Pirates! Pirates! Pirates!!! POTC At World's End! Discussion, SPOILERS

I just did not care for the Calypso getting Giant sized...We are going next week end to an old fashion drive in to see "World's End" again....can't wait. :)

I just did not care for the Calypso getting Giant sized...We are going next week end to an old fashion drive in to see "World's End" again....can't wait. :)

Awesome, so are we! We'll probably be seeing it on during the week. I have some self imposed "rule" where I have to see these kinds of movies multiple times in the theatre. We were there Thursday at 8pm, we'll be seeing it in digital, and we'll also be going to the drive in. The drive in we'll be at also has a POTC popcorn tub that is calling out to me. :rotfl2:

1st off i must say:
Kiera Knightly is GORGEOUS
(puts every girl in my school to shame)

2nd off:
I wish sparrow ended up with her...enough of will turner

Here is a few pictures I took the night of the premiere.

DSC01662.jpg

This is me (right) and RJrules :) Always making funny faces

DSC01663.jpg

Seemed like a good idea at the time to get a picture of the cup.

DSC01667.jpg

Really hard to make out but this was someone dressed as a pirate with a pirate cape on his back just running around the theatre before the show.

DSC01670.jpg

We were well stocked with food. TocinoRules and Celtic right there

DSC01671.jpg

Another difficult one but this was a person dressed as Jack Sparrow and he was sooo lifelike. He walked and talked like Jack did. But sadly Movie security made him remove his jacket:rotfl:

DSC01684.jpg

Yes I managed to get a few screenshots without disturbing the movie but some are blurry.

DSC01685.jpg

Another screenshot.

DSC01687.jpg

Tried to get a screenshot of Shipwreck cove but did not go so well.

I had a lot of other screen shots but sadly since the screen of my digital camera was off I could not see what I was taking pictures of so the pictures are cut out.

Great movie and a great time!

Disniplaya

Just like to say that for all of the people who are sad about will, he is free if you watch after the credits.

If the loved one of the captain of the flying dutchman stays faithful through the 10 years, then the captain is free.

Just like to say that for all of the people who are sad about will, he is free if you watch after the credits.

If the loved one of the captain of the flying dutchman stays faithful through the 10 years, then the captain is free.
Yup, I mentioned that in post #38. :thumbsup2

Oh my now that is a twist! I just know there is a fourth one, now that Will is free. But who will take his place?

I need to go see it again now, I did not see the movie after the credits or grasp the whole ten years then. I'm happy now. :goodvibes

Ok good. :p

Thought everyone was like... Will's doomed and all.
Well, I don't really think he's free. :confused3 As stated many times during the film, the Dutchman needs a captain. I think it's a fitting end, myself. Now, I may be crazy in wanting to believe that he gets one day every ten years, but I was simply happy that he came, and she was waiting for him.

Calypso put the curse of 10 years there. If the cursed man's beloved was still waiting for him after 10 years, the man was no longer bound to the ship. The green flash represents the curse being broken (i.e. there was a green flash when they all escaped the locker). So when Will was returning 10 years later, Elizabeth was waiting for him...and the curse was broken. So Calypso wasn't needed to give Will his heart back. They can already be together now. This also explains why Davy Jones was so furious and heartbroken at Calypso for not being there when he was able to step onto land after 10 years. The only way he wouldn't be bound to the ship anymore was if she was still waiting for him, which she wasn't, and therefore he remained cursed.

I didn't really see it that way. :confused3

The green flash represented a soul coming back, didn't it? I didn't think it had anything to do with the curse. I also didn't catch the captain being free if they were reunited after 10 years. I thought it was just that he had one day every ten years. I also assumed that he was sailing away after his second one day, much like the green flash happened when he sailed away after the first one day.

Maybe I really NEED to go see it again?

Well, now that the odd post is gone, that was useless.

Thanks for posting what happened at the end, we left without knowing there was something after the credits.

I didn't really see it that way. :confused3

The green flash represented a soul coming back, didn't it? I didn't think it had anything to do with the curse. I also didn't catch the captain being free if they were reunited after 10 years. I thought it was just that he had one day every ten years. I also assumed that he was sailing away after his second one day, much like the green flash happened when he sailed away after the first one day.

Maybe I really NEED to go see it again?
It's explained, but in a pretty cryptic way, in the movie so it's something you kind of have to read in between the lines with. The writers (Ted Elliott & Terry Rossio) have said that Elizabeth's patient and loving wait has freed Will from the curse. They have also confirmed that a scene explaining this has been deleted due to the movie's length. I'm really hoping they will include that with the deleted scenes on the DVD.

With the green flash, I've heard on different sites that both explanations (yours and mine) are correct...a soul returning to earth & the breaking of a curse. However the soul part would need to be explained more to me....being that in DMC we never see a green flash and there are several times we see the ship coming above water. So to me it seems that there's more to it than just a soul coming back...unless it's a soul coming back from a curse? I don't know. I haven't seen any more detailed information on it.

Narnian_Princess said:
Well, I don't really think he's free. As stated many times during the film, the Dutchman needs a captain. I think it's a fitting end, myself. Now, I may be crazy in wanting to believe that he gets one day every ten years, but I was simply happy that he came, and she was waiting for him.
The curse was not that he would have to be captain. The curse was that the captain could not step foot on land but once every ten years. Ultimately Will still is "dead" being that he has no heart in him...but he's no longer under a curse where he can't step on land except for one day every ten years.

The part I really liked was the multiple Jacks!! Now that was hilarious!!

Off Topic::offtopic: My 300th post!! Woohoo!!!!!!! Yay!!:banana: :banana: :cool1: :cheer2: :cheer2: :woohoo:

Ok well I did some research.
At the beginging the kid singing was will so some how he did not die and the song makes alot of sence when you buy it or listen to it alot. This is what I got out of it

The king and his men
stole the queen from her bed
and bound her in her Bones.
The seas be ours
and by the powers
where we will well roam.
Yo, ho, haul together,
hoist the colors high.
Heave ho, thieves and beggars,
never saywe die
song =
queen=calypso
bound in her bones=stuck in human form
king and his men=pirates
the seas be ours=calypso no longer rules the seas

Confusing I know LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter