Poly Tower Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends. I actually think that making it a different association would really hurt add-on sales to existing PVB owners since they wouldn't be able to combine points for 11 months reservations and it would make managing that a bit of a mess. I wonder how many people own both BRV and CCV?
The real question is how many people would add on if they already own at PVB? When you say hurt, are we talking 20 less people or 200 less people?

Besides if it’s the same association, the people that would have not added one by separating the contract would be made up by the truckloads from those buying resale contracts.

The real question is how many people would add on if they already own at PVB? When you say hurt, are we talking 20 less people or 200 less people?

Besides if it’s the same association, the people that would have not added one by separating the contract would be made up by the truckloads from those buying resale contracts.
There are arguments to be made either way, and they all have valid points.

This is interesting because it is sort of a reverse VGF situation. In that case, they made it the same association which very much prioritized new buyers, but has really soured some of the original owners to DVC (myself included). I toured BPK when they were opening and I was fairly vocal about not liking the addition to the original association, and the guide that was showing us around told us that he had heard that from a number of existing owners (in his words, people either loved it or hated it, there was no in-between :) ) .

I think, in this case, it would be beneficial perhaps to the existing PVB1 owners to actually add the new tower in the same association because of the makeup of PVB1. This would give them access to other room types. The other big question is how many studios will there be in PVB2? I don't know if I'd want to own there if I had difficulty getting a studio (like I now do with VGF1 Deluxe Studios in the home resort priority period). I'd like the knowledge that I could grab a PVB1 studio at say, New Years, if I needed to and not have to compete at 7 months with everyone else.

Personally, I don't really care as much about the PVB decision as I did with the VGF decision because we are mainly going to stay in the original studios anyway (whereas VGF has made it much more competitive for our preferred Deluxe Studio category). However, I am sure that if they made it a new association that it would likely be seen in a negative light from a number of existing PVB1 owners. Since add-on sales are a large portion of the sales portfolio at DVD, I wonder if they want to keep ticking off existing owners.

That said, as others have mentioned, maybe DVD is playing the long game and really doesn't care what existing owners think or care. I'll have my popcorn out to see what happens :)

Depends. I actually think that making it a different association would really hurt add-on sales to existing PVB owners since they wouldn't be able to combine points for 11 months reservations and it would make managing that a bit of a mess. I wonder how many people own both BRV and CCV?
Agreed!

I tend to think there are a lot of current PVB owners who would add on more points on day 1 of it going on sale if it was part of the same association. Do I know the exact number - no. But I would think the number is significantly more than people who would buy in on day one specifically BECAUSE it’s a separate association.

Agreed!

I tend to think there are a lot of current PVB owners who would add on more points on day 1 of it going on sale if it was part of the same association. Do I know the exact number - no. But I would think the number is significantly more than people who would buy in on day one specifically BECAUSE it’s a separate association.
But why would they add on direct if they could just buy some cheap resale points knowing they could use those?

The incentive currently being offered matches the total of 25ish contracts on the market that doesn’t match use years? Poly currently has 71 resale contracts listed across the sites

VGF was an existing building that was renovated, not a brand new structure like the Poly Tower will be

Why are people buying direct at VGF instead of resale?
Because the direct incentives make it cheaper than a lot of the resale out there.

I know if poly is part of the same association there is no way I’m buying direct unless the incentives make it close to resale pricing, as is happening with VGF right now. I think Disney knows this, so I can’t see why they would ever make it part of the same association unless they just don’t like money?

My only comment to this is that new buyer sales are a larger chunk of sales for DVD then add on sales are....

Why are people buying direct at VGF instead of resale?

The price difference between direct VGF and resale VGF makes having unrestricted points a better deal....lots off the people adding on at VGF were current owners but didn't yet own at VGF....so, in that sense, it was getting a new home resort.

It would be interesting to know how many people who did add on/buy VGF points were already VGF owners... We bought 300 points there, but we didn't own any before.

Because the direct incentives make it cheaper than a lot of the resale out there.
I think that this is a bit of a flawed comparison. Many people make this assumption based upon the "Magical Beginnings" program which requires the purchaser to rent their first year's points back to Disney. However, when they compare to resale, for some reason they never factor in renting the first year's resale points...

I think that this is a bit of a flawed comparison. Many people make this assumption based upon the "Magical Beginnings" program which requires the purchaser to rent their first year's points back to Disney. However, when they compare to resale, for some reason they never factor in renting the first year's resale points...
If there are any first year points to rent. Only 10/25 resale contracts have “current use year points” to rent

My only comment to this is that new buyer sales are a larger chunk of sales for DVD then add on sales are....
I agree. I think this statement holds true for all DVC resorts…but the Poly is still unique in how it draws people to it. I think it will have more add ons compared to other resorts due to its loyal fan base.

With that being said, new sales will still outweigh the add ons.

I agree. I think this statement holds true for all DVC resorts…but the Poly is still unique in how it draws people to it. I think it will have more add ons compared to other resorts due to its loyal fan base.

With that being said, new sales will still outweigh the add ons.

Again, if they want Poly and can get the tower going resale, then they won’t be adding on direct unless the price is close enough to resale to get the unrestricted points.

When VGF was selling prior to BPK, it was in the $180s….and VGF came back with incentives close to that…it went down…

PVB is currently going in the $130s right now so if it’s announced it’s the same association many who want more points for the tower wlll add on resale.

Even with VGF, my guess is that owners of VGF prior to BPK, who wanted more points, got them and still do resale if the main reason to use them was VGF.

It’s why I added on resale at RIV when I wanted more points instead of direct because it was $6200 less and I knew they were for stays at RIV.

Disney needed to include the Resort Studio only DVC into the current association IMO. As nice as the rooms are, it's a 35-year-old building that are renovated hotel rooms without the kitchenette and dual shower type bathroom area. Also, putting more pressure on the original VGF building. Polynesian tower will be a brand new from the ground up balanced resort. If they put it into the existing association, it would instantly put the room selection out of balance and people buying direct will be competing with millions of current Polynesian points. I don't see this happening. I also don't think Disney will have any trouble selling this resort.

I believe Poly2 will be a separate association, because Disney wants money long term.

But, if it does stay with Poly1, it will be because of RIV and the timing of Poly2 going online. Right now, DVC is still sitting on a ton of RIV (and AUL) points, and they keep adding more and more points into the system. They can't even sell out tiny VGF2. If Poly2 isn't a new association, it will be because DVC doesn't want to sit on millions more points for years.

And don't forget the trailers. They should be out around the same time as well.

Has anyone seen anything, building permits, floor plans, engineering drawings....
Does anyone know how these are released, is there a place on the comptroller website

Has anyone seen anything, building permits, floor plans, engineering drawings....
Does anyone know how these are released, is there a place on the comptroller website

I believe they are on their somewhere but I have no idea how to find them…you’d think that there is something out there with the room designations since they are that far into the building!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter