we collected a bunch more last summer

Not everyone is trained on each magic shots. But you can ask the photographer if they can do a magic shot.

OMG! Thank you for saying this!!! Now I can point everyone in the right direction as most believe all photographers have this ability. Thank YOU!!!

Many years ago it was easy to tell if a photographer did Magic Shots because they used a tripod I thought I recently read that they no longer use them. Is this true? Do they have a different colored vest, how do we know who's who? Anyone have any current info they can share? Thank you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter