pick a pearl setting

Hi. Someone on this thread mentioned that they sold a Cinderella's carriage cage at the Beach Club. I don't really want to get the eBay one. Has anyone seen the carriage one in Epcot or Downtown Disney? Are there any other settings with an obvious Disney theme sold in DTD or Epcot? Also, I really want a colored pearl. I have searched the internet trying to find a way to determine the color but i havent found anything definitive. Has anybody found a way to know if a pearl is colored? What kind of oysters are they or is it a variety? Are there black lipped oysters? Thanks so much!

I was at EPCOT in Japan on September 30th and I was surprised to see the Cinderella carriage in the display case as an option for the pearls. This was the first time I saw one sold there and they said all of there silver is sterling silver. I think the price of the carriage cage was around $28 which I though was reasonable for sterling silver. It was nice but I already bought a carriage from ebay to keep my pearl in-not sterling silver but it looks good anyway.

I was at EPCOT in Japan on September 30th and I was surprised to see the Cinderella carriage in the display case as an option for the pearls. This was the first time I saw one sold there and they said all of there silver is sterling silver. I think the price of the carriage cage was around $28 which I though was reasonable for sterling silver. It was nice but I already bought a carriage from ebay to keep my pearl in-not sterling silver but it looks good anyway.

Thanks, good to know that the carriage is there now - was going to order one online but may wait until it gets closer to the trip and call to ask them if they still have it.

Syderella's Mama

Going to do this on our upcoming Thanksgiving trip. i would like the simple stud ear rings. I will need to purchase two pearls, if they are not a good match can i swap one in order to get a match for the ear rings? Also how much are the gold studs? I have issues with other metals, as my ears will swell and even bleed.

Thanks!

I just had to post about my experience with this! On Monday night we went to Japan but got there too late to do this and my DD was devastated. I told her not to worry that we were going to DTD Wed. before we left for home so we would do it there. B I G mistake, it just wasn't a fun experience like we saw going on in Japan. So if this is something you really want to do make sure you make time for it and don't miss out like we did.

I just had to post about my experience with this! On Monday night we went to Japan but got there too late to do this and my DD was devastated. I told her not to worry that we were going to DTD Wed. before we left for home so we would do it there. B I G mistake, it just wasn't a fun experience like we saw going on in Japan. So if this is something you really want to do make sure you make time for it and don't miss out like we did.

Can anyone confirm what time they end this for the day?

I can't confirm the time they end it for the day, but if I recall from the time my friend and I got there too late (back in '05, I believe), it was before Illuminations began. (We went back another day to do it, which worked out just fine 'cause we got awesome pearl colors - a silvery-blue for me that I still wear as a ring every day and a pink for her [pink is her favorite color].)

We got there around 8:45 and you could still pick the pearl but we would have had to go back to pick it up if we would have wanted it set but we weren't going back to Epcot and we didn't have park hoppers. The cheapest setting in DTD was a $49 silver ring that looked like it came from a gumball machine. The lady there was very pushy for us to buy it and was almost mad when we just walked away but it was soooo not worth that kind of money. She said we were wasting the pearl b/c no jeweler would set it for us. Does anyone know if this is true? I did find several really pretty cages on ebay that I will get for my DD and I! (BTW, my DD did get the silver blue pearl, the lady said it is the 2nd rarest pearl!) She didn't even measure them for us so I can't tell you how big they are. My mom picked one with us and we also got one for my sister who wasn't there and all 3 of ours appeared to be the same exact size.

It is not true; you can get a local jeweler to set the pearl for you. I did it once with a pearl I'd gotten at the EPCOT Japan pavilion six or seven years prior ('89 or '90) to taking it to the jeweler. I went to a mall jeweler (not the best, but that's where we went at the time) and they showed me their catalog of necklace settings (since I wanted a necklace). I picked one nicer than anything you'd find at Disney (diamonds are a girl's best friend...). (When I did the Pick-A-Pearl at Disney, I'd wanted a ring out of it, but at that time they wouldn't do it because they said the pearl was too big for a ring. I think they've changed since then.) Oh, and it took a few weeks to get the necklace back from the jeweler.

When my friend and I were turned away from Pick-A-Pearl for getting there too late, others in front of us had done it, but they were just starting to close and so they wouldn't let us even pick a pearl. They stick to their closing time.

Can anyone tell me if they have seen the sterling silver carriage cage at Epcot lately? My daughter has the one from eBay, but I would like to replace it with the sterling silver one on our next trip. Thanks!

I saw it there about 2 weeks ago, but I can't remember the price. I thought it cost about $45.00, but could be wrong.

Can anyone tell me if they have seen the sterling silver carriage cage at Epcot lately? My daughter has the one from eBay, but I would like to replace it with the sterling silver one on our next trip. Thanks!

I saw them in Japan on my trip in November :goodvibes

We got there around 8:45 and you could still pick the pearl but we would have had to go back to pick it up if we would have wanted it set but we weren't going back to Epcot and we didn't have park hoppers. The cheapest setting in DTD was a $49 silver ring that looked like it came from a gumball machine. The lady there was very pushy for us to buy it and was almost mad when we just walked away but it was soooo not worth that kind of money. She said we were wasting the pearl b/c no jeweler would set it for us. Does anyone know if this is true? I did find several really pretty cages on ebay that I will get for my DD and I! (BTW, my DD did get the silver blue pearl, the lady said it is the 2nd rarest pearl!) She didn't even measure them for us so I can't tell you how big they are. My mom picked one with us and we also got one for my sister who wasn't there and all 3 of ours appeared to be the same exact size.

She absolutely lied to you and they are ridiculously pushy there. I have had a very very ugly experience with the company all the way up to the office of their President. Disney is aware of what happened but as it is not a Disney store, rather just a company leasing space from them, there is nothing they can do. They are just awful.

I'm excited the carriage is available in Japan now! I had the carriage for my wedding so I love all things Cindy Carriage! LOL I hope it is still there in May. :goodvibes

I plan to visit Japan's pick a pearl spot in a couple of weeks... I'm pretty sure it's still there... I have the ring and a necklace. Although the setting on the ring fell apart so I plan on bringing that back to see if they can fix it. I think it's just the glue, but I probably wore it too many times in the shower.

Oh, no!! Once you get it fixed, please don't wear your pearls in the shower anymore - they are very sensitive, and you can ruin a pearl very easily. Don't even get lotion, hairspray or soap on it! And if you don't want to get it fixed at WDW, head over to Michael's or Hobby Lobby and get a tube of E-6000 glue and fix it yourself - that glue is hardcore. :-)

Pick-a-pearl sounds fun! My dad did that when he and my mom went to Hawaii a few years ago, and even though the company kept steering him towards a certain oyster, he stuck with the one he wanted, and ended up with 2 black pearls inside it! He got earrings made for me, and I love them.

I have to say, this mega-thread has been so inspiring - I have so many things collected from trips, but most of it has been outgrown or just collects dust. These are all so beautiful, I can't wait to pick out my very own ugly, hairy oyster of my very own!

:wizard:

I have a beautiful ring that I brought 7 years ago and the ring is still in beautiful shape. i plan on taking my mother and my daughter to pick a pearl on our next trip.

Does anyone know what size rings are offered?

I'd like to know this as well. Do they offer smaller ring sizes like 5 or 6? Whole size only or even 0.5 increments?

I've seen the ceremony at Japan but didn't get it in the past. With this long thread, which I read most of, I really really want one now. I might tell DH that this will be our 5th year anniversary gift. :)

Hopefully won't be busy when we stop by Japan.

I'd like to know this as well. Do they offer smaller ring sizes like 5 or 6? Whole size only or even 0.5 increments?

I've seen the ceremony at Japan but didn't get it in the past. With this long thread, which I read most of, I really really want one now. I might tell DH that this will be our 5th year anniversary gift. :)

Hopefully won't be busy when we stop by Japan.

Yes, my 8yo daughter got a ring (with a beautiful 7 mm light blue pearl) in size 4.5 or 5 last week. I believe they start at 4.5 for the plain setting we got her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter