Plans for the Big Game this weekend?

Nothing major - it's probably just me and my younger son. Obviously, we'll watch the game. I'll probably make some wigns (maybe pull out the smoker, since the weather will be good) and maybe some other snacks.

Loving the menu. Cheesesteaks obviously very Philly. Cheesecake and Cannoli also very big in Philly.
If the Bengals had made it through, it would have been Cincinnati chili on the menu, lol. I would have been very ok with that, as I like Burrows; I think he's one of the more talented QBs this year.

Obv if Denver had a decent coach, OL, and a QB not on the verge of collecting social security :rotfl2: (J/K....but you have to admit, Wilson did NOT come through like we had hoped), we would be having some....uh...what food is Denver known for? I mean, I've had Rocky Mountain Oysters once, and will never need to have them again. 🤮 Not a lamb fan; maybe some bison if I could find some, and green chile? I can guarantee that Coors would NOT be on the menu. 🤢

If the Bengals had made it through, it would have been Cincinnati chili on the menu, lol. I would have been very ok with that, as I like Burrows; I think he's one of the more talented QBs this year.

Obv if Denver had a decent coach, OL, and a QB not on the verge of collecting social security :rotfl2: (J/K....but you have to admit, Wilson did NOT come through like we had hoped), we would be having some....uh...what food is Denver known for? I mean, I've had Rocky Mountain Oysters once, and will never need to have them again. 🤮 Not a lamb fan; maybe some bison if I could find some, and green chile? I can guarantee that Coors would NOT be on the menu. 🤢

That's hilarious. I think under Payton, Wilson will bounce back next year. He can't be any worse. Enjoy the game, the food and especially the Not Coors drinks.

I have to admit that it took a little bit of time for me to warm up to the Eagles this year and I have been a die hard Eagles fan my entire life, as well as the Flyers. I'm a Phillies convert as I rooted for the Cardinals, but now am a die hard Phillies fan and cannot wait for the season to begin. I've lived in Philly my whole life. It took some time for me to see Jalen Hurts as a decent quarterback and not arrogant which I mistakenly thought he was.

My husband and I will head to my son's house as we normally do. I know hoagies and chicken he is grilling are on the menu. Probably his cheesesteak dip and taco dip as well. Not sure what else he plans on beyond that.

Practically every sporting goods store and T-shirt/souvenir shop in the Philly area and at the Jersey Shore boardwalks has sold this Princess Diana gear for many years. Either a stack of them pre-made or as a decal to iron on your choice of shirt.

Here is DH’s that he’s packing to bring to Arizona.

B33EDCE6-8C1E-473E-A0AD-4C62A632AC59.jpeg

I’ve been told that many neighborhood corner dive bars have a similar photo hanging on their walls.

Practically every sporting goods store and T-shirt/souvenir shop in the Philly area and at the Jersey Shore boardwalks has sold this Princess Diana gear for many years. Either a stack of them pre-made or as a decal to iron on your choice of shirt.

Here is DH’s that he’s packing to bring to Arizona.

View attachment 739015

I’ve been told that many neighborhood corner dive bars have a similar photo hanging on their walls.
Do you have tickets to the game?

What big game? (Kidding)

I am not into sports at all, so this Sunday won’t be any different than any other Sunday. No party, no guests, no game.
Same. I'm just not a football fan at all, so it'll be church, nap, then watch my beloved Toronto Raptors try to claw their way back into play-in contention. :sad2:

At that price you can't afford not to go!;)

A few years ago, my DH and I went to the Super Bowl. It was the year the lights went out during the game in New Orleans. At that time, we lived about two hours outside the city. I kept watching ticket prices going down as the game got closer. On Game Day, about 1 pm, I bought two tickets online for less than $1500 total for the pair. We drove over to New Orleans, found a place to park, picked up our tickets and enjoyed the game. I knew we had to do it, as the Super Bowl was a bucket-list item for us and I was pretty sure we'd never go any cheaper than that!

I bought two tickets online for less than $1500 total for the pair. We drove over to New Orleans, found a place to park, picked up our tickets and enjoyed the game. I knew we had to do it, as the Super Bowl was a bucket-list item for us and I was pretty sure we'd never go any cheaper than that!
I'm all for those bucket list experiences! You spent less than $1500 for an experience that you'll cherish for a lifetime.

Liked it better when the game was in the early afternoon like a regular weekend game. Now they fill up the day with pregame shows/interviews & chit-chat so the game starts more toward the evening. Being out west also makes it later for those in the east. Most need to go to work on Monday and if you have small children, the timing isn't convenient to having friends over.

A 630 KO is still two hours earlier than than normal SNF. Of course, add extended time for halftime, and game will probably wrap around 11p ET.

I think thats "normal". I remember going to a SB party in the 90s, had to be at work at 1am and ended up missing the end of the game.

None, my son is going to hang out with friends, and a couple of them are Chiefs fans. I might watch some of it for the commercials. I have already re-watched highlights from the greatest superbowl ever, XLIV in 2010. Who dat!

Last edited:
We're having BBQ sandwiches (making) & Philly Cheese Steak Egg Rolls (takeout). I'm trying to come up with a dessert that represents one of the cities that we can buy. I definitely don't want to make one. Other than that, I'm drawing a blank. Any suggestions for sides to serve with the mains?

Liked it better when the game was in the early afternoon like a regular weekend game. Now they fill up the day with pregame shows/interviews & chit-chat so the game starts more toward the evening. Being out west also makes it later for those in the east. Most need to go to work on Monday and if you have small children, the timing isn't convenient to having friends over.
I have never understood why they schedule Sunday sports events that begin late in the day. It would seem like a Saturday event would be better, not only for the people watching from home who have to work on Monday, but also for the people traveling to watch in person, who could fly in late Friday/early Saturday and then go home Sunday and be rested to work Monday. It especially makes sense when the event begins at 6:00 pm or later and is held on the west coast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter