Poly SAME ASSOCIATION: Finally the answer I've been waiting for!

Are you buying Poly direct when it goes on sale?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
If you only stay at 1-2 bedrooms occasionally then shouldn’t the addition of studios at BPK have been a welcome thing? More of those lower pt, popular rooms? I will admit I’ve never stayed in the deluxe studio rooms in the original building so I don’t really know why they’re that much better than the studios over at BPK, though I’m sure they are considering the popularity. And saying this, won’t new tower owners start taking up a lot of reservations for the cheaper, more spacious long house rooms? Do we think this will hurt current owners who prefer the studios?
The problem at BPK was that all of the rooms added weren't studios. They are refurbished hotel rooms. There is no kitchenette, real refrigerator, or split bath setup like in the OG Deluxe Studios.

DVD branded them as "Resort Studios" for marketing, but all they are is regular hotel rooms.

The problem at BPK was that all of the rooms added weren't studios. They are refurbished hotel rooms. There is no kitchenette, real refrigerator, or split bath setup like in the OG Deluxe Studios.

DVD branded them as "Resort Studios" for marketing, but all they are is regular hotel rooms.
Isn't that what most people want? Studios?

Hell, I get more people wanting tower studios at Riviera than 2 bedrooms, and nobody every messages me to rent a 1 bedroom...

Isn't that what most people want? Studios?

Hell, I get more people wanting tower studios at Riviera than 2 bedrooms, and nobody every messages me to rent a 1 bedroom...
Yes, but at VGF, it seems that more people want the few true studios first, before the hotel rooms...

For an original VGF1 owner, getting a true Deluxe Studio has become more difficult, on average.

Yes, but at VGF, it seems that more people want the few true studios first, before the hotel rooms...

For an original VGF1 owner, getting a true Deluxe Studio has become more difficult, on average.
Ah, well, I could see that as being a problem;
however, I have to be honest, if I ever stayed in a studio, a bed, a shower, and TV would be all I would want.....

A real refrigerator/kitchenette doesn’t make that much of difference to me but the split bath is a nice option. I’d still forgo those for a cheaper studio but I do get your point there are benefits to the original studios if you need them.

You still have to buy direct to use the points at Riviera and VDH. Likely FW cabins too and others barring a change of direction by DVC. What you get with the tower becoming part of the existing PVB is that if you are a direct buyer and want or need to sell the points will be useable at all of the original 14 resorts vs restricted to one.
You also get a very competitve price after incentives, in my opinion.

Here’s why: start with base price similar to VDH $230. Factor in at 10 fewer years of points at ~$10pp/yr, the final direct price should roughly be $130pp (knowing DVD, this will be the price AFTER incentives).

This was the decision I was expecting and still I'm excited that they announced it. It costs more money to create a new association and I really don't think the resale restrictions for new properties factor into sales nearly as much as some people think they do (Disney had no problem selling DVC direct prior to the restrictions that started with Riviera). Copper Creek was only a new association because the end date of Bolder Ridge would have made the expansion very tough to sell. Grand Floridian was proof that adding on to an existing association at a popular resort is an easy way to sell more points. With the incentives last summer, I think many current owners will consider adding on direct if there are similar incentives this summer. Although I don't need to add-on more points at Poly, I will likely be tempted when it goes on sale considering it is the same home resort as my current points. Personally, I think the Poly studios are the best on property and the new tower solves the only issue I had with the resort (the lack of 1 bedroom villas).

Let’s be honest to sell BPK Disney had to give a 26 percent discount.”

If you go into DSW to buy shoes there are on the clearance rate at 26 percent off…

The delta between direct and resale was about 8 bucks.

Would they have sold out at 217 a point?

Not sure the BPK road map to successful Dvc sales is as clear as you think, unless Disney is planning on bringing the tower to market at 161 dollar a point after all incentives …

Now if they do that I can see it selling out pretty quick

With the incentives last summer, I think many current owners will consider adding on direct if there are similar incentives this summer.
For me, with no restrictions, there's zero chance in hell that I'd add on direct. Resale points get the exact same 11-month booking advantage, and i don't need any more points to qualify for perks. There's no benefit whatsoever.

Let’s be honest to sell BPK Disney had to give a 26 percent discount.”

If you go into DSW to buy shoes there are on the clearance rate at 26 percent off…

The delta between direct and resale was about 8 bucks.

Would they have sold out at 217 a point?

Not sure the BPK road map to successful Dvc sales is as clear as you think, unless Disney is planning on bringing the tower to market at 161 dollar a point after all incentives …

Now if they do that I can see it selling out pretty quick
The new VGF points sold quite well before that last larger incentive. That just finished it off.
RIV sold a bunch when they discounted to that area too.
Strong possibility that VDH will have to get down a lot lower IF they are looking to pace thru selling that building. 217 a point? That isn't going to sell anything for long and the only location they are even trying that is DL.

For me, with no restrictions, there's zero chance in hell that I'd add on direct. Resale points get the exact same 11-month booking advantage, and i don't need any more points to qualify for perks. There's no benefit whatsoever.
I don't need them either, yet I keep buying them lol. The benefit to adding-on direct has more to do with the new resorts and interest in staying at those resorts. It can also be harder to find the exact contract that you want on the resale market for a resort that is actively being sold direct. The most expensive factor when adding on at any resort is the annual dues you are committing to. I think people weigh the cost per point right now more heavily than they do the cost of annual dues for more points on a contract that is larger than what they need. And if you calculate the actual cost per point--number of annual points times years left on contract then some resale contracts are more expensive than buying a new resort direct.

You also get a very competitve price after incentives, in my opinion.

Here’s why: start with base price similar to VDH $230. Factor in at 10 fewer years of points at ~$10pp/yr, the final direct price should roughly be $130pp (knowing DVD, this will be the price AFTER incentives).
could it really go that low for direct? 150 points and magical beginnings?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter