Poll: What would you replace Hall of Presidents with?

What would you replace Hall of Presidents with?

• Muppets Great Moments in History

Votes: 82 23.1%
  • Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln

Votes: 18 5.1%
  • A shorter version of Hamilton

Votes: 36 10.1%
  • Nothing - keep HoP as it is

Votes: 147 41.4%
  • Keep HoP but make some changes

Votes: 51 14.4%
  • Something else

Votes: 21 5.9%

• Total voters
OT but I really love the town of Sleepy Hollow, and that area in general. Such a quaint little town. And they really get decked out for the Halloween season. I didn’t realize it was Hudson Valley that HM was loosely based on, the building anyway. I thought it was more upstate. That’s cool since that’s my home, no wonder I have such an attachment to the ride.

I live in that general area so know it pretty well. I think the HM is based on something further north on the Hudson River than where Sleepy Hallow is which is pretty south on the river

Okay but does the title "Hall of Presidents" make anyone else think of the episode of Frasier with the "Hall of Thinkers" and the Frasier Crane Humongous "butt" contest?

Because that little diddy has been bouncing around my head all afternoon now.

I’m not running to see HOP but I enjoy the show. It’s informative and educational (and is always noted as an activity on the school’s educational trip absence form). The lobby is themed which is nice since most kids never step foot in a governmental office.

I’d keep the Hall of Presidents, but I would add more variation to it. Maybe have three different versions, each of which emphasize different Presidents. Try to balance the show between Republicans and Democrats. Maybe Lincoln would speak in all of them, but different speeches in each. I’d introduce the Presidents earlier, and then a handful would make short remarks about events while they were President. The current President’s role would be shortened.

OT but I really love the town of Sleepy Hollow, and that area in general. Such a quaint little town. And they really get decked out for the Halloween season. I didn’t realize it was Hudson Valley that HM was loosely based on, the building anyway. I thought it was more upstate. That’s cool since that’s my home, no wonder I have such an attachment to the ride.
I read somewhere that the HM in Orlando was based on the Harry Packer Mansion in Jim Thorpe, PA. 77785F59-0E20-46A9-B41D-7FE23D9999CA.jpeg

I’d keep the Hall of Presidents, but I would add more variation to it. Maybe have three different versions, each of which emphasize different Presidents. Try to balance the show between Republicans and Democrats. Maybe Lincoln would speak in all of them, but different speeches in each. I’d introduce the Presidents earlier, and then a handful would make short remarks about events while they were President. The current President’s role would be shortened.

They can do all that at American Adventure. Why do we need educational stuff at the MK?

Keep it, but make some changes. Let only Lincoln or a few of the otehr truly great presidents speak. Shorten the show just a bit. Tha'ts my preference anyway.

The idea of a shortened version of Hamilton is interesting, but I'm not sure how on earth that show could be condensed into 20-30 minutes. It is a complex story line and most Americans have very little history knowledge and MK appeals to many foreign people that also wouldn't be familiar with the story.

So, I'll vote for Muppets. I love them!

The idea of a shortened version of Hamilton is interesting, but I'm not sure how on earth that show could be condensed into 20-30 minutes. It is a complex story line and most Americans have very little history knowledge and MK appeals to many foreign people that also wouldn't be familiar with the story.

So, I'll vote for Muppets. I love them!

I was thinking about the Hamilton thing and they could do the highlights. Alexander Hamilton, My Shot, Battle of Yorktown, One Last Time.

Keeping it separate would create division amongst guests, imo and could create issues. Guests seeing other guests walk into a theater of an opposing political stance, and then crossing paths later in the day might cause issues. Not saying it certainly will, but why take that risk?. It’s a lot of the issues we as a country have right now. We’re not one nation, we’re split between our political affiliations. Keeping us separate, even in a Disney park, from one another isn’t a way to solve these issues. At the end of the day, it’s a show at a theme park. It shouldn’t be this serious.

Keep it as is (of course bringing in each new President). The Presidents — good and bad, past and present — are part of our history. The attraction isn’t a celebration of the political parties or causes of each President but rather the democratic ideals that the institution of the Presidency has upheld. A lot of fans don’t realize that there’s almost as much Walt in that attraction as there is in CoP, and while I’m certainly not one of those Walt diehards, I admire that he saw a place in his park for that message and sentiment. Much like the rest of the park (especially attractions built by and “inspired” by Walt), the themes of the attraction are really rooted in optimism, and honestly, I think we need that now more than ever.

Also, any attempt at minimizing a particular incoming President (whenever that occurred, not saying just this particular time) would likely be viewed as a political decision by that president’s supporters and be subject to backlash. In many ways, they’re in a bind where they don’t have an easy way out (unless I suppose they tried to change it two years into a new administration after they had already premiered that administration’s new figure but they would’ve then wasted a lot or money on a new AA that they only used for a couple months).

Ultimately, I don’t have to like the “main” speaker to appreciate the celebration of the institution.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter