pick a pearl setting

We arrived in florida on Friday, since we had a bunch of spare time before we needed to head into tampa, I was able to convince my DF to take me to downtown disney. Since I love opening pearls I let him pick one and I paid for it (haha, it was finally reversed after all these years!)

Note: Mary was not working, the women were not entirely to friendly, she said an "oooh what a pretty pearl." which i felt like it was a bit forced, it has a slight.. different type of hue of white, not gold or pink or anything but not close to something i could say "blue or purple". She measured it and said it was around 8mm. Which is a large pearl, she tried to get me to look at some settings which I wasn't interested in. When I said that I just wanted to take the pearl as it was she put it in a little baggy- which wasn't the normal bag i am used to getting from them. Usually it has the pearl factory logo on them and caring instructions on the back of them. I paid for it and left.. so although it wasn't the best or worst experience I know the experience I will have this saturday in Epcot will be far far far better.

When my friends and I were at WDW in October we went to DTD to pick our pearls. The one friend and I have a tradition that when we go on vacation we pick a pearl (we did this in Vegas last March). I have always been told to pick the biggest and ugliest oyster. At DTD we got two different ones that fit our personalities perfectly. I wear gold and she always wears silver. Here is my pearl and setting (which the lady sold us on because she said that we were princesses):

a2a9247d.jpg

If you don't mind, can you tell me how much this setting is? I LOVE it!!:love:

Did pick a pearl in Epcot on Saturday with my boyfriend.
We watched a few people do openings before me, so he could see what was going on.
3 people in a row got twin pearls, and another person got a 8mm or so silvery blue pearl.
I bought two and got two pretty.. normal pearls. 7 and 7.25mm. One is a little creamy and the other is pretty generic.

Got it set into a 69.99 double pearl ring.
They had the sterling silver carriage cage still, and when I was getting my ring sized I had asked for the ring I was getting, what sizes did they currently have in stock. She said for the one I was picking out was size 4-10.

2d9wj8l.jpg

Did a pearl on my vacation at the end of March. My mother, daughter and I all did one. My mother ended up with two silver pearls that came out of one oyster. She placed hers in double setting necklace. My pearl I did in a cage setting which was also silver, and my daughter put hers in a dolphin necklace setting. Her pearl was cream. Very worth it and we had so much fun doing it.

Hoping to get my newest ring repaired while we're there in June. I have an 8 mm pearl on a large setting from Japan and the pearl popped off a week after we got home.

If you don't mind, can you tell me how much this setting is? I LOVE it!!:love:

Wow, I like this a lot too. 1Grumpy9, I too would be interested in the ballpark cost for silver and gold if you don't mind. And this was at the DTD location? I don't think this setting is at the EPCOT pick a pearl based on the pictures posted.

When I was on the inaugural Hawaii cruise on the Disney Wonder, they offered Pick a Pearl for the first time. The person in charge asked me what pearl I was hoping for and I joked "It's Disney, it better be the black pearl." Sure enough I got a nice big black pearl. I was in two minds about a setting, but got a Plumeria pendant where the pearl dangles from the bottom. Because I bought a setting, she let me pick another oyster and I got black twins, which have been set in earrings matching the pendant.

Corinna

Wow, I like this a lot too. 1Grumpy9, I too would be interested in the ballpark cost for silver and gold if you don't mind. And this was at the DTD location? I don't think this setting is at the EPCOT pick a pearl based on the pictures posted.

I got this at the DTD location!! The cost wasn't completely over the top of price...Since it was in November when I got this, I think it was around $59.99 for the setting. I don't remember what my friend paid for her's (she has the silver one). I know we didn't spend over $100 for it (we kind of spent waaayyy much more in Vegas when we did pearls there).

This has been my DBFF and my tradition when we go on vacation. We will be picking pearls again in December when we go again, only this time we will be picking at Japan instead of DTD. I think this time we are going to be getting the cage that looks like Cinderella's Carriage.

My mom and I did this when we went back in 2001. I loved the experience of it! I was 13 at the time and felt so special getting my own pearl piece of jewelry.

I did the pick a pearl again last week and picked the ugliest, hairy oyster I could find. Imagine my surprise when the castmember opened the pearl and it had twins! They are a pretty yellowish/cream color. I'll take pictures soon and post them here.

I really need to remember to take pictures of my pearls I got in February and post them here! I got 2 silvers, a gold, a pink and a white. And 2 were 8mm :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter