Port Orleans French Quarter Q&A Thread, New for 2012 (thread now FULL and CLOSED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Andre,
Do you happen to know how many requests are too much for POFQ?

My reservation is for a king room and these are my requests:
Building 6 1ST Choice, Building 7 2ND Choice, 2ND OR 3RD Floor with River View.

Do you happen to know how many requests are too much for POFQ?

My reservation is for a king room and these are my requests:
Building 6 1ST Choice, Building 7 2ND Choice, 2ND OR 3RD Floor with River View.

Well River View is not a request it's a booking category, so no need to put that in as long as that's what you've paid for. So just ask for "Building 6, or otherwise 7. Upper floor". If you're faxing too, you could elaborate a little and explain why you'd like those locations.

Andre

andrewilley said:
Well River View is not a request it's a booking category, so no need to put that in as long as that's what you've paid for. So just ask for "Building 6, or otherwise 7. Upper floor". If you're faxing too, you could elaborate a little and explain why you'd like those locations.

Andre

Thank you for your help.

We were originally supposed to be staying at POR from Nov 13-21 but garden view wasn't part of our free dining pin so we were switched to FQ :sad2: (not that FQ is bad but I was super excited to start with Riverside and try FQ next time). Since the switch was just this morning I haven't had a chance to look through FQ rooms yet really. We were hoping to stay AB in Riverside...does anyone have any quick suggestions for us now? Thanks!

Just 2 more weeks!!! Yea!!! I have a question if someone could please help. On our last night we have car rental that needs to be picked up and the rental company will send a shuttle to pick us up. We will be at MK that day so would it be okay for them to pick us up at the Contemporary or do we need to go to our resort, POFQ? They will pick up at any resort but since we are not guests at the Contemporary, I wonder if it makes a difference? Thanks!

On our last night we have car rental that needs to be picked up and the rental company will send a shuttle to pick us up. We will be at MK that day so would it be okay for them to pick us up at the Contemporary or do we need to go to our resort, POFQ? They will pick up at any resort but since we are not guests at the Contemporary, I wonder if it makes a difference? Thanks!

This is you being picked up by the rental company to be taken to their offices to collect a new hire car from them yes? I wouldn't have thought Disney would care, it's between you and your car rental agency where you arrange to meet. Make sure you give them a cell contact number rather than the hotel's number though.

Andre

I know FQ is extremely compact and there is no great distance to walk, that being said should I bother with a room request or are most rooms pretty good in terms of location, quiet, etc....

I know FQ is extremely compact and there is no great distance to walk, that being said should I bother with a room request or are most rooms pretty good in terms of location, quiet, etc....

People seem to request corner rooms a lot (at least in PORS they do, I assume at FQ they do too). From the photos it looks like you get a slightly more usable "table and chairs" area in the corner room, as well as an extra window. I think people also request a ground floor room if they want to avoid stairs.

Probably some one here will give you a better answer (since I haven't even been there yet!).

Oh, read the section "Where are the best room locations at Port Orleans French Quarter?" here:

http://www.portorleans.org/room-requests.php

Thanks. We have stayed at PORR before and we felt the need to reqeust a room as that is so apreadout but when we walked to FQ it seemed so compact that the need for a specific room request may not be needed?

Last 2 trips have been to POFQ... We really like building 5.... Close to pool and boat launch, short walk to Food Court....

We never request nor want a ground floor... I've seen too many guests with ground floor rooms leave their door open or ajar to hear their children or what not and there's too many creepy crawlers in Florida for me to wrestle with in room..

Thanks, i am thinking maybe top floor of building 4? That way we won't have to worry about people stomping above us.

I finally got my online check-in done two days ago. I went ahead with the second floor, near transportation options. Of course I also wanted the room ready early, which negates the other requests, so we'll see what we end up with.

Honestly, since we've paid for a King bed room, and my understanding is those are all corner rooms, I'll be happy with whatever we get!

I had one, put it in and my reservation is there, perfect, online check in 20 days away. Question, when can I put in my room request, during online check in?

I finally got my online check-in done two days ago. I went ahead with the second floor, near transportation options. Of course I also wanted the room ready early, which negates the other requests, so we'll see what we end up with.

Honestly, since we've paid for a King bed room, and my understanding is those are all corner rooms, I'll be happy with whatever we get!

Do you remember the choices, such as did they offer connecting and non-connecting rooms and is the top floor an option? TY!

We have never requested a particular location at POFQ. So far we have always had a ground floor room, in buildings 2,3 and 7. Never had a problem with any noise in any of them.

There are elevators in the center of each building, so you don't always have to use the stairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter