Plantar Fascitis Shoe Suggestions?

I had this for years (just in the right foot) without any idea of what was causing the shooting pain in my heel. I had hopped around the house on my right foot when I had a cast on the left one instead of using the crutches (not the brightest thing to do - especially at my weight!). I thought I had really messed up my right foot.

I started wearing Sketchers shape-ups just for the extra cushioning built into the shoe and dealt with the pain for years. When I realized it wasn't going away on it's own, I figured out what it was and some of the treatments for it. I was going to try some splints, when a co-worker mentioned something she was told (and it worked for her).

When you walk, concentrate on putting the pressure more towards the outside edge of your feet, and make sure your steps are from heel to toe. When I first started - it hurt, and it made me realize I had been walking more towards the inside edge of my foot. I was also compensating for the pain by not placing my step properly - avoiding any pressure on the heel.

I also changed to Sketcher Work shoes (more like a normal tennis shoe, but still has some cushioning) as the shape-ups were to hard to walk like that for me! I felt like I was going to twist my ankles!

I tried this for a few weeks and the pain went away. It is possible that this just got my feet stretched as I walked, or the shoes made the difference - but it worked for me.
If you haven't already done so, you may want to have someone check how you are walking.

Since I never discussed this with any medical professional, please don't take what worked for me as the only solution. Just reading through this thread makes me realize I probably got off with a mild case.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter