• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Plans have been filed for DVC expansion at Caribbean Beach Resort

Just cause I am curious, did you send the email exactly as it was written or did you tweak it a little?
Tweaked some parts like my name and near the end when it gave hours to call I said you could call me anytime, but other than that the request was the same and verbatim. Unfortunately I can't compensate you because I'm not getting those cards till I check in

Tweaked some parts like my name and near the end when it gave hours to call I said you could call me anytime, but other than that the request was the same and verbatim. Unfortunately I can't compensate you because I'm not getting those cards till I check in

I wasn't really expecting compensation. I was just wondering if those types of letters are still getting a positive response.

View attachment 223100

Yeah I saw an official post from a Disney that you will get a $75 gift card per night and if you were presiously told you will get $25 then you will be upped to $75

I mean, if there was ever ANY evidence that they openly acknowledged their own failure in customer service to compensate guests for their missteps ... THIS ... this ... HAS to be IT.

Caps for emphasis, because it needed it :)

I still think it's overpriced...but this is what I plead about being "good consumers"...they floated it, people complained, and they buckled.

When a park hasn't had a significant updgrade in 10+ years and they increased the price $55 in that time...don't go as much...or at all. And let the iPad crew know about it.

They have no desire to give you a damn cent back...you must fight an economic war and stay vigilant.

I still think it's overpriced...but this is what I plead about being "good consumers"...they floated it, people complained, and they buckled.

When a park hasn't had a significant updgrade in 10+ years and they increased the price $55 in that time...don't go as much...or at all. And let the iPad crew know about it.

They have no desire to give you a damn cent back...you must fight an economic war and stay vigilant.

You know, I do a lot of work in the labour movement, and let me tell you, you are touching on the inherent conflict, paradox, that we often deal with.

In wdw terms, you want to go to enjoy what you can, WHILE you can. But that just feeds into them increasing prices or decreasing service more.

Simultaneously you are worried about the fact that others will continue to go regardless (almost a tragedy of the commons scenario), and your individual hold out will do nothing, except make you miss out.

So how do you organize a sufficient element of the guests to reject the current motions by the employer ... er ... WDW ... to force a concession or concession by wdw ?

extremely difficult, more so than the labour movement, more so than most situations.

The reality here might be that WDW will push it til they break it ... they will do it to themselves. Will they be able to recover ... that's harder to say.

You know, I do a lot of work in the labour movement, and let me tell you, you are touching on the inherent conflict, paradox, that we often deal with.

In wdw terms, you want to go to enjoy what you can, WHILE you can. But that just feeds into them increasing prices or decreasing service more.

Simultaneously you are worried about the fact that others will continue to go regardless (almost a tragedy of the commons scenario), and your individual hold out will do nothing, except make you miss out.

You how do you organize a sufficient element of the guests to reject the current motions by the employer ... er ... WDW ... to force a concession or concession by wdw ?

extremely difficult, more so than the labour movement, more so than most situations.

The reality here might be that WDW will push it til they break it ... they will do it to themselves. Will they be able to recover ... that's harder to say.

I 100% agree with you...every word.

The reality is the consumer lost his chance...

2001-2004 they were down, and as always Disney practiced restraint in their pricing to ride out the storm...

The picket line broke from 2009-2012 during the housing crash. When they cranked the prices and people fell for the stupid discounts...

All chances ended there when they were allowed to offer minimal damage control that is amplified ridiculously during good periods.

You see it still today...as the 24/7 free dining watch command center has opened back up for business...I mean...it's probably $1000-2000 average more a week than when it started...but who cares?!?! It's free!!!!!!!

What a world!!!

To those of you who originally got 75 off per night: is that still happening for you or did it get replaced by this? I'm only asking out of curiosity and not for pity/missing out sakes. Personally I'm happy that it's a gift card, because honestly I spend in the parks

img_4027-png.223100
Omg, you have 92000, NINETY TWO THOUSAND EMAILS, and yet, you were able to find this ONE?

I have to say $75 back per night seems like fair compensation for what is missing (essentially food and shopping options). That's roughly a 25-40% discount, depending on when you are going.

Fully agree (other than for the specific individual that might have a unique situation where it isn't about the money but the setup negatively impacting the trip)

Funny thing is that I bet if Disney initially came out and proactively offered like a $25 gift card and some bonus fast passes they could have garnered an initial positive reaction rather than having to do damage control with the $75 level

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter