Pontoon viewing Fireworks??? Who’s done this?

MIALIAS

Mouseketeer
Hi
Our family wants to do this…but there are 2 options…
Epcot pontoon fireworks
or
Magic Kingdom Fireworks

which is better for viewing?
Did you add the food option?

any opinions would so very helpful

thanks!!

At MK you will miss 100% of the projections so take that into consideration. At Epcot you view Harmonious right at the bridge between France and Britain at the shoreline.

We did the Epcot one for the opening of Harmonious.
We did not add on any food. They always give snacks/non alcohol beverages.
We brought our own alcohol.
It was fun. I'd do it again but honestly, it's not the best view of Harmonious since it's at an angle to the center of the lake where much happens.

I've done EPCOT.
It was just okay in my opinion.
I actually enjoyed the Frozen dessert party much more (of course its not an option currently)

If I did something at MK it would probably be the dessert party not the boat.

... However... with the pontoon you do not need park admission for the day...

Hi
Our family wants to do this…but there are 2 options…
Epcot pontoon fireworks
or
Magic Kingdom Fireworks

which is better for viewing?
Did you add the food option?

any opinions would so very helpful

thanks!!
I have done neither, but one thing I did observe just last evening as I departed MK when the fireworks were beginning: the flotilla of pontoon boats watching the fireworks display also backs up and watches the electric light water pageant in front of Grand Floridian after the fireworks ends. So if you're going to do it, may as well take in two shows and do it at MK

Last July my friends and I did an MK fireworks cruise. We could sort of make out the projections on the castle for Happily Ever After, but we also were going to see them in MK the next night so we were more into the music and fireworks. Our cruise started with a little tour around the lakes followed by setting up in front of Poly to watch the water pageant. Then we zoomed up with other boats for the fireworks. We had some snacks (Oreos, canned soda) but I think the snacks have improved since then according to social media posts I’ve seen. It was honestly one of the most memorable things I’ve done at Disney and I would do one again for MK fireworks in a heartbeat.

We did the EPCOT pontoon boat and loved it. Perfect viewing? No but we were not at all disappointed. If it is important to see the water projections on the big circle, you will be disappointed because you won't see them at all. From our perspective we got to see a really good show show sitting down, right at the water level with nobody in front of us and we took a very relaxing boat ride before the show instead of standing in one place for an hour to make sure nobody was blocking us. One night we walked over from the Beach Club and watched Harmonious so we could see the water projections. We are probably in the minority but while the projections were very cool with amazing technology, everything considered, we were happier with the boat. This was our view from the boat.

We did Epcot for Illuminations pre-pandemic, and we loved it! Pontoon boat left from the Yacht Club and took us for a ride to Hollywood Studios and all the way back, parking under the bridge by the Gateway so we had a great view. It included bagged snacks, sodas, and water which was fine with us. The driver actually had us take what we didn't use with us since he said we had paid for it all! We had a great night and it is one we won't soon forget.

We have a MK cruise booked for March, and I'll be happy to check in after that and let you know how that one goes! We wouldn't have booked it if we hadn't truly enjoyed our Epcot experience a few years ago.

We did the MK fireworks cruise a couple years ago and loved it. As others have said, we were also able to see the water pageant by the Poly as part of the evening. We had small children as part of our group, and they were thrilled with the boat ride and snacks even before we got to the fireworks. We were at MK on another evening so were able to see all the castle projections then. We all really enjoyed the MK cruise and would gladly go again.

We had our choice of several locations from which the cruise could depart. We chose Wilderness Lodge since I was the only one in the group who had ever been there before. We went early so we could poke around the main building, grab a bite of supper, and sit by the fireplace a while before getting on the boat.

Last edited:
Last July my friends and I did an MK fireworks cruise. We could sort of make out the projections on the castle for Happily Ever After, but we also were going to see them in MK the next night so we were more into the music and fireworks. Our cruise started with a little tour around the lakes followed by setting up in front of Poly to watch the water pageant. Then we zoomed up with other boats for the fireworks. We had some snacks (Oreos, canned soda) but I think the snacks have improved since then according to social media posts I’ve seen. It was honestly one of the most memorable things I’ve done at Disney and I would do one again for MK fireworks in a heartbeat.

This… my family did this 3 years ago pre-pandemic and it was the best experience we have ever had at Disney! We loved it!

We did Epcot for Illuminations pre-pandemic, and we loved it! Pontoon boat left from the Yacht Club and took us for a ride to Hollywood Studios and all the way back, parking under the bridge by the Gateway so we had a great view. It included bagged snacks, sodas, and water which was fine with us. The driver actually had us take what we didn't use with us since he said we had paid for it all! We had a great night and it is one we won't soon forget.

We have a MK cruise booked for March, and I'll be happy to check in after that and let you know how that one goes! We wouldn't have booked it if we hadn't truly enjoyed our Epcot experience a few years ago.
We did the same for Illuminations. Thought it was fantastic. You could feel the heat from the barge flames. Incredible perspective.

Why can't they park/anchor the boats at a different place so that you can actually see the projections for Harmonius?

Why can't they park/anchor the boats at a different place so that you can actually see the projections for Harmonius?
I’m sure it’s for safety reasons. The same spot mentioned previously for Harmonious is where we docked for Illuminations

We did the MK experience twice. Once it was perfect, offering a little tour around the lagoon and a unique view of the fireworks. The other time it was foggy and we couldn’t see anything. They gave us a full refund (without us even asking). I highly reccomend. It was really fun for our family. But make sure that you see the fireworks from inside the park another night. The projections are spectacular and provide a different experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter