Please help my wife pack for Tuscay in September!!

Very good advice, thanks bavaria. I for one cannot afford to change my wardrobe 'to blend in' so I'll be wearing my American clothes and avoiding eye contact will be essential.

This whole 'spotting' the culture thing is true though. :3dglasses I know when we're at Disney World it's quite easy to differentiate cultures based on style of clothing. It's become a game with us. Not in a sneering way but just to see if we can globally place someone by their attire.

We live in Orlando and part of the fun is picking out the tourists and their funky clothes. I guess it's our turn now to be picked out and made fun of!!! What comes around goes around!

Based on the 'tunic' question, I watched women all morning for this thread. ;) I realized that the question was most likely in regards to the type of knit shirt with gathers at the neckline or other neckline which then flows away from the body? (I thought at first woven tunics like those found in Asia) Yes, the knit ones are still popular here, as are cap sleeves, gathered or pleated necklines, scoop necklines, etc.

Yes, I think we're thinking of the same type of shirt. I found a couple of pictures online for examples of what I'm thinking of:

br588262-04p01v01.jpg
05690_StitchCraftPrint_Ch_med.jpg

Thanks for checking on it for me! :)

You will be fine... when I go to India for instance, I don't wear a sari or other local dress. I do however choose my clothing carefully to reflect and respect the local customs. It sounds similar here - those of you are asking are asking because you don't want to disrepect the culture, I think. :)

We know that you are not local; I am certainly not taken for an Italian when in Italy, for instance, and am certainly not taken for an Indian when in India. Just follow the customs and you should be absolutely fine.

Happy travels!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter