Pi Day Poll

Do you celebrate Pi Day? How?

• I celebrate at work.

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • I celebrate at home.

Votes: 19 18.8%
  • I know what it is, but don't celebrate.

Votes: 68 67.3%
  • What on Earth is Pi Day?

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • PS - I love math!

Votes: 29 28.7%
  • PS - I hate math!

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • Other

Votes: 5 5.0%

• Total voters
I sent my engineer son a pi meme. He's on the first week of a new job so won't get a chance to see him this week.

I picked other. Since we're retired and no longer have kids at home, we don't generally acknowledge it. However, today I used it as an excuse to get a Crumbl cookie (Boston Creme Pie variety) and we'll split it after dinner. It was always a big deal at school when I taught, especially with older kids. My kids used to go out with their friends for pie when they were in high school.

22/7 is an approximation of pi. One place where it used to be used was with the very early models of electronic calculators. Most only did basic math functions and using 22/7 or 335/113 were fairly easy to remember and allowed for calculations that required pi even if the device didn't have that as a built in function.

1710462938367.png

Don't celebrate it. However a favorite restaurant was having a $3.14 12" regular pizza if you dined in. So we went for lunch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter