Please Advise on Member Services Problem

stlrod

DIS Veteran
I am a new member at HH and had booked HH over Easter using cash for Friday and Saurday. I was quoted $240 a night (which I thought was low due to Travelocity showing a $405 rate.) I then re-wrote the contract with the new $13 MB. I am set to close in a week and just got in the mail today new reservation confirmation letters w/ new reservation numbers, presumably as a result of the re-write. I noticed the daily rate was increased to $405. I pulled out the old confirmation and noticed that although it stated a rate of $240, the unit was only for Saturday night, leaving me with nothing on Friday. I'm really quite angry about this because I just lost most of the money I made up for the increased MB. Any suggestions?

I expect that the resort will honor the lower rate on your original confirmation.

As for the missing Fri night, you will certainly have to discuss that with MS. There must have been some misunderstanding about the dates you wanted. If the Fri nite was NOT included on the original confirmation, you may not get the same rate for that night.

Good Luck!

Call your guide and point out the discrepancies. I would anticipate they will get it correct. Hold their feet to the fire and call off the deal. I saw a HH contract for 150 points and OKW for over 200 at $55 per point just last week, both from the same person.

One other point is that this is not a Member Services problem, this is a sales issue. MS does not get involved in sales at all and will not give out info regarding such. I guess it's a pet peeve of mine but I've seen a number of posts lately assuming MS was all of DVC and blaming them for various issues they have nothing to do with. How would you feel if you worked for MS and you read this board with several complaints about MS when none of them had to do with MS at all. One person complained that MS would not tell them about the MB program, this post is mislabeled related to MB and there was a least one other recently.

MS also does not do billing for dues, deed recordings or the like. They can however get you started in the right direction on some of these areas.

If the reservation was made thru your vacation guide, then Dean is correct...it is a sales issue and you should insist on having your guide straighten it out for you.

However, if you made the reservation thru MS (and especially if you have a confirmation with the room rate) and now recieved a new rate (again from MS) then this is a MS issue and you should allow them to correct the confusion.

Good Luck!

Thanks for your help. Everything worked out just fine. I called MS Monday morning and explained the situation. The rep immediately said she was going to talk with a supervisor and put me on hold for about 10 minutes. She came back on and said they were trying to work it out and would call me. An hour later, she called back and said I had originally been given the wrong rate, but it was thier mistake and they were going to honor it and send me a new confirmation. All's well that ends well.

stlrod....

Thanks for providing the follow up information.

It's always nice to hear people acknowledge the efforts of MS to "set things right". Too often people don't take the time to report the "good" stories.

HH sounds like a great place to hang out over Easter....have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter