Poll: Your experience trying to get a Rise of the Resistance boarding group

What was your experience?

• I was successful in securing a boarding group at 7am. Yay!

Votes: 88 78.6%
  • I tried at 7am and was unsuccessful, but I did secure a boarding group at 1 or 2pm in the park. Whew

Votes: 20 17.9%
  • I tried and was unsuccessful at 7am and decided NOT to try again later. Meh.

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • I was unsuccessful at securing a boarding group at both 7am and 1 or 2pm. Boo!

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • I did not try at 7am, but I did try for a group in the afternoon and I was successful. Woot!

Votes: 3 2.7%

• Total voters

marcar12

Mouseketeer
If you have gone to WDW since the opening of Galaxy's Edge, and you (or someone in your travel party) have at least attempted to get a boarding group for Rise of the Resistance, please vote....

I've tried once per trip and have been successful each time getting a boarding group at 7a.

There was a glitch in mde which supposedly was fixed by grouchy cm at guest services but the same glitch happened at 2. We were very disappointed.

If you read the bg thread you can see success from people reading it is about 99%. With those that haven't been able to get it be it a glitch in the system that dart our ot dated phone/app
I have done it about 30 time since opening and unsuccessful only once, first day dhs reopened, because of glitch

If you read the bg thread you can see success from people reading it is about 99%. With those that haven't been able to get it be it a glitch in the system that dart our ot dated phone/app
I have done it about 30 time since opening and unsuccessful only once, first day dhs reopened, because of glitch

Wow! I did not realize success rates were so high. I honestly am planning to probably skip the 7am effort and just try at 1pm...

This still confuses me... so you DON'T have to be inside the park anymore? You can use the app from your resort to check in right on the dot?

This still confuses me... so you DON'T have to be inside the park anymore? You can use the app from your resort to check in right on the dot?
read post 1 of the bg thread
for the 7am drop you don't have to be inside the park, it can be from anywhere in the world (can't be in the park anyways cause it's so early)
for the 1pm you DO need to be inside he park

We have gotten BGs several times by using the instructions and tips in the thread and by practicing at home. Rode it twice in January 2020, twice in November 2020, and twice in December 2020, although in December our family was with us (9 of us in all) so DDiL got it once and DD got it the 2nd time - both times everyone was in their rooms at BWV, logged into 4 different MDE accounts, not sure who was on data vs. Wi-Fi.

If you have gone to WDW since the opening of Galaxy's Edge, and you (or someone in your travel party) have at least attempted to get a boarding group for Rise of the Resistance, please vote....

You asked for "since the opening of Galaxy's Edge" but do not have an option for when the process called for being in the parks and attempting at 9am. How do you want that answered? I had success at both 7am and the previous 9am request time so checked the first box for 7am.

Hopefully at some point we'll enjoy RotR but so far the one time I tried at 7a I was unsuccessful and by 2p we are no longer in the park. So it will either be a 'someday' or 'oops, missed it'. We're at AK-J in March, BLT in April, SSR in July and BC in September but we've no plans to purchase park tickets until September.

Parks are empty right bow and we were still unsuccessful with 2 phones at 7am. Not happy. Doesn‘t make sense at all.

I practiced this morning for the first time without making any changes on my phone (house WiFi, location on, didn’t monitor time.gov and just clicked join when my phone turned to 7am) and did NOT get it. My phone took a second to “checking friends and family” and that much have lost it—but the window was still probably 1.5-2 seconds total until full. So frustrating, but I’ll keep practicing and adjusting.

I practiced this morning for the first time without making any changes on my phone (house WiFi, location on, didn’t monitor time.gov and just clicked join when my phone turned to 7am) and did NOT get it. My phone took a second to “checking friends and family” and that much have lost it—but the window was still probably 1.5-2 seconds total until full. So frustrating, but I’ll keep practicing and adjusting.
This was my experience as well. I feel like I have a lot more practicing to do before our trip. I also want to remove any family members who are not going on this trip. I'm just afraid I won't be able to link that back to me once I remove them. We'll be together on a trip on 2022. I guess I'll have time for figure it out before then. I just don't want to miss out on a BG because of extra people in my MDE. Is everyone accessing the "JOIN" only using the MDE App?

This was my experience as well. I feel like I have a lot more practicing to do before our trip. I also want to remove any family members who are not going on this trip. I'm just afraid I won't be able to link that back to me once I remove them. We'll be together on a trip on 2022. I guess I'll have time for figure it out before then. I just don't want to miss out on a BG because of extra people in my MDE. Is everyone accessing the "JOIN" only using the MDE App?
You can't book a bg unless you use the app

I also want to remove any family members who are not going on this trip.
Don’t worry about that. When you’re actually trying for a BG on your day at DHS, the app will automatically select the people who have admission and DHS park pass for that day and will ignore the rest. Just click Join or Continue on that page (I’ve forgotten what that button says) and go on to the next. If you get a BG and someone is left out, visit with the Guest Experience CMs in the blue shirts and they can add them to your BG. That’s why the recommendation is to click Join, Join, Join and don’t spend even a millisecond checking to see which guests on your F&F list are selected.

Thank you for your help! It sounds silly that I was able to get a BG pre-covid. I feel like it was stressful back then, but it seems worse now!

I truly believe using time.gov on another device is critical - when practicing we noticed our iphone clocks are about a second behind. Being able to instantaneously click the first join when time.gov says 6:59:59 has worked every time for us.

I have been "practicing" at home logging in at 7 am. I get to select my group within two seconds....the default message then says the group is full. I expected a message another message like "you can't join because you don't have a park ticket" - or something like that. I know the queue fills in less than 10 seconds but not three seconds. Any practice experience from anyone?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter