Planning is "almost" as much fun as the actual trip

Ms. Shuttergirl

DIS Veteran
Obviously just by the nature of us being here on the Dis most of us are planners. I've always been a planner but have to say that planning for our US trips, most esp WDW and DL has been more fun that I could've ever imagined. You can plan just a little, or like me, be a crazy psycho micro planner :rotfl2:.

I am trying to be a little more fluid this time, but only slightly :rotfl:.

I decided I would do some things for the trip each day when I had a spare moment because my schedule is going to be hectic in the next 7 weeks. Today was my first day this week without clients so I decided to have a lovely "planning" day. I went to the supermarket and figured I would pick up a few toiletries for the trip. I have a real weird thing about wanting to take all new stuff, weird huh. Half an hour later I left with:-

Sunscreen
Anti Bac Gel - big and little
100g Toothpastes for the plane
Bandaids - in every size, shape and style imaginable (remember my blisters from last year :lmao:)
"Feminine Items" just in case
Smaller shampoo and conditioner
Nurofen (only one pack because I can't wait to buy the cheap Ibuprofen over there}
Deodrant
New toothbrushes
Tissues
Baby Wipes
Moleskin
Quickeze
Lip Balm
Cotton Buds - small
Imodium (in case anyone gets the "runs", I never leave home without it)
Ziplock bags - small medium and large (gotta love em)

I didn't stop at toiletries though. Then I thought, well why not buy some little treats for the kids for the plane and snacks for during the trip that would give the kids a little sugar boost when they needed it:-

Mentos - 4 pack
Tic Tacs
M&M's
Mouth Mints
Fruit Sticks
Dippits
A mixture of sweet fruit snack things that come in little individual bags to stuff in my bag when we are on the go

Then I went into my cupboard and got out what I call our "travel kit". I keep all the things we use when travelling in the one bag so I know exactly where to look when we are going away whether that be a weekend or a big trip. I got out:-

Reading Lights
Suitcase Locks
Velcro cable ties for all charger cords etc
Power point adaptors
Batteries
Tide Laundry detergent sachets left over from last trip
Pegs and clothes line
Blow up neck pillows
Small travel shopping bag and backpack
Eye masks
Toothbrush covers
Sewing Kit
Digital Scales (best thing since sliced bread)

After the shopping, I rang ANZ to find out what the conversion rate was today and when they said .8857 I was in the car like a shot and off to the bank. I put what I believe will be all we will need for spending money on the travel card and then ordered $750US cash (I already have $250 left over from last time).

In an endeavour to escape the blister hell from last time, I have already purchased Bodyglide for my feet, new socks that cost more than my whole underwear drawer, crocs and slip ons for evening time to give my feet a break from sneakers, have jumped on my crosstrainer on occasion :rotfl2: and have been making sure to wear my sneakers more to get used to wearing shoes everyday (I work from home so slippers are my shoe of choice often).

Our accom is all booked and paid for, NY transfers booked, ME booked to take us to and from Orlando Airport, all ADR's made, I booked the Wishes Dessert Party this week which sounds heavenly, we have our Yankees tickets.

I've looked up some cheap eats for around where we are staying in NY, researched a laundromat just in case but still have a few more things to look into for New York in general.

I have worked out days and parks for WDW but still need to get a better idea of what our must dos are, along with some "heat escaping" options should the weather be as unbearable as I am fearing.

And I love downloading all of the cute things off the Creative DISigns boards. I have folders of the most gorgeous designs that I make into bookmarks for the kids, they cover their folders with them, I make little cards for them, cover their lollies for the trip in them, make activity books, etc.

We have been watching our Disney Parks DVD set over and over and are very excited that Fantasia is on Foxtel tonight, woohoo.

Whew.

Gosh I love planning. And I've decided that when I get back I will just start planning again, even though my DH isn't quite on board with that yet. He never seems to be on board at the start but here I am taking my 2nd trip in 11 months :rolleyes1. I must have some secret powers or something :lmao:.

Tell me I am not a crazy planning fool, please tell me that other's plan so far ahead.

Oh you are crazy...no doubt about it....:rotfl2::rotfl2::thumbsup2
Looking at that list....you are super duper organised.
I had to go straight back to work the day after the plane landed and so things are still scattered about the house...:rolleyes1

Just a word on blisters.
I (for the FIRST TIME :sad: ) got blisters. I got one so bad on my little toe I was limping awkwardly and ended up in a wheelchair :headache:

So....suggestion to look for in drug stores (I love that name :lmao: ) for the special Bandaid TOE blister packs. They are like the ones they sell here....but for your toes!!!:love:
They weren't EVERYwhere. It was I think a Super Walmart we found them...but keep an eye out.
(and they are cheaper)

Oh...and for anyone on allergy medication!!!!
Anyone who takes Telfast every day so their head doesn't explode every 2 seconds...

BRING IT WITH YOU!! It is a Prescription medicine over there and costs a FORTUNE!!! I couldn't find my box and freaked when I found out the cost of replacing it. Thankfully I found it hiding under my gingerbread shingles and rice krispies. :lmao:

The Disney planning is good....and fun....(and stressful)
But it is the planning for everything else that I find mainly stressful :rotfl2:

Oh I so totally agree with you. The planning is almost as much fun as the actual trip!

How Exciting, what a fun planning and organising day you have had.

I always buy new stuff too to take away :lmao: I have my little list but am yet to finish it. I always buy new epipens and antihistamines (for peanut allergy), shampoos, toothpaste, toothbrushes, deoderant..... The list goes on. But it's all new. Even my asthma sprays, I always fill scripts and take new, not because they old are near empty but I like everything to be new :rotfl2:
I do always do a Garden Grocer or some other type of grocery delivery, so often get things delivered in that order, water, laundry liquid, wipes, feminine items (and in the early days of family travel, nappies) and Ziplocks. Can not travel without the Ziplocks. :thumbsup2

On blisters. There are things that you can buy here called Blister Block, they are by bandaid and I never travel without them as I get blisters SO badly. These you put on and they stay on for a few days. Here is what they look like. You can get them in the states too but they have a bigger range in the US, they don't have the toe ones that Queenie mentioned here, I haven't seen them anyway. I must invest in some of the toe ones when we go as they sound great. Thanks for that tip Queenie :thumbsup2
http://www.chemistdirect.com.au/band-aid-advanced-healing-blister-block-x-4/

Is that DVD set good? I was going to order that from Amazon and I forgot :rotfl:

Oh you are crazy...no doubt about it....:rotfl2::rotfl2::thumbsup2
Looking at that list....you are super duper organised.

Just a word on blisters.
I (for the FIRST TIME :sad: ) got blisters. I got one so bad on my little toe I was limping awkwardly and ended up in a wheelchair :headache:

So....suggestion to look for in drug stores (I love that name :lmao: ) for the special Bandaid TOE blister packs. They are like the ones they sell here....but for your toes!!!:love:
They weren't EVERYwhere. It was I think a Super Walmart we found them...but keep an eye out.
(and they are cheaper)

Yes I am a little cuckoo.

Thanks for the heads up about the Toe Blisters. I was in a world of pain last time, seriously I had them all over my feet and I'm not exaggerating. I had to pop Nurofen CONSTANTLY to just make myself step one foot in front of the other. I didn't wear shoes for 4-5 days after we returned either. Ouch:eek:

I will make sure to get some in New York the first day if poss.

Oh dear :eek:

I thought I was a planner, but Shuttergirl, you put me to shame :lmao::lmao::lmao:

xxx

:rotfl2:

Oh I so totally agree with you. The planning is almost as much fun as the actual trip!

How Exciting, what a fun planning and organising day you have had.

I always buy new stuff too to take away :lmao: I have my little list but am yet to finish it. I always buy new epipens and antihistamines (for peanut allergy), shampoos, toothpaste, toothbrushes, deoderant..... The list goes on. But it's all new. Even my asthma sprays, I always fill scripts and take new, not because they old are near empty but I like everything to be new :rotfl2:
I do always do a Garden Grocer or some other type of grocery delivery, so often get things delivered in that order, water, laundry liquid, wipes, feminine items (and in the early days of family travel, nappies) and Ziplocks. Can not travel without the Ziplocks. :thumbsup2

On blisters. There are things that you can buy here called Blister Block, they are by bandaid and I never travel without them as I get blisters SO badly. These you put on and they stay on for a few days. Here is what they look like. You can get them in the states too but they have a bigger range in the US, they don't have the toe ones that Queenie mentioned here, I haven't seen them anyway. I must invest in some of the toe ones when we go as they sound great. Thanks for that tip Queenie :thumbsup2
http://www.chemistdirect.com.au/band-aid-advanced-healing-blister-block-x-4/

Is that DVD set good? I was going to order that from Amazon and I forgot :rotfl:

Oh and I did my Garden Grocer order yesterday. I read a few threads where people were saying you needed to get in early because the dates fill up and you can't get an order delivered. I ordered water, coke, an esky (no fridge at POP), cereal, chips, Purex all in one washing sheets, fruit, cookies, breakfast chocolate milk sachets. I think that's all???

Glad to hear you are a crazy everything new planner too.

I have already bought some of those Blister Block things, thanks. I found the moleskin was great last time but I just didn't listen to my feet and get it on when the hotspots started. I believe that is the key, prevention rather than cure.

The DVD's are great. Kind of behind the scenes and some history and there is one on WDW, an Extreme ride on for WDW, one on DL, one on AK, one on Cruises (I so want to go now) and one on Undiscovered Parks.

We have watched the WDW ones over and over.

Oh and I did my Garden Grocer order yesterday. I read a few threads where people were saying you needed to get in early because the dates fill up and you can't get an order delivered. I ordered water, coke, an esky (no fridge at POP), cereal, chips, Purex all in one washing sheets, fruit, cookies, breakfast chocolate milk sachets. I think that's all???

Glad to hear you are a crazy everything new planner too.

I have already bought some of those Blister Block things, thanks. I found the moleskin was great last time but I just didn't listen to my feet and get it on when the hotspots started. I believe that is the key, prevention rather than cure.

The DVD's are great. Kind of behind the scenes and some history and there is one on WDW, an Extreme ride on for WDW, one on DL, one on AK, one on Cruises (I so want to go now) and one on Undiscovered Parks.

We have watched the WDW ones over and over.

I have everything saved in my garden grocer cart waiting to press the order button :rotfl: Can I tell you that I have had it all saved in there for about 4 months :rotfl2: And I keep going back to see what else I may need and if they have anything new. I have used them before, they were absolutely fantastic :thumbsup2 They actually delivered a day before we arrived and Bell Services kept the fridge things in the fridge, it was great (we were delayed by a day because of flight cancellations nationwide in the US, it took over 42 hours to get from Brisbane to Orlando :eek: I ended up in hospital as I fainted when we arrived at reception, ended up being dehydrated and had no potassium in my blood and no sleep since we left home, anyway, steering very OT as I usually do :lmao: )

I thought you can rent a fridge at the Values? I did read that somewhere :confused3 Oh maybe it was on the disabilites board, it may be a medical fridge :confused3

What is the moleskin? I haven't heard of that before.

I think I am going to have to go to amazon and get that DVD, it sounds good. :thumbsup2

Another thing I love to do is watch Airline USA (it's on Fridays at the moment, channel 72 at 7pm) It gets me all excited about flying and going to the US.

I also recorded Getaway ages ago when they had a NY special on over two weeks. Watched that again last week, got us all excited about NY :cool1:

One show I watched the other night which was not really the best thing to watch before going away was Air Crash Investigations! Won't be watching that again :lmao:

I have everything saved in my garden grocer cart waiting to press the order button :rotfl: Can I tell you that I have had it all saved in there for about 4 months :rotfl2: And I keep going back to see what else I may need and if they have anything new. I have used them before, they were absolutely fantastic :thumbsup2 They actually delivered a day before we arrived and Bell Services kept the fridge things in the fridge, it was great (we were delayed by a day because of flight cancellations nationwide in the US, it took over 42 hours to get from Brisbane to Orlando :eek: I ended up in hospital as I fainted when we arrived at reception, ended up being dehydrated and had no potassium in my blood and no sleep since we left home, anyway, steering very OT as I usually do :lmao: )

I thought you can rent a fridge at the Values? I did read that somewhere :confused3 Oh maybe it was on the disabilites board, it may be a medical fridge :confused3

What is the moleskin? I haven't heard of that before.

I think I am going to have to go to amazon and get that DVD, it sounds good. :thumbsup2

Oh no about the fainting :scared1:. You poor thing, what an ordeal. Man I hope that doesn't happen to us.

You can hire a fridge but it cost approx. $10-12 per day and frankly it's just not worth it to us. There are apparently ice machines in each building at POP so we bought an esky for $12 and DH will go and refill the ice each night. We thought that was a better value because really we won't be eating in the room all that much. I imagine we will have lots of stuff left over.

Here is the moleskin:- http://www.getprice.com.au/Scholl-Sore-Spot-Moleskin-Gpnc_325--33080921.htm

Do a search on the DIS for moleskin and every person raves about it, that's how i got onto it last time.

Another thing I love to do is watch Airline USA (it's on Fridays at the moment, channel 72 at 7pm) It gets me all excited about flying and going to the US.

I also recorded Getaway ages ago when they had a NY special on over two weeks. Watched that again last week, got us all excited about NY :cool1:

One show I watched the other night which was not really the best thing to watch before going away was Air Crash Investigations! Won't be watching that again :lmao:

Yeah not a good show to watch right now :lmao:

Ms Shuttergirl there's another line of business there for you. Holiday Pre-planner.

OH NO!!:eek:
Our trip that went to NY first then WDW a couple years ago I ended up in Hospital from dehydration. I had been going at a cracking pace in NYC trying to see and do everything. We then went to Orlando and started on that part of the trip. The second night I got a killer killer migraine and in the early hours of the morning had a seizure and ended up at Celebration Hospital. Dehydration :confused3:confused3 You just don't see it coming in these hectic situations. Now I get given drinks right left and centre whenever we go anywhere :lmao::lmao: If I ask for a drink and the only options are $5 bottles of drink...I get given the money no questions asked :rotfl2::rotfl2:

You can hire a fridge but it cost approx. $10-12 per day and frankly it's just not worth it to us. There are apparently ice machines in each building at POP so we bought an esky for $12 and DH will go and refill the ice each night. We thought that was a better value because really we won't be eating in the room all that much. I imagine we will have lots of stuff left over.
There is another option. We have usually stayed somewhere with a fridge as a minimum...but if not we have always had the plan of buying a fridge from Walmart. [not needed to yet...but if we need to we will]
You can then just leave it there.
The same goes for a microwave.
You can get these things pretty cheap so it is worth considering.
We would go and buy it at the store....but you could also look online at walmart and buy it on there and probably get it shipped to the hotel if you want :thumbsup2
We are planning to do that but having it shipped to the closest STORE with an airbed on the next trip.

Our trip that went to NY first then WDW a couple years ago I ended up in Hospital from dehydration. I had been going at a cracking pace in NYC trying to see and do everything. We then went to Orlando and started on that part of the trip. The second night I got a killer killer migraine and in the early hours of the morning had a seizure and ended up at Celebration Hospital. Dehydration :confused3:confused3 You just don't see it coming in these hectic situations. Now I get given drinks right left and centre whenever we go anywhere :lmao::lmao: If I ask for a drink and the only options are $5 bottles of drink...I get given the money no questions asked :rotfl2::rotfl2:

There is another option. We have usually stayed somewhere with a fridge as a minimum...but if not we have always had the plan of buying a fridge from Walmart. [not needed to yet...but if we need to we will]
You can then just leave it there.
The same goes for a microwave.
You can get these things pretty cheap so it is worth considering.
We would go and buy it at the store....but you could also look online at walmart and buy it on there and probably get it shipped to the hotel if you want :thumbsup2
We are planning to do that but having it shipped to the closest STORE with an airbed on the next trip.

Oh no on the dehydration. It's scary how quickly it can happen. I am going to be the water nazi when we are at WDW esp.

I did think of the buying the fridge thing actually. Over in the resort section, they have "fridge swaps" where someone buys a friend and then leaves it for the next person and so on and so on. How clever. It was just too late for me to get into the loop.

For the few bottles of water and coke cans we want to keep cool I feel sure the cooler we purchased will be fine. Plus we may even be able to take it with us the day we go to Blizzard Beach with some drinks and snacks. We'll be just like locals :rotfl:.

Oh no about the fainting :scared1:. You poor thing, what an ordeal. Man I hope that doesn't happen to us.

$10 to $12 A DAY :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Here is the moleskin:- http://www.getprice.com.au/Scholl-Sore-Spot-Moleskin-Gpnc_325--33080921.htm

Do a search on the DIS for moleskin and every person raves about it, that's how i got onto it last time.

Thank you, I'll check it out. Sounds great.

Yeah not a good show to watch right now :lmao:

It's a lovely hospital isn't it. Blooming expensive though :eek::eek::eek: We were both there from dehydration, it is scary how it just creeps up on you. I fainted from the lack of potassium apparantly, all a bit strange, but to top it all off they gave me some drug (along with a drip and potassium) and I had an allergic reaction to the drug. Disney were amazing though, because we had been delayed for so long and running from plane to plane to get to Orlando, and there were no meals on the internal planes, just chips and junk, we realised at 2.45pm that we hadn't actually eaten since the night before :scared1: Anyway because of all the drama when we got to our room, AKL manager was so amazing, we ordered room service and we were not charged. They apparantly reimburse the taxi fare from the hospital too (but I didn't take that, tried not to take the free meal either, it wasn't their fault, but they insisted and just wouldn't give me a bill). I'm glad that you are given drinks now :lmao: Did Disney look after you when you had your seizure, that must have been scary and very scary for your family seeing you ill

Oh no on the dehydration. It's scary how quickly it can happen. I am going to be the water nazi when we are at WDW esp.

It's funny, I drink so much water, at home I probably drink about 3 litres a day, so on the plane I am so aware of dehydration that I make sure that we all drink a lot, so I really don't know what happened. I think that with over 42 hours of travelling and then not eating for almost a day, it was just frantic from when we left LA and were flown around the USA to get to Orlando, changing planes, terminals it was a bit of a nightmare.
But it's the long flights and terminal changes, that you really have to be careful to drink a lot to avoid dehydration :thumbsup2 I have learnt my lesson :thumbsup2 A very expensive lesson :rotfl:

For the few bottles of water and coke cans we want to keep cool I feel sure the cooler we purchased will be fine. Plus we may even be able to take it with us the day we go to Blizzard Beach with some drinks and snacks. We'll be just like locals :rotfl:.

Great idea taking the eskie :idea: They do have the all you can drink cups too at Blizzard Beach (not the ones from the resort), but you probably already know that :thumbsup2

It's a lovely hospital isn't it. Blooming expensive though :eek::eek::eek: We were both there from dehydration, it is scary how it just creeps up on you. I fainted from the lack of potassium apparantly, all a bit strange, but to top it all off they gave me some drug (along with a drip and potassium) and I had an allergic reaction to the drug. Disney were amazing though, because we had been delayed for so long and running from plane to plane to get to Orlando, and there were no meals on the internal planes, just chips and junk, we realised at 2.45pm that we hadn't actually eaten since the night before :scared1: Anyway because of all the drama when we got to our room, AKL manager was so amazing, we ordered room service and we were not charged. They apparantly reimburse the taxi fare from the hospital too (but I didn't take that, tried not to take the free meal either, it wasn't their fault, but they insisted and just wouldn't give me a bill). I'm glad that you are given drinks now :lmao: Did Disney look after you when you had your seizure, that must have been scary and very scary for your family seeing you ill
That is wonderful about disney :thumbsup2
So glad you go treated well:goodvibes :hug:

Blooming expensive is one way of putting it :scared1::scared1: 9 hours was over $2000!! I think all they did was a CAT scan and fluids?? :confused3 Thank the lord for travel insurance!!!:rotfl2:
But yes a LOVELY hospital. And the paramedics (all 3 buses that arrived) were lovely too. :goodvibes
My mum must have sounded hysterical :lmao:
The bizarre part of a seizure like this is I felt nothing at the time...I have no recollection of convulsing...but my legs and arms were aching as if I had gone running. :confused:
We were staying offsite so no disney involvement. But the manager of the comfort suites was wonderful. (If you want a motel off site this is the place to stay.) We had to (well the family had to ;) ) send faxes and make calls ALL international back and forth to the travel insurance and we weren't charged a penny. :thumbsup2 :goodvibes
The front desk gets notified when a 911 call is made so the night manager was there somewhere too. I don't remember much. I kept slumping back to sleep. The paramedic did a BP check as I was lying down then got me to sit up and stand up...and it dropped (as did I)! :rolleyes1 But I remember looking across the way and seeing 3 ambulances with flashing lights :lmao:

So kids....DRINK LOTS OF WATER!!!!!
(and make sure you have you nice knickers and PJs on when you go to bed :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: )

aussietravellers - we will be travelling with a peanut allergy too (epipen and antihistamines - have you had any problems in the US? It scares the bejesus out of me when I look at menus and see peanut butter and jelly sandwiches on the kids stuff all the time - the risk of cross contamination is surely high?? Any advice??

Sorry to get OT... Im going in may 2011 for the first time and have started planning - in fact my 7 year old just asked last night why is mum always on America stuff - like everyday :rotfl2: bit obsessed he thinks I am (hes probably right) but hey best to be prepared isnt it????? Learning lots from you lovely ladies!!!! Keep the good info and tips coming...

What are the DVDs you are talking about ??? Is there any other info I can order?? Is the touring plan a worthwhile purchase??

On my last trip, I ditched the toothpaste and brushes from my carry-on toiletries. I got us some of those Colgate WISP brushes. Use and dispose.
Dental Floss is another must take in my pack.
Heaps of ZipLock bags and wipes...
And a couple of pens.

What are the DVDs you are talking about ??? Is there any other info I can order?? Is the touring plan a worthwhile purchase??
This is the dvds
http://www.amazon.com/Disney-Parks-...ef=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1281097179&sr=8-2

The Unofficial Guide to WDW is a worthwhile purchase I believe for a first timer. It isn't cheap...but it is good information.

You could even check the local library for one. Things have been changing quite a bit over the past years but even one from the last few years will give you an idea and still be helpful

Wow what a list Ms. Shuttergirl well done.
We do not have any Children travelling with us so I pack very little and we mostly stay in Anaheim, have not really ventured out to other states as yet. So here is our list,

Deodorant
2 pairs of jeans
2 t shirts
1 good shirt
underwear
2 jumpers
2 pairs of socks
toothbrush
tooth paste
comb
power board with adaptor
chargers
2 camera batteries
4 sd cards

food

4 large blocks of chocolate
1 large can of milo

carry on bag I have

camera
phone
Ipod
book to read
sat nav
all docs
print out to review
wife take travel pillow
wipes
Small block of chocolate and chips

and a suitcase inside suitcase

I do not take a video camera anymore because we never watch the video,
and if I need to video anything I use the camera movie mode anyway.

I buy 5 pair denim shorts cost US$15 5 T shirts US$10 and under, underwear and socks from Marshalls
Wife likes to buy jeans t shirts dresses underwear swimwear and last time we got queen size sheets for US$20 all from Marshalls. I suppose we spent about US$400 and walk out with a pile of stuff.

And at the Disney Warehouse we spent about US$250 with our AMS discount card.
And a few things from the theme parks we go to as well and a few things for family as well.

Spent most of the day today doing car rental transfers and other theme park tickets what a buzz.

This is the dvds
http://www.amazon.com/Disney-Parks-...ef=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1281097179&sr=8-2

The Unofficial Guide to WDW is a worthwhile purchase I believe for a first timer. It isn't cheap...but it is good information.

You could even check the local library for one. Things have been changing quite a bit over the past years but even one from the last few years will give you an idea and still be helpful

Thanks for the heads up on this, I think I may just get one :thumbsup2

aussietravellers - we will be travelling with a peanut allergy too (epipen and antihistamines - have you had any problems in the US? It scares the bejesus out of me when I look at menus and see peanut butter and jelly sandwiches on the kids stuff all the time - the risk of cross contamination is surely high?? Any advice??

Sorry to get OT... Im going in may 2011 for the first time and have started planning - in fact my 7 year old just asked last night why is mum always on America stuff - like everyday :rotfl2: bit obsessed he thinks I am (hes probably right) but hey best to be prepared isnt it????? Learning lots from you lovely ladies!!!! Keep the good info and tips coming...

I have to say that WDW is the best place I have ever travelled with my PN and TN allergies. There are a lot of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches around and but they didn't seem to bother me, I can't remember smelling them or anything. When you make an ADR, you always note the allergy and when you get to the restaurant they will ask you at check in and then when you get to the table, the chef will come out to your table. He/She will go through the menu and say what is ok and not ok to eat. If you are at a buffet they will walk around the buffet with you telling you what is safe and what is not. If there is something that is close to something with nuts they are always more than happy to make something for you, make fresh waffles or pancakes or even create a whole new dish. They are just wonderful.

All of the CS restaurants have an ingredient list. They take allergies very seriously over there. There is also an email address where you can email ( WDW.Special.Diets@disney.com )WDW closer to your trip and they will email you list of peanut/tree nut free snacks and where they are located around the parks, also other foods that are peanut/tree nut free. They will email you menu suggestions at some of the epcot restaurnats and also list of foods that are guaranteed peanut/tree nut free and which restaurants they are at.

Aside from the snacks I don't go to any specific restaurant, we just go where we like because the chefs are so good. You will really find it very very easy at WDW.

It's the airplanes that frighten me more. We don't have such a big problem here with peanuts on the plane but they serve peanuts as snacks on planes over there and as someone with an airbourne allergy this is terrifying :scared1: So we do try to fly in peanut free airlines (AA). We were put on Delta once by AA because they had cancelled flights and Delta serves peanuts, but they create a buffer zone by not serving the peanut snacks three rows in front and three rows back. Qantas does not serve peanuts, VAustralia serves peanuts in premium economy and business class but not economy. Jet Blue I do not believe serves peanuts and Southwest airlines does serve peanuts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter