Pop Century Room to Watch the Skyliner?

AngelaVa

Mouseketeer
We are going to Disney next year and staying at Pop Century for 9 days, family of 3 adults , 1 boy 9 yrs old.

My Question is what room is the best to see the Skyliner from? My Husband would like to stay in the room some days and watch the Skyliner go by.

I would say it would be difficult to actually see the skyliner from any room at Pop as the trees and shrubs block it. He almost definitely would have to stand at the window or out on the walkway outside the room to really see it. 50's and 60's lake view section is the area facing it and would probably be the best bet and really only the 60's building 4 and 50's building 3 is on that side of the lake. Might be possible some of the rooms on the very end of Building 2 in the 50's could see from top floor but I have not looked from there.

If you have a standard room booked, request buildings 4, 3, or maybe 2. Chances are, you are not going to see the Skyliner at all while inside your room. But if you leave your room and walk down your corridor a bit, you’ll see it from various locations at these buildings.

We were in room 4341 and it was the best room location wise. I felt we were close to everything. We could see the skyliner from our room. It was 100% clear cause there were trees but you definitely could see the gondolas going back and forth
Thank you for this info. Will hope that we get this room, will request it!

It was awesome. This was the first time we had ever stayed at POP (or a value) and we booked a standard room and I was surprised how close we were to everything but it was still quiet cause we were in the back of a building and the hallway only had like 5 rooms on it.

Also one night we were walking to the room and we watched the fireworks while standing outside our room.

If we stay at POP again (idk if we will but not because of POP but because after our trip next week we are taking a break from WDW parks), I will be requesting this room again.

He should have plans for not being able to see the Skyliner from the room.

I recommend visiting Riviera. You can sit in areas near the pool and quick service that are open to the public and watch the Skyliner. On the second floor there are a couple patios off the lobby where you might be able to see the Skyliner as well. (There’s also a lovely coffee shop in the lobby.)

Honestly? It would be better to request a room with a good view of the Skyliner rather than simply giving a specific room number. If you just put that room number, the assigner has NO idea why you requested it and when (because it's definitely more when than if in this case) that number is not available, they have no clue what you are looking for and will put you anywhere.
Edited to clarify I'm not saying to not give the number - just not to give ONLY the number.

Last edited:
Honestly? It would be better to request a room with a good view of the Skyliner rather than a specific room number. If you just put that room number, the assigner has NO idea why you requested it and when (because it's definitely more when than if in this case) that number is not available, they have no clue what you are looking for and will put you anywhere.
They could request the room number and also add an, or a good view of the Skyliner./preferred building number. That would be easy enough. :)

We always ask for a specific room at Pop. We rarely get it of course because the odds of one particular room being available on our check in day are fairly slim, but they do make an effort to place you near the room.

They could request the room number and also add an, or a good view of the Skyliner./preferred building number. That would be easy enough. :)

We always ask for a specific room at Pop. We rarely get it of course because the odds of one particular room being available on our check in day are fairly slim, but they do make an effort to place you near the room.

Yes, obviously. But I've seen too many reports where people complain that they didn't get their requested room and when you ask what they had requested they say just the room number.

You've gotten lucky that they put you near the one number you request. It's far better to put your reasoning for why you're requesting what you are to increase the chances of getting something like what you're looking for. And you never know, sometimes they might know a room that meets those better than the one number you're giving them.

Yes, obviously. But I've seen too many reports where people complain that they didn't get their requested room and when you ask what they had requested they say just the room number.

You've gotten lucky that they put you near the one number you request. It's far better to put your reasoning for why you're requesting what you are to increase the chances of getting something like what you're looking for. And you never know, sometimes they might know a room that meets those better than the one number you're giving them.
I just think if someone wants a specific room they should go for it as their number one request. Why the heck not? Try to get exactly what you want! :) As I said, odds are extremely low of getting it, but if you don’t ask, you‘ll never get It.

I do agree giving additional info. such as building, floor number, close to food court, etc…. is also a good idea if that is important to someone.

I just think if someone wants a specific room they should go for it as their number one request. Why the heck not? Try to get exactly what you want! :) As I said, odds are extremely low of getting it, but if you don’t ask, you‘ll never get It.

I do agree giving additional info. such as building, floor number, close to food court, etc…. is also a good idea if that is important to someone.

I never said don't give the number you're asking for. Just don't give ONLY the number.

I never said don't give the number you're asking for. Just don't give ONLY the number.
That’s how it reads to me. Maybe you should have put, “as well as”, instead of, “rather than”.

It would be better to request a room with a good view of the Skyliner rather than a specific room number.”

That’s how it reads to me. Maybe you should have put, “as well as”, instead of, “rather than”.

It would be better to request a room with a good view of the Skyliner rather than a specific room number.”

So sorry. I don't know what I've done to you - you seem to come after my posts a lot. I'll go and edit for you.

Does the room assigner know which rooms have a good view of the skyliner vs which ones are on that side but blocked?

So sorry. I don't know what I've done to you - you seem to come after my posts a lot. I'll go and edit for you.
No need to apologize. You’ve done nothing to me. :confused3

I was just responding to you because I read your first post as you saying to not request a specific room number at all. Clearly now, that’s not what you meant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter