Please help, Hotels? for Sea world and Magic mountain

Soon2beMarried

Earning My Ears
We are leaving on Feb to go to LA for a couple of days to go to Magic Mountain and then going down to San Diego for a couple more days to go to Sea world. We will be in Cali for a total of one week, We are looking for nice, hotels that are in a safe area, mostly the one in LA cuase i herd its in a bad area. But does anyone know where we can stay at where we can find this

In LA near Magic mountian
3 Star or better
Clean, and nice and safe
Under 100 a night

In San deigo, Looking for something on the beach with its own little beach, but still near Sea world, and under 100 a night as well,

Any help or personal experinces whould be helpful , thanks again, By the way no kids, Just me and my wife, thanks again

You'll be happy with pretty much any of the hotels close to Magic Mountain. MM is in the suburbs of L.A. county, a very nice area (I live here! LOL). If I were you, I'd stay at the Hyatt Valencia. Nice little hotel. Right across the street from the mall, Target, and tons of chain restaurants (Olive Garden, Black Angus, BJ, Mimis, Buca, Elephant Bar, Islands.......plus some nicer wineries and such...and tons more). Literally you can walk to all those things. It's about a mile from Magic Mountain, just off Magic Mountian parkway. I know in the past people have gotten great deals through Priceline (check biddingfortravel).

Other hotels for MM. There are a few right next to MM. I personally would choose either the Hyatt or the Stevenson Ranch hotels. The ones right at MM are perfectly nice (and some new) but they are kind of isolated. Limited food choices (Wendys and maybe 4 sit downs) and a gas station are the only other things there. If you go up to Stevenson Ranch you'll be in a busier area area. Lots of hotels and lots of choices to eat and shop if you need to. Not as nice an area as the Hyatt, and not as nice of hotels. Mostly average chains. A brand new LaQuinta (that either just opened or is about to), Comfort Suites, Residence and Fairfield Inn. There's a Walmart, Claim Jumper, Old Navy, Chilis. Plenty of stuff going on there, but if it's in the budget I'd go Hyatt anyday.

No real help for SD. We usually stay at the Hyatt LaJolla which is a couple of miles from the beach....but even that is $100+ a night. I'm not sure you'll be able to meet your 3* on the beach for less then $100.

I thought I had read that Magic Mountain would no longer be open in February? Maybe this has changed.

For San Diego, take a look at the Dana Inn, I've heard it was just renovated.
www.danainn.com

No. That's incorrect. There is SPECULATION that at SOME POINT MM will be sold and it is POSSIBLE that the new owner would choose to close the park and use the land for housing since the land is worth quite a bit. All speculation though. The only fact is that Six Flags is having financial troubles and MMs land is their cash cow and they are looking at possibly...for the right price...letting it go.

I suppose they would make a big announcement well in advance of their "closing" date, because it would double or triple their attendance before closing.

For Magic Mountain, my inlaws stayed at the Hilton just off the Magic MOuntain Parkway, and were very happy with the service and the rooms. It was a quick on/off from the interstate, and right seconds from the park. The desk folks were very friendly, accepted a package for my MIL which arrived after check-out, and called us when it arrived. (which was some medical stuff she had forgotten and had to have overnighted)

As for closing, they are selling2007 season passes, so I don't think its immediate.

We used Priceline.com to bid on a hotel in Del Mar which is 1/2 way between San Diego and Carlsbad (Legoland). We got it for $55 per night this coming weekend (around $65 with taxes and fees). This is for DoubleTree Hotel in Del Mar. But we used the same hotel last September, but at the time, we were only able to get the same hotel for $70 via Priceline.

Magic Mountain is in a VERY SAFE area. You will laugh that you ever thought it was dangerous when you see it (think Steven Speilberg type of suburbia like in E.T.).

Stay somewhere in the Mission Bay area for SeaWorld. There are a bunch of nice hotels in the area. Sea World is in Mission Bay so it is the easiest place to stay (plus it is nice).

Magic Mountain is in a VERY SAFE area. You will laugh that you ever thought it was dangerous when you see it (think Steven Speilberg type of suburbia like in E.T.).

Ahhh. Good point! I've actually read that Tim Burton used Valencia (where MM is) as insperation for the suburbs in alot of his movies. The misunderstood character living up on the hill (CalArts....Burtons alma mater, is up on a hill in Valencia overlooking tract homes) and the cookie cutter suburbia down below.

danainn.com or bayclubhotel.com in San Diego.

For Magic Mountain, don't book anything that you can't cancel, as February can be very rainy, and they have had days lately when they've closed due to wind and snow.

I just booked the Best Western Island Palms hotel for $99 each night using the entertainment card. It is on Shelter Island with a marina view.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter