Poll - Will your kids get the Covid vaccine?

Will you get your 12-15 year old kids vaccinated for Covid?

• Yes - ASAP

Votes: 196 68.3%
  • No - Never

Votes: 40 13.9%
  • Possibly in the future (once it is fully approved)

Votes: 51 17.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's approved this weekend, my kids will get it next week before travel later this month...if it's later, we'll get it when we return.

My teen told me yesterday it was approved and she wants to get it right now...I had to share that the story said it was going to be approved, not that it already was...

Just so you know, right now only Pfizer is seeking approval for use in kids 12+. J&J hasn't gotten that far in their trials (which I haven't really heard much about, maybe because the focus has been on their production issues and then on the pause), so there's no way to know how long it might be before a single-dose vaccine is approved for use in teens.

Ah darn. You are absolutely right. I knew that, but totally wasn't thinking about it.

Well, one dose before he starts working is better than no doses! :) He will be getting the Pfizer.

ASAP I told them (15 and 15) about it being up for approval and DD has asked me about five times in the last 24 hours if I’ve heard anything yet, lol. They’re ready. I do plan on making a visit to their pediatrician. DD has had hives out of nowhere after back to back viruses and a case Myositis a year and a half ago so I want to be sure she’s good to go.

And what if it's required for school? Travel? Summer activities? Planning to keep them home forever?
There are exemptions that can be filled out in most states. California, New York and Maine are exceptions, I think. I know my state accepts religious exemptions for childhood vaccines if desired. Some states have philosophical exemptions, as well.

And what if it's required for school? Travel? Summer activities? Planning to keep them home forever?

I imagine most people who are leery of the vaccine feel like they can cross those bridges if they come to them. As of right now, there are very few vaccine requirements and they only pertain to specialized situations (attending one of a few dozen colleges, cruising, international travel) so there's not much practical pressure. If that changes, I'm sure some people will change their minds... and some will use exemptions or seek out alternatives that don't have requirements.

I imagine schools will allow exemptions for attendance, but they will likely not allow exemptions for optional activities, so sports, band, drama, choir, etc will likely need vaccination for junior and senior high, especially since all of these activities seem like the "vector" activities for the hs breakouts we've seen...

I imagine schools will allow exemptions for attendance, but they will likely not allow exemptions for optional activities, so sports, band, drama, choir, etc will likely need vaccination for junior and senior high, especially since all of these activities seem like the "vector" activities for the hs breakouts we've seen...
Currently, the exemptions cover all activities including sports, drama, clubs, ect. I don't see that changing.

I agree with this. For us, my children attend summer sleep away camp, we cruise, we travel, we participate in activities like theater and choir. As soon as they are able, my children will be vaccinated.

I’m planning on my almost 15 year old getting vaccinated next week (or as soon as it's approved, if earlier or later). I have no hesitation after several hundred million doses being given already, that's many orders of magnitude more than we'd have after any normal trial. I am not concerned about her dying, but I am concerned about long term issues derailing her last few years of high school and sports after the last year already screwed it up.

The thing is, these are all still what-ifs. And most of them are at least as far fetched as the what-ifs of as-yet-unknown vaccine side effects (and much easier to address by just getting the vaccine later, if necessary), so I can understand why they aren't factoring into people's thinking at this point in time.

I got vaccinated in phase one for myself. However, I’m more leery for my kids bc they’re kids and still growing and the sample size for these kid trials hasn’t been very large. My husband is not vaccinated and has reservations for himself. I’m done having that argument- he’s an adult and can make his own choice. There is no way though he would be ok with kids getting it ASAP. So I checked off the wait and see (future) option.

I thought this thread was a simple question and answer thread. I didn’t realize I’d have to explain myself to someone who disagrees with how I raise my kids.
I am home schooling because, as evidenced by some posts, the public school system in this country is a resounding failure. As for the rest, freedom always finds a way. I’ll find the 50 percent of like minded parents and let my kids freely associate with them and spread germs like they have from the dawn of mankind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter