Pin Codes & Dining Plan??

TheLeonhardts

Disney Addict
Okay, I know folks who book rooms at the AP rate can't buy into the Dining Plan -- but what about folks with the email/postcard pin codes? :confused3

For you lucky folks with pin codes, from us pin code dreamers: Have you been able to book full MYW+dining packages? :sunny:

Thanks!

Judy
Charter Member, Vacation Overthinkers Anonymous :earboy2:

Hi there! Yes I was able to get the dining with a pin discount. I had to call back a couple of times because they kept telling me no. Finally on the third try it worked! :cheer2:

Our travel agent was able to use our pin code to book us a package with tickets, room w/discount and meals. It saved us about $1200 for the 5 of us!

Yes you are able to. I booked a package with dining using a pin code I didnt even know I had it till I called and got a very nice CM and she said it was my lucky day that I had been sent out a post card but we had moved and I didnt get it but it was on file. So we got the POFQ for 79.00 I cant wait.

After MANY phone calls, my friend was able to book the whole package, including dining with her pin code. BUT, since she is booking three rooms with the code, she wasn't allowed to! She would have had to leave the extra two rooms off the reservation in order to take advantage of it...so had to pass.

I was also able to get the MYW package + dining and still use my pin code. The girl doing the reservation for me did get a little confused but in the end I got it done and it saved me around $1000.

Tina

HI. I'm a new TA so I ask tons and tons of questions when I call CRO. I've learned that you can add dining to any reservation. Some of the cro cm's know how to add the jump code to the dining and some don't. Just kindly ask your cm to seek help from guest services and they can add it. And you need to have each room on your reservation the same category or it really runs "amuk" with their new system.

One of the CM I spoke with gave me the jump code(YIX) to ask the CM to enter when I was ready to change my reservation. I called a week ago to have my pin code upgraded to the dining plan.

Yes, my TA booked our vacation, and we had a pin code. We booked the MYW package with the dining for the end of June. We are staying at CBR, and saved over $l,000.

1979 - Offstie
1995 - CBR
1997 - CBR
1999 - POR
2003 - CBR
2005 - CBR

fam4jc said:
HI. I'm a new TA so I ask tons and tons of questions when I call CRO. I've learned that you can add dining to any reservation. Some of the cro cm's know how to add the jump code to the dining and some don't. Just kindly ask your cm to seek help from guest services and they can add it. And you need to have each room on your reservation the same category or it really runs "amuk" with their new system.

When you say ANY reservation, what does this mean? I thought you can't add it to a AP discount?

Okay I pm'd fam4jc asking about adding the dining plan to my room only room reservation with a pin. I already purchased park tickets elsewhere since I didnt think it was possible. She said they can add it. However I called twice and was told no. I checked with ticketmania and they said I can cancel/refund my order since it hasnt shipped yet. Costs me an extra 50 dollars or so on tickets. I was thinking that spread that out over 8 days and maybe I ought to go ahead and do it.

My delimma:
During my talk with the CM I mentioned talking to others with my same rate (pin code at the delux received when i called and asked if I qualified for "any of these codes I have been hearing about", i was given the rate but never told i had a pin nor was I told a pin number at the time) and told that they were able to add the dining plan, so could he please try. He said sure he would see what he could do. After being on hold for several minutes he came back asking me about my pin, if i had a pin number,what about the other parties, was one mailed to me. I hated to be dishonest but I was quite evasive: When asked if I had a pin number I answered "not on me" after he kept on I said "I just called up and asked about a discount and they said yes" I dont know exactly what he thought. But he said that the manager had told him to ask me the pin code. After another agonizing 5 minutes on hold wondering if I was about to not only not get dining but also lose my pin rate, he came back and said the only way they could add dining was to purchase 4 (party size) one day tickets. I said No since I already had tickets. Now as I said I'm second thinking the whole ticket thing. BUT what happens when I call again? Can they take my rate away - was i not supposed to have it? At this point I do have the same rate, I double checked that before I got off the phone but I'm scared lol.

First of all, they can't give you a pin code rate if you didn't have one, they simply can't physically do it! The system doesn't allow it...so you DO have one. And even so, they won't take it away from you. Whatever you do, do NOT let them try to tell you you have to rebook it, as you may very well lose it all!!! DOn't let them do anything to that existing reservation, exept add to it.

MemoryMakers2669 said:
First of all, they can't give you a pin code rate if you didn't have one, they simply can't physically do it! The system doesn't allow it...so you DO have one. And even so, they won't take it away from you. Whatever you do, do NOT let them try to tell you you have to rebook it, as you may very well lose it all!!! DOn't let them do anything to that existing reservation, exept add to it.

They can book a pin code rate without a code.

If you upgrade to the dining plan, they may cancel your first reservation, then rebook it. That's what happened when I changed to the dining plan two weeks ago.

Since I was within the 45 day period (we leave on Friday :banana: ) I had to pay the full amount when I booked. The CM credited the first deposit back to my credit card then charged me for the package.

Why she couldn't just upgrade the first reservation,is beyond me. :confused3

It took awhile, about 30 minutes but it all worked out. The travel documents came today. :banana: :cheer2: I had to make two calls before I got a CM that knew what to do. The first CM insisted that I could not book the dining plan with a pin code. :rolleyes:

I only added the one day base MYW passes to my package.

I didnt want to pay the extra or the one day passes or we could have done it today. or I guess we could he quoted me a price that was about 950 more than my room rate. 2adults, 2kids daily dining plan = 90*8 nights=720. so I guess it would have cost me an extra 230 over just the dining plan. As far as i can figure adding the 7 day tickts + the dining costs me the dining plus 50 more dollars over getting the discounted tix.

disneyjunkie said:
They can book a pin code rate without a code.

If you upgrade to the dining plan, they may cancel your first reservation, then rebook it. That's what happened when I changed to the dining plan two weeks ago.

OK, please share how you get the pin code rate without one???

And if anyone is going to change a reservation, by adding the Dining Plan, make sure they have enough room at the inn before letting them cancel out the first one to rebook the whole thing new. I am going in June and POR is SOLD OUT so I would never let them cancel my ressie to try to rebook it!

I have 5 nights booked at Pop in Oct at rack rates, how do I go about getting a "pin code rate"? I called last week and while my cm said I had a code, she said it was from last year so it wouldn't help.

Hi. It's been a busy weekend... My pastor resigned today :earseek: Anyway, I wanted to clarify something I posted earlier...

I have added the dining plan to discounted rooms for a large group. BUT, what I didn't realize until after I read that other post and looked up my paperwork was, the rooms I added the plan to HAD TICKETS I had added last week. So when I looked further into it this is what I found out.

1. You can add the dining plan to discounted rooms IF all people in the room have tickets also. So in essence what happens is the room only discount becomes a package by adding the tix and dining plan without changing the room rate. That's when they use the jump code.

2. This won't work on rooms where tickets are not needed like if you are purchasing from a tix wholesaler or someone has an AP (because everyone in the room must have the same tix and plan).

I was able to do this for some of my rooms on this grand gathering where other families didn't want or need tix or dining for various reasons.

I am sorry if I caused some confusion. I got excited when I was able to addthe dining and not change my room rates...

So I would suggest calculating it all out to see if the dining plan will save you more than the extra $50 for the tickets through CRO. From what I hear the dining plan can be a real saver if you work at it. I use the DDE card so I haven't tried this dining plan yet. I have no first hand experience with it. There are posters on the restaurant thread that have used it and should be able to advice on its savings capasity.

Again, I am sorry for the confusion. I am new but I should be more careful about what advice I post.

:sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter