Poll: What would you replace Hall of Presidents with?

What would you replace Hall of Presidents with?

• Muppets Great Moments in History

Votes: 82 23.1%
  • Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln

Votes: 18 5.1%
  • A shorter version of Hamilton

Votes: 36 10.1%
  • Nothing - keep HoP as it is

Votes: 147 41.4%
  • Keep HoP but make some changes

Votes: 51 14.4%
  • Something else

Votes: 21 5.9%

• Total voters

ofcabbagesandkings

DIS Veteran
I just saw a post on a theme park blog that advocated for closing the Hall of Presidents attraction in WDW. I'm genuinely not here to stir the political pot, but I haven't been to the Hall of Presidents show since I was a kid, and I must admit wouldn't miss it. The audio animatronics are not as revolutionary as they were when I was little, and the American Adventure show at Epcot covers much of the same territory. Even for napping in the air conditioning/nursing my baby, I prefer Carousel of Progress. The blog pointed out that attendance for the show has been incredibly low for the past decade or so, and made a few suggestions, like replacing HoP with a shorter version of Hamilton or the Muppets Great Moments in History. I would love to see the space retain its educational aspect while bringing in a new production that would engage younger audiences.

Please, if we could keep this thread OT, I would really like to hear ideas for what you would do with HoP. Replace it? Keep it as is? Or Keep it and change it?

I’m fir keeping it. I think having something for all presidents of all parties is a good thing and Ilike it. Maybe add more animatronic elements and less movie. I go all the time but can’t wait for movie to end and the presidehts to show up.

I think the best realistic standpoint is to keep it HoP but adjust the show so the current president doesn't have such a focal point

If they do replace it I don't think I want an alternate or jokey take, I'd rather it be something completely different (maybe something for Sleepy Hallow?)

A craft bar/steakhouse could be good too

I think the best realistic standpoint is to keep it HoP but adjust the show so the current president doesn't have such a focal point

If they do replace it I don't think I want an alternate or jokey take, I'd rather it be something completely different (maybe something for Sleepy Hallow?)

A craft bar/steakhouse could be good too

Yessssss. Something with Ichabod Crane! They should theme it to a schoolhouse, serve food and continually show The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad! Such a classic! Or have set dining times to eat and watch the movie. Perhaps Headless Horseman could pop in...

Last edited:
I like HoP just like it is, but both the Hamilton and Muppets ideas appeal to me too since I'm fans of both.

No reason to do that though. Keep it as it is. I usually go check it out every trip. It's a nice break. Comfy seat.

I wish they'd build a "Theater District" section to Springs that had multiple stage theaters with companies performing the Disney Broadway shows and Hamilton. I think that would be awesome.

I like HoP just like it is, but both the Hamilton and Muppets ideas appeal to me too since I'm fans of both.

No reason to do that though. Keep it as it is. I usually go check it out every trip. It's a nice break. Comfy seat.

I wish they'd build a "Theater District" section to Springs that had multiple stage theaters with companies performing the Disney Broadway shows and Hamilton. I think that would be awesome.

And why can’t they make it into a rotating show with live performances? So much potential for that space. The MK could use a good show space.

And why can’t they make it into a rotating show with live performances? So much potential for that space. The MK could use a good show space.

There were plans for that theater behind Main St but that got killed pretty quick

Using it as a theater for roasting pieces of American Theater could be good - definitely a part of American history

Yeah, the style of the WDW HM is set to look like a Hudson Valley mansion and Sleepy Hallow is also in the Hudson Valley

(The specific building it is based on isn't from NY but that is the style of look they are going for and where it is "set")

OT but I really love the town of Sleepy Hollow, and that area in general. Such a quaint little town. And they really get decked out for the Halloween season. I didn’t realize it was Hudson Valley that HM was loosely based on, the building anyway. I thought it was more upstate. That’s cool since that’s my home, no wonder I have such an attachment to the ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter