Please help us eliminate a restaurant!

Which restaurant would you KEEP?

• LeCellier

• Ohana

Results are only viewable after voting.

cd&kids

DIS Veteran
It's probably the number one most agonizing decision for all of us long-time planners...squeezing in restaurants into our limited stay!
One restaurant has to go....and it's down to these two...neither of which we have tried...both of which we really WANT to try, but can't!
We are a mom, dad, three kids 14-to-6.
Please tell us which one you would KEEP. Thank you!!

My vote went to Le Cellier. As you stated it is a very difficult decision and I have to say that having tried both restaurants and enjoyed meals in both of them. Cheese Soup is the one thing that would sway me towards LC.

Good Luck in making your decision.

I voted Le Cellier. Personally, I just didn't care for Ohana at all and my DW & I tried it a few times. However, we loved Le Cellier. I am a fan of their lesser known beef barley soup. YUM!

I voted for Le Cellier. I was very disappointed with O'Hana's dinner. However, the Character Breakfast is really enjoyable, and repeatable. Since you included Le Cellier, I assumed it was not for Breakfast.

Oops--voted wrong. Sorry!

I read the title "Please help us eliminate a restaurant!" and then voted Ohana. Guess I should've followed directions. :)

The Cheese soup at Le Cellier sounds wonderful, and after reading a description of the restaurant's interior I made a PS there just yesterday for OCT.

Ok, the thread said "eliminate a restaurant" and then the poll says" which to keep" so I voted wrong.

Le Cellier was the MOST disappointing meal of our entire trip. We will never go back. The cheese soup...I am sorry, not enough to get worked up over. The food, passable at best. I don't know what people get so excited about with this. Service...decent but not outstanding.

We have better steaks here at Timber Lodge Steakhouse and better atmosphere.

We have never been disappointed in 'Ohana. Never. Excellent value for the food you get. The entertainment was entertaining. This is one of those places we never miss on a trip. The food...YUM! Wishing I could eat there today. Service...fantastic. You have two people taking care of your table, each doing different duties. They are so helpful, friendly, making you feel that they are happy to serve you. Corny I know, but this place definitely has the magic.

Go to 'Ohana. You won't be sorry.

I voted to keep 'Ohana...but I might be partial. :)

We usually run into the same dilemna...more restaurants than days/nites to eat there. A good tip is to check out the menus...usually helps us decide.

Good luck & have a great vacation! :)

We loved, loved, loved 'Ohana. I think your kids will like it too- esp if they are even a little bit adventurous in their eating habits. They will for sure love the hula hoop contest and the coconut rolling; we were awe-struck at our view of the castle and fireworks. And we stuffed ourselves silly with the food- we were a party of seven, ages 20 months to 63 and we all agreed it was our favorite meal of the trip. I remember the pork being a little dry, but the steak, shrimp and wontons more than made up for it. Yummmmm.

Well, I voted to keep 'Ohanas. Le Cellier is nice, I've eaten there several times...but ultimately it's still a steak house and I can get steak at any number of good restaurants if that's what I want.

'Ohanas is a little different - interesting starters, great skewers of food and Pineapple with caramel that is just delish for dessert! My only comment would be that it really is a meat-feast place...so if anyone in your party isn't a big fan, then Le Cellier probably offers a better choice of alternatives.

Sorry I voted wrong too. I didn't read the question right. I vote for LeCellier. The cheese soup is so yummy!! We were very dissapointed in Ohana and won't go there again.

I've only eaten once at Ohanas....the meat was a little dry. We enjoyed to resort, and the experience overall, by I'd enjoy Epcot even more, and we've returned many times to Le Cellier, as satisfied diners.

...okay. And I'm Canadian. There cheers for Canada, eh?

We tried both of these for the first time in June so if I had to choose only one it would be 'Ohana. Le Cellier was good but we had a blast at 'Ohana. Your kids will love the coconut races and hula hoop contest. IMHO, Le Cellier is a good choice if you want a nice, quiet dinner and 'Ohana is a good choice if you want to eat some yummy food and have a lot of fun. Good luck on your decision!

I love both restaurants....but voted for you to keep Ohana. I think its a better family setting....your youngest child will like the kids activities and they have nice comfortable large tables for bigger families. Plus, if you time your reservation right and request a window table you can get a great view of the MK fireworks.

I love Le Cellier too....but if I had to choose in your situation, I'd keep Ohana.

My vote went to Ohana! We had a blast, not to mention the kids did as well (2yr and 5yr) :D The games and fireworks kept us entertained and the food and service was outstanding. Unfortunetly we to had a bad experience at Le Cellier :( . Food was good however we must have caught them on a bad night. Service was terrible, so bad the manager offered to give us free apps and drinks during our next visit. We won't go back, too many other options at Epcot we'd like to experience in future visits. However we will make it a point to return to Ohana!

Excellent food and the atmosphere IMHO is great looking out at Bay lake and seeing MK and the Poly Resort atmosphere all around. Great family fun as well (LeCellier is little on the stuffy side). The wait staff at Ohana are always smiling and fun.

How are the desserts at Ohana? Are they served family-style, all-you-can-eat also...or seprate charges/dishes?

There is only one dessert that comes as part of the 'package' - it is the fresh pineapple with the warm caramel dip....you get plate with a quarter of pineapple still in it skin, but sliced into pieces, so you stab a bit and dip it in the warm caramel...it's all you can eat if you've any room ;)

This is just delicious - worth saving a little room for. I've never been tempted to order any other dessert, but they do have them - at an extra charge though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter