pick a pearl setting

We've done pick a pearl four times. Each time, I have gotten a different pendant setting. My daughter picked a simple ring setting. Here's pictures of the three pendants I purchased (sorry I don't have a picture of her ring). The quality isn't that great. I had them sitting on my dresser and they didn't turn out too well. Then I put them on a red towel and it wasn't much better.

DSCF0439.jpg

DSCF0431.jpg

The silver Cinderella cage is $49.95 and they carry very few at a time. When I bought mine Friday,there were only 3 left. They're cute, but very flimsy and cheaply made.

The silver Cinderella cage is $49.95 and they carry very few at a time. When I bought mine Friday,there were only 3 left. They're cute, but very flimsy and cheaply made.

I picked up a cinderella carriage cage on ebay for around ten dollars. If you know you are going to pick a pearl and you want that cage, it might be a good idea to just buy the cage before or after the trip.

I'm so glad I came across this thread. I have a few question I hope someone can answer.

I know silver carriage cages can be found on ebay, but has anyone seen any in sterling silver?

I read some people purchase the silver cages and paint them with a thin coat of clear nail polish. Aren't pearls very sensitive, for lack of a better term, and wouldn't the polish hurt the pearl?

Oh, and to the PP, I read they were $17 per oyster, but the prices may have changed since that post. ;)

The cinderella cage you buy in Japan is sterling silver and $49.95. It does not come with a chain, just the pendant. And of course, you purchase the pearl seperately, as well.

I just won an auction for a white 18KGP (karat gold-plated, I'm assuming) cage, and the seller also sent me a bonus gold one. I know I'm never going to use it, maybe I can meet up with someone in WDW (or I can send it) and I can pass it on to someone who would enjoy it.

Heres a picture of it (it's the gold one),

2012-02-15%252023.04.57.jpg

and the auction I got it from:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/290646909759?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_846wt_753

I'm also looking for a sterling silver coach/carriage - if anyone come across a listing for them, please post it here, thanks!

Does anyone know if these can still be found on a Disney cruise? We got pearls from Japan when we went in 2010 and I never got a cage for mine. I'd love to have one of the Minnie or Mickey heads when we go on our cruise this year.

Thanks!

I have started a Chamilia charm bracelet. Does anyone know if there is a pearl cage that would fit my bracelet?

I have a pearl ring at Japan years ago and still love it. I thought the charm idea would be a good happy birthday gift to me!

That's unfortunate, I was wanting to get one for my girl :(

I didn't mean to discourage you. My boyfriend bought mine and I still love it. I just wanted people to realize its a cage, and sort of flimsy. It doesn't look cheap and I'm sure she will love hers too. I just wanted people to realize its not inexpensive and its not necessarily the best quality.

Does anyone know if these can still be found on a Disney cruise? We got pearls from Japan when we went in 2010 and I never got a cage for mine. I'd love to have one of the Minnie or Mickey heads when we go on our cruise this year.

Thanks!

They do have boxes with an oyster and cage at Treasure Ketch, but the cages are fairly generic (flowers, ball, etc). I have never seen a Mickey or Minnie cage on the ships. We have cruised on the Magic and the Wonder since 2008.

Corinna

It's my first time at Disney in August and I'm wanting to get a pearl to bring back for my mam. However I don't think she would wear it set as a piece of jewelry.

Does anyone know if they do any kind of presentation that isn't in a piece of jewelry? Perhaps a gift box or presentation box?

Thank you :)

It's my first time at Disney in August and I'm wanting to get a pearl to bring back for my mam. However I don't think she would wear it set as a piece of jewelry.

Does anyone know if they do any kind of presentation that isn't in a piece of jewelry? Perhaps a gift box or presentation box?

They have simple jewelry gift boxes for (I think) $1.50

Maybe the cellphone charm would work for her. I got a gorgeous dolphin cellphone charm in 2009. I don't use it as a cellphone charm, but it is hanging from a nail in the wall.

Corinna

I have sat by and watched the CMs in the Japan pavilion proudly display people's pears. It's about darn time I get one too, eh? I still have a pearl in a cage setting that my parents got me at Sea World San Diego from the early 80s. It's really special. I definitely will get one for my daughter when she is older.

I still don't get why Disney doesn't sell special charms etc to go with the pearls. A Mickey/Minnie cage would be awesome. Ariel with a pearl. The possibilities are endless!

:thumbsup2 I agree!
I have sat by and watched the CMs in the Japan pavilion proudly display people's pears. It's about darn time I get one too, eh? I still have a pearl in a cage setting that my parents got me at Sea World San Diego from the early 80s. It's really special. I definitely will get one for my daughter when she is older.

I still don't get why Disney doesn't sell special charms etc to go with the pearls. A Mickey/Minnie cage would be awesome. Ariel with a pearl. The possibilities are endless!

I totally agree! I did just buy my daughter and myself 2 Cinderella cages on ebay but I'd much rather have Mickey or Minnie cages.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter