Poly Tower Speculation

sainca11

Earning My Ears
Food for thought...
Do you think there will be any Duo Studios with the new tower at the Polynesian? I know that the tower desperately needs 1 and 2 bed villas, but with both RR and VDH having duo studios, it begs the question if the Poly Tower will follow suit.

It's so hard to tell from the latest construction and the mock-ups. I'm feeling like it won't because there are a lot of studios already existing and the need is bigger spaces as you noted. Also by looking at the construction layout as it currently stands (and the original artwork/mockups) it's just so hard to tell. On the other hand, what look to be studios maybe will be Duos... But honestly it's impossible to tell right now.

Food for thought...
Do you think there will be any Duo Studios with the new tower at the Polynesian? I know that the tower desperately needs 1 and 2 bed villas, but with both RR and VDH having duo studios, it begs the question if the Poly Tower will follow suit.
I like where your head is at! It seems that the Duo Studios seem to be very good for Disney's bottom line, since they can squeeze these rooms into really small spaces. The small footprint takes up about 50% of the space of a standard studio's footprint, while charging DVC owners about 25% less points than a standard studio. This is a brilliant trade off for Disney as they're making more money per square foot! If it's good for Disney, then there's no doubt it'll make it's way into all new DVC hotels. At the same time it also fills a void for some Disney fans (traveling solo or without families) who don't need a large room. Seems like a win win for Disney and fans. With that being said, I think the logical route for Disney would be for:
  1. Add this to the existing Polynesian Villas and Bungalows association.
  2. Not to add any standard studios to the new tower due to oversaturation of standard studios already existing at the Poly Villas and Bungalows association. Instead the new tower should be comprised of Duo Studios, 1 bedrooms villas, 2 bedrooms villas, and 3 bedroom grand villas to fill out the diversification of offerings at Poly DVC.
  3. Allow everyone staying at the poly (hotel and DVC) to access all 3 pools (including the new tower's pool) as it seems they'll all offer something a little different. No reason to restrict the new tower's pool.
  4. For the love of God, please add another restaurant or two! Another quick service offering (maybe poke bowls and then some kid friendly options), and then definitely another sit down restaurant. Would really love to see a fancier sit down (think Citricos or Narcoossee's) since Poly doesn't really have that option today. Possibly a fancy south pacific inspired seafood restaurant?

Last edited:
Would really love to see a fancier sit down (think Citricos or Narcoossee's) since Poly doesn't really have that option today. Possibly a fancy south pacific inspired seafood restaurant?
I agree that Poly really needs a signature restaurant, and it's surprising that they still don't have one. A pan-Asian restaurant with an emphasis on seafood seems like it would do very well here.

I agree that Poly really needs a signature restaurant, and it's surprising that they still don't have one. A pan-Asian restaurant with an emphasis on seafood seems like it would do very well here.

hockeydad21 wrote: For the love of God, please add another restaurant or two! Another quick service offering (maybe poke bowls with and then some kid friendly options), and then definitely another sit down restaurant. Would really love to see a fancier sit down (think Citricos or Narcoossee's) since Poly doesn't really have that option today. Possibly a fancy south pacific inspired seafood restaurant?​

THIS! A "Roy's" for Disneyworld!!

That would mean no lock off 2 bedrooms...it would make the resort all dedicated rooms. That would certainly be a new concept...
It’s a thing I read on the Internet from someone claiming to know. 🤷‍♂️

Just figured I’d share in case they really do.

It’s a thing I read on the Internet from someone claiming to know. 🤷‍♂️

Since 1 bedrooms are the last to book up, it seems like a really weird way for them to go. But, of course, if that was the case, it also would lean the decision in favor of it being part of PVB, and it also means no restrictions.

It is still hard for me to believe they are going to forgo restrictions on this big of a project....or that they don't want to capitalize on the popularity of the two person studios at RIV/VDH...

6 months and we should know! But, hopefully, those that know how to watch the things that get submitted to the comptroller site, like plans, updates to POS, name, etc. will see it sooner rather than later!!!

The last rumor I heard was all 1 BR and up. Who knows if that’s true.
That would add support to these being in the same association. But I'm guessing this is backward: folks that think the Poly Tower will be part of Poly 1 association believe there will be few/zero studios since there are already so many at Poly 1. What's missing at Poly 1 are 1- and 3-bedroom villas.

This is why I think the decision for one association vs two had to have been made upfront. If it’s adding to existing, they already have 360 studios and wouldn’t need many in the new. They would need more larger units. If it’s separate, they would need a number of studios to sell it, many new members can’t afford the points for larger units.

It's so hard to tell from the latest construction and the mock-ups. I'm feeling like it won't because there are a lot of studios already existing and the need is bigger spaces as you noted. Also by looking at the construction layout as it currently stands (and the original artwork/mockups) it's just so hard to tell. On the other hand, what look to be studios maybe will be Duos... But honestly it's impossible to tell right now.

The last rumor I heard was all 1 BR and up. Who knows if that’s true.

This is why I think the decision for one association vs two had to have been made upfront. If it’s adding to existing, they already have 360 studios and wouldn’t need many in the new. They would need more larger units. If it’s separate, they would need a number of studios to sell it, many new members can’t afford the points for larger units.
We can only go by historical data, and that data is 2-1 (if we count conversions of hotel rooms into DVC Villas). VGF (hotel to villa) and Treehouses at SSR are the examples supporting new construction (including hotel conversion) being added to existing association. The two separate DVC associations at Wilderness Lodge has been the exception since 2017. Despite such close physical distance, DVC still assigned CCV to a separate association from BRV.

Having such distinct building types and being separated by distance with the Great Longhouse right in between, I am now officially on Team Separate Association for Poly2. I will go one step further and predict the name to be: Villas at the Polynesian Towers!

Full disclosure: I am guessing!

We can only go by historical data, and that data is 2-1 (if we count conversions of hotel rooms into DVC Villas). VGF (hotel to villa) and Treehouses at SSR are the examples supporting new construction (including hotel conversion) being added to existing association. The two separate DVC associations at Wilderness Lodge has been the exception since 2017. Despite such close physical distance, DVC still assigned CCV to a separate association from BRV.

Having such distinct building types and being separated by distance with the Great Longhouse right in between, I am now officially on Team Separate Association for Poly2. I will go one step further and predict the name to be: Villas at the Polynesian Towers!

Full disclosure: I am guessing!
The thing with Boulder Ridge vs Copper Creek is the end date. If it was one association, there’s no way they could have sold Copper Creek with a 2042 end date. Polynesian goes to 2066.

The thing with Boulder Ridge vs Copper Creek is the end date. If it was one association, there’s no way they could have sold Copper Creek with a 2042 end date. Polynesian goes to 2066.
Agreed that Boulder Ridge having a 2042 end date played a major role in why Copper Creek was added as a new association. If copper creek was sold as the same association as Boulder ridge when it went on sale in 2017, then that would have only left 25 years left on the deed. That would have been a tough sell for Disney without severely discounting the buy in price, and we all know Disney isn’t into leaving money on the table. It’s probably also goes against Florida timeshare law.

The poly tower on the other hand will have 42 years left on its deed if it is added to the existing poly association. No one will be scared off of a 42 year contract vs 50, it fills a void in 1&2 bedroom villas, and the resort will arguably be vaulted to the top of the list of where people will want to stay, which means Disney can charge full price…and Disney benefits by getting a chance to flip over that resort 8 years sooner in order to sell it all over again to new DVC families.

It just seems like it financially benefits Disney more to make it the same association, and it makes most current poly owners happy to have access to the new tower. It’s a win win for both parties.

Last edited:
Agreed that Boulder Ridge having a 2042 end date played a major role in why Copper Creek was added as a new association. If copper creek was sold as the same association as Boulder ridge when it went on sale in 2017, then that would have only left 25 years left on the deed. That would have been a tough sell for Disney without severely discounting the buy in price, and we all know Disney isn’t into leaving money on the table.

The poly tower on the other hand will have 42 years left on its deed if it is added to the existing poly association. No one will be scared off of a 42 year contract vs 50, it fills a void in 1&2 bedroom villas, and the resort will arguably be vaulted to the top of the list of where people will want to stay, which means Disney can charge full price…and Disney benefits by getting a chance to flip over that resort 8 years sooner in order to sell it all over again to new DVC families.

It just seems like it financially benefits Disney more to make it the same association, and it makes most current poly owners happy to have access to the new tower. It’s a win win for both parties.

But they can’t add restrictions to it and that is a pretty big thing for them right now.

The fact that it is a 15 months later since the announcement , VDH is announced, and so was the new cabins project, I just find it really odd thst they still have not yet shared the decision.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter