PMS in a Handbasket--Don't be afraid, just bring us food... Part 19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning :wave2: Checking in from New York! I have decided that Pennsylvania is the state of perpetual construction from hell! Our favorite was the construction zones that weren't. Traffic slowed to a stop for miles, orange signs, threats of lane closures, and then NOTHING. :headache: :furious:

But we are here and it is beautiful. We left 103 degree weather and it is in the 70's. Not sure we will make it to the water park :rotfl2: Definitely remebering why we love our friends.

And today is my 17th wedding anniversary and DH is taking me out to dinner tonight while our friends babysit. I didn't get him anything, not even a card. He had a card waiting for me when I woke up. And got me my laptop. I feel like such a heel.:rolleyes: Can't even take him bowling or to Home Depot cause I can't do that at a friend's house:eek:

Talk to you all later!

I'm hanging in there! It's been 12 days since DH left for Iraq and I'm surviving. It helps that he sounds so happy on the phone because he's finally doing something he enjoys.

:hug: Sometimes surviving is the best you can do. I can't imagine going through that.

Congrats on your anniversary, Scrappy. And your friends would never know about a quiet trip to Home Depot. :rolleyes1

Our anniv is Wednesday and we're going out to dinner.

I should be out buying back to school supplies, but this med is making me sleepy again (no great surprise). Maybe I'll go if I can get my DH to go, too. Then I can go to the van and sleep if I need to.

We're going to a BBQ tonight and I need to buy/make a dessert to bring.

Thanks. :goodvibes :hug:

And today is my 17th wedding anniversary and DH is taking me out to dinner tonight while our friends babysit. I didn't get him anything, not even a card. He had a card waiting for me when I woke up. And got me my laptop. I feel like such a heel.:rolleyes: Can't even take him bowling or to Home Depot cause I can't do that at a friend's house:eek:

Happy Anniversary Scrappy! Enjoy your day, and sneak him out to do something special - your friends would understand.

:hug: Sometimes surviving is the best you can do. I can't imagine going through that.

Thanks, Tig. :hug:

:wave:

I'd tell you about my dream with Tig but its too risque for these boards. Oh...wait, silly me, that wasn't a dream! :rolleyes1

Happy Anniversary to all those coming up!

So it's a beautiful day here. I went early this morning to get the crack in my windsheild fixed (rock...truck...70mph on the Beltway).

Then I picked up bagels from the #1 bagel shop in the area (voted #1 by the Washintonian Magazine...even though it's in Annapolis) and took them home for fresh bagels for breakfast...YUMMY!

Then we took the kids to Quiet Waters Park. They have a great playground and the kids played and played. Driving home, I realized that I live in one of the most beautiful places in America (I was crossing the Navel Academy bridge at the time, going over the Severn River as the sun sparkled in the water and the sailboats sailed past the Academy...gorgeous). I had a moment there where I had my husband and beautiful children in the car on a beautiful day in a beautiful town and I realized that I am blessed.

Anyway, enough of the mushy stuff. Panties!....ok, now I'm back to normal.

I'm hanging in there! It's been 12 days since DH left for Iraq and I'm surviving. It helps that he sounds so happy on the phone because he's finally doing something he enjoys.
How long does he think he'll be over there?
We found out a couple weeks ago that our nephew is on the USS Nimitz. They are headed over to Hong Kong right now. Haven't heard if he'll be going over to the Gulf or not.

Hello All! I'm cleaning and waiting for the cable guy.

4's :hug:. it's hard watching your parents get old. Hell, it's hard getting old.

Paige, maybe you have asthma?

Nutty :hug: :hug: I hope he's home again soon. I'll be keeping him in my prayers.

Scrappy! Happy anniversary!! :dance3:

Happy Anniversary LTS! Except for the non and real road construction, sounds like you are having a good time!

Sounds like you are having a good family bonding time, Lara!

Tig, maybe you and I could go out shopping together. I need to get moving on back to school stuff.

WHOA, WHOA, WHOA.............I can NOT be allergic to cats. That just will not cut it. No way, no how. Nope. Uh uh. No. Okay, time for a dr. visit. We must put this to bed now. I simply won't have it. No. I think you are right My Teva, and Tig has said the same. Asthma it must be. Not kitties. Paige loves kitties.

Well, some school supplies picked up, Thing 1 suckered his dad into one more outfit at 75 percent off, Thing 2 got two shorts exchanged for two others.........for some reason, the hook and eyes he can do, he still can't button, child is motor delayed for those of you that didn't know that, and at age 5 I am buying 10 huskies WOW.............he really doesn't look that big..............Thing 2 got his shoes, easy to put on big velcro strap that doesn't have to be threaded, and a belt. I will have to do some intensive belt training, but he may end up going to K needing help with his belt. It is required, unfortunately. And I couldn't find anything easy for him to fasten. I'll work on it.

We went out for Mexican food and I got a huge 12 year old hug when I corrected the seater's "2 adults and 2 children?" with "No, 3 adults and 1 child". I had a Peach Margarita and I'm feeling pretty good. :teeth:

So my daughter decided that she didn't think anyone should nap and caused major drama in the house during nap...She's in punishment until she's 18.

Paige, I developed both Asthma and a cat allergy as an adult :hug:

Nutty, that must be so hard to have DH so far away :hug:

Tig, How about Lime Yogart Pie for desert...I have a yum yummy recipe. I think I need to make some for myself tomorrow. (no one else in the house likes tart things)

So I'm grumpy now, but will continue with my day.

Lime Yogurt Pie, yes I think I'll have some. Thank you Koolaid.

Now turn that frown upside down!!!!!!!!!! :hug:

I'd tell you about my dream with Tig but its too risque for these boards. Oh...wait, silly me, that wasn't a dream! :rolleyes1
And I thought it was our little secret... :woohoo:

Tig, How about Lime Yogart Pie for desert...I have a yum yummy recipe. I think I need to make some for myself tomorrow. (no one else in the house likes tart things)
That sounds good. My DH is going to pick up something at the grocery store, but I'd like the recipe, anyway.

I went back to sleep after my other post and slept until a few minutes ago. And I'd like to go back to sleep. My DH told me NOT to continue with the increased dose of that one med--something about me not being able to sleep all day. :rotfl:

No I am not caught up yet.
I will say this, the kid knows how to bargain shop!! Our budget today was $200.00 and $100.00 for Marshals creek tomorrow.
First of all she moved up to a size 1. Still hard to find but alot easier then double zeros.
She got 4 pairs of jeans, 9 t shirts, 4 camis, 3 over tops and 2 unmentionables, all at Rave, Wet Seal and Aeropostale. $190.00. Savings of $165.00!
Very proud of her :woohoo:

ETA: since she just corrected me, add to that a pair of capri sweats for gym and a really cute skirt!

Hi Snowy :wave2:

Angel, you're raising her right! :thumbsup2 My boys loved finding cheap clothes when we were shopping on this trip.

I should go shower so I'm ready to go out this evening. I'm still sleepy, but am trying to stay awake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter