Play time in the nursery?

jfeasel

Mouseketeer
My sister has a 9 month old boy and was wondering if there is a play area for infants that she can do with him while on the ship. I thought I read that there is time in the nursery where the parents can go in with the infant and play but I can't find that information. I'm I mistaken? Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Julie

I don’t believe the nursery has “open house” times other than the first afternoon when parents can check out the space. The Club/Lab have open house each day, but no space design for young babies. I think there may be a toddler playtime offering; depending on development that may be an option.

Enjoy your cruise!

When our DD was young , they had a time called out in the navigator where infants could play with toys and other infants and it was out in front of the enchanted garden restaurant on the Dream. There was a cast member that would come and she would bring lots of things for the kids to play with.

There is a great space on the Wonder next to the Promenade lounge that is enclosed with a sliding gate but only a half wall so adults can still hear and see what is going on in the lounge. The toys there were very minimal and basic but did change out frequently. It is stocked with soft large bolsters for babies/toddlers to climb on.Our one year old granddaughters loved it and even on a cruise packed with little ones there was rarely anyone else there. Open 24 hours a day if you need a place to let them burn off energy while others are sleeping in the cabin. PS they are allowed in Oceaneers during open house and our girls loved it in there.

I’ve cruised with littles in the last few years and our experience has been that there is no open house in the nursery beyond the first afternoon. Open house in the other areas is an option.

Toddler Time and play area is offered, locations vary depending on the ship. Our challenge is that the times offered rarely worked with our schedule. When we were on the Wonder the area was always available but the extra toys only out during scheduled times. On the Dream we only found the area to be available during scheduled times - which seemed to always coincide with afternoon nap.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter