PlanDisney Panelist Search 2024 Applications Now Open

GBRforWDW

DIS Veteran
PlanDisney has launched the application process for 2024 Panelists! Join the discussion below if you plan to apply or cheer on the ones that do apply!

https://plandisney.disney.go.com/recruiting/

PlanDisney Applications Now Open​

There are plenty of planning tools to help navigate through a Disney vacation, but it's still no easy task. With many theme parks, dozens of resort hotels, water parks, luxury cruise ships, shopping, dining, recreation, special events, entertainment and more, planning a Disney vacation can leave some guests feeling a bit overwhelmed before they arrive. That's where planDisney comes in.

planDisney is an online forum of real guests who have mastered the art of planning a Disney vacation. These passionate planners provide personalized responses to guests all over the world to help them create the most magical vacations ever and make memories that will last a lifetime.

Each year, we search for new, enthusiastic and knowledgeable guests to join this group of vacation planning helpers, and applications for this year’s Search are NOW OPEN. Applications will be accepted through NOON ET on August 7, 2023.

We’re searching for a diverse group of guests who’ve "been there," and are excited to share their vacation tips, heartfelt advice and real stories for getting the most out of a Disney vacation, whether it’s a trip to Walt Disney World Resort or Disneyland Resort, sailing the high seas with Disney Cruise Line or using your Disney Vacation Club membership to travel to a Disney beach resort.

The application is a three-stage process: a series of short-answer questions, a brief video submission and a virtual interview. The process will conclude in September, when the 2024 planDisney panelists have been selected. Applicants chosen must be available to attend a training session at Walt Disney World Resort and aboard Disney Cruise Line from November 29 - December 4, 2023.

Before you apply, we encourage you to study up on what planDisney is all about and what it takes to be a panelist:

Last edited:
Please carefully review the participation and eligibility guidelines below PRIOR to applying.

All Panelists must:
  • Have access to a computer and an internet connection.
  • Meet the recency requirement stated for the specialty you intend to apply for below:
    • Walt Disney World Resort: Must have visited at least once between August 1, 2022 and August 7, 2023.
    • Disneyland Resort: Must have visited at least once between August 1, 2022 and August 7, 2023.
    • Disney Cruise Line: Must have sailed at least once between August 9, 2021 and August 7, 2023.
    • Disney Vacation Club: Must have traveled to a Disney Destination utilizing your Membership at least once between August 1, 2021 and August 7, 2023.
  • Be able to complete at least approximately 15-20 written responses per week, roughly estimated 30 minutes per question.
  • Provide their own opinions, tips and feedback on Disney vacations.
  • Submit an autobiography and personal photo and/or video to be posted online.
  • Be available to travel to Walt Disney World Resort and aboard Disney Cruise Line from November 29 through December 4, 2023 for Training sessions. Panelists cannot bring family members or friends on the Training visit (detailed dates will be confirmed with Panelists following the search & selection).
  • Not be current employees/Cast Members of The Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates, including Disney Internship programs, or of any operating participant located at the Walt Disney World or Disneyland Resorts; not be immediate family members of a current employee/Cast Member of The Walt Disney Company, including Disney Internships participants, or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates or of any operating participant located at the Walt Disney World or Disneyland Resorts; and not currently reside with a current employee/Cast Member of The Walt Disney Company, including Disney Internship participants, or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates or of any operating participant located at the Walt Disney World or Disneyland Resorts. In addition, panelists and their immediate family members must not have a material financial interest in, and must not serve on the Board of Directors of: The Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates; any entity that owns or operates any hotel, resort or theme park located in Orange, Osceola, Lake, Polk or Seminole Counties, Florida or Orange County, California; any entity that owns, charters, or operates cruise ships; or any entity that sells or manages timeshare accommodations or plans.
  • Not be currently employed in the travel, hotel, theme park, cruise line or time share industries (including, without limitation, being a travel agent or consultant); and not be an immediate family member of, or currently reside with, people currently employed in the travel, hotel, theme park, cruise line or time share industries (including being an immediate family member of, or currently residing with a travel agent or consultant). This exclusion shall not apply to persons employed in travel transportation industries (for example, airlines and bus operators).

As used in these eligibility requirements, "immediate family member" means a spouse, parent, child, sibling and mother- or father-in-law, son- or daughter-in-law, brother- or sister-in-law, as well as people (other than household employees) who permanently reside in a person’s home; and "material financial interest" means any paid relationship or arrangement (for example, as agent, representative, employee, promoter, consultant or "finder") with a business organization or any ownership interest (of stock, partnership interests, etc.) in excess of 5 percent in a publicly traded entity or, in the case of a non-public entity, having a fair market value in excess of US $25,000.

Panelists will receive a Walt Disney World Resort, Disneyland Resort, or Disney Cruise Line vacation, dependent on specialty, for panelist and up to three family members and/or park tickets for their participation on the planDisney Panel.

It is our policy to provide equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, disability, pregnancy, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.

Last edited:
Why would someone use the 'planDisney' site instead of just asking Disney travel related questions at forums like these?

Why would someone use the 'planDisney' site instead of just asking Disney travel related questions at forums like these?
Because people google stuff and find the plan Disney site first and Don't realize there's more options. Anyway, this thread is for people interested in being a panelist and not meant to push anyone planning a trip to PlanDisneys site.

Not be current employees/Cast Members of The Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates, including Disney Internship programs, or of any operating participant located at the Walt Disney World or Disneyland Resorts;
Darn, I really want to apply but I work for a the corporate side of a company that has a store in Disney Springs. The way that I’m interpreting the end of that sentence means (to me) that I can’t apply. Anyone else interpret it the same way?

I applied, but not holding my breath 😂 I know a lot of people apply for this and pour MAJOR energy into it, but in the end there are going to be so many applications and so few spots - the odds are so slim it's not worth obsessing over in my opinion. Of course, it has to be someone, and you have nothing to lose by submitting an application. I'm sure I blew it automatically - you only have 100 words for your responses and apparently Disney nomenclature is super important? I pared down the official names of resorts and such to try to cut down my word count, but I think that might've been a no-no 🤷‍♀️

It says you get a reward trip for participation, does that just cover your tickets to Disney? Or does it include hotel or anything too?

And for the training in Disneyland do they cover your flights ?

It says you get a reward trip for participation, does that just cover your tickets to Disney? Or does it include hotel or anything too?

And for the training in Disneyland do they cover your flights ?

It's my understanding that the training is paid. The compensation is the vacation, which I believe includes hotel, park tickets, as well as flights probably if you're far enough away. I did read the fine print, and I remember it saying something about flights, sometimes. And also I don't remember it specifying how many days/nights.

I have a friend on the panel. She's cycled in and out, so she doesn't "serve" every year. When she is an active member she gets a reward trip. That is her compensation. I believe it covered everything for two people, though I'm not positive.

Training is paid for if you make it (flights, hotel, tickets, etc.).

I have a friend on the panel. She's cycled in and out, so she doesn't "serve" every year. When she is an active member she gets a reward trip. That is her compensation. I believe it covered everything for two people, though I'm not positive.

Training is paid for if you make it (flights, hotel, tickets, etc.).

I read the fine print, I think it was for 4 people (the vacation, that is). Training was paid but obviously only for the panelist themselves.

If it's like last year, should it be sometime this week that applicants know if they make it to the next round?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter