Photopass...

Not yet, but they are starting up a photography department to start offering this. Currently the photographers are not Disney employess but employees of Kodak I think. I know they are contracted in, I just don't remember what company they are from. They are in the process of hiring and training people and will offer photo pass. I don't remember when it is supposed to start.

At WDW, they have a program called Photopass. When you enter the park in the morning, grab a photographer and have your picture taken. He will take your picture, swipe a card for you that contains an ID number. You can use that card throughout the rest of your stay and everytime you have a professional picture taken in any of the parks, you hand them your Photopass, and the photo is added to that ID#.

Before you leave or even after you get home, you can go to www.wdwphotopass.com and pull up all the pictures you had taken by a photographer throughout the trip. Also, on Test Track in Epcot, you can hold your photopass up to the screen that contains your picture (taken on the ride) and it will be added to your Photopass ID#!!

It's a great service and I personally love it. You can order for a couple months after your trip, so you can order a couple at a time if you want too. You can also make greeting/holiday cards with the pictures!!

I don't understand why DL doesn't have this system. Why is it that DL seems to lack the "progresses" made at WDW?? I don't like how DL is often treated as the "red-headed stepchild" of Disney. It is by far the nicer park! I also wish DL has the "key to the world" program where all your tickets, hotel room, charge card are linked to one card! That would awesome too!

Sigh...

Makes sence to me now. Last weekend my fiance and I were at Disneyland for the evening and we saw about 16 or so new cm's learning how to take pictures over by Small World. Pretty funny to see them in 2 seperate groups taking shots of each other. Now if there was only a way for me to learn how to take better shots while I am there from them I would.

This is a great idea. I'd definitely make use of this service if it ever becomes available. Last time we were there, a CM took a picture of us outside CA but we had to go to the Disney store to pick it up.

I hat going to buy the pictures before we leave and they get bent if you don't wait so that is a great idea! i love the paictures the CM's take because they are the only ones that are of all of us , unless we get lucky and get an offer from someone to take one. But I wonder if that cuts their profits by you printing at home, do you pay for access?

You can get as many pic as you want on a disk for $99, plus you can add little embellishments to the pictures as well if you want to take the time. Other than that I think they are around $12 per pic if you do not buy the disk.

Photopass Starts November 17th, that was the date provided to me by an cast member who just transferred to that department. They are doing training currently and should be up soon :)

we used photopass this past February at WDW (picture in my sig is a crop of a photpass picture), and we loved it. For $99, you get as many pictures as you want (or can stand to take from my point of view) on 1 CD. At WDW, they have photpass photgraphers everywhere - at the entrance to Main Street (Castle behind you), in Epcot (where my signature pic was take) with Mickey, Minnie, and friends. The great thing about this, is that you can leave your camera in your room, and just bring it out for special things, like character meals.

Hope they work the bugs out by February!

LeanaSpin said:
Photopass Starts November 17th, that was the date provided to me by an cast member who just transferred to that department. They are doing training currently and should be up soon :)

Oh, that would be so cool! :cool1: I'm going in March and I'm so excited to have this up and running! I too have few pictures of the whole family. Actually, to be accurate, I have few pictures with ME in it and I'm the one who is the disney fanatic in my family! :furious: So this will get some with me in it too! :woohoo:

Twinprincesses said:
You can get as many pic as you want on a disk for $99, plus you can add little embellishments to the pictures as well if you want to take the time. Other than that I think they are around $12 per pic if you do not buy the disk.

In the beginning, you could add the embellishments (like the year or the Epcot ball) to your pictures on the CD, but now the only way to get the embellishments is to buy the individual pictures. That definitely decreases the value of the Photopass for me. :(

However, I wonder if DL and WDW will use the same software. If so, then I might be able to combine photopass cards from Thanksgiving at DL and XMAS at WDW on one CD to order online, and that might be worth it to me!

Its a shame that the photopass will start after I leave as we really liked the service in WDW last year!

Does anyone know of a place (in or outside Disneyland) that I can download the pics from my memory card to a disc? As we are going to Vegas and DL I know i'm gonna take loads of pics and want to get the most out of my cards without taking the laptop to download them all!

Oh I am SO happy to hear they are doing this at DL. We loved this at WDW. I carried my photopass with me everywhere I went with my passes and usually (like at DL) where I would say no thanks, there I used it a lot and if my pic wasn't good or whatever I had theirs.

We were in DW 2 weeks last year so had quite a few and I added the embellisments as well as used their service for my christmas cards last year. LOVED it!!

Here are a couple of pics from last year.

halloweenatDW001.jpg

This is from Mickeys Not So Scary Halloween Party. I added the Magic Kingdom writing and stars etc.

And this is the Christmas cards I had made

xmascard05001.jpg

I can't WAIT for them to get it at DL. Just wish they had it for our trip next Month but if the other poster is right it will be there for our Dec and Feb trips!! :)

This is great news! I tend to take a lot of pictures anyway, but of course then I'm not in any of them! I would have loved to get the photo pass and have our family picture taken at the various scenic spots, and be able to get ride photos. As it was I probably paid $60 for 3 professional photos (getting doubles of 2 of them.) I would definitely pay $99 and make use of those photographers!

kelmac284 said:
Here are a couple of pics from last year.
<snipped pictures>
I can't WAIT for them to get it at DL. Just wish they had it for our trip next Month but if the other poster is right it will be there for our Dec and Feb trips!! :)

So, it looks like you could still add the embellishments to the pics for your CD when you were at WDW, right. Now that you can no longer do that, do you still think it's worth the $99? I can usually get pictures that are just as good wtih my digital camera, and the Photopass photographer will almost always take a picture with my camera too (so we can all be in the picture), so if I can't add the embellishments I'm just not really seeing the value of the $99 CD.

Alex2kMommy said:
This is great news! I tend to take a lot of pictures anyway, but of course then I'm not in any of them! I would have loved to get the photo pass and have our family picture taken at the various scenic spots, and be able to get ride photos. As it was I probably paid $60 for 3 professional photos (getting doubles of 2 of them.) I would definitely pay $99 and make use of those photographers!

The Disney photographers will take a picture with your camera so you can be in the picture too. Regarding ride photos, I think they've just started doing these at WDW with only Test Track being available right now. Hopefully they'll roll this option out to other rides and also at DL. If it did include ride photos, that would help convince me to purchase the CD.

I think the photo center at DL (and probably DCA) can take care of this. I could be wrong, but I thought they did tranfer pics to disk. Also I know Costco can, and I think a lot of other photo departments, like target can too.

(This was in response to asking if there was someplace to transfer pics to cd)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter