Port Orleans Riverside - Dogs

My point was that loud neighbors (baby/kids or any reason) can occur repeatedly day after day after day of your trip. Very little recourse. The barking dog will be kicked out.

Except I wonder how often that really happens. I have seen reports from people who have had barking dogs with no apparent repercussions. My son & DIl were in a garden view room last year. They had a dog next door that barked for several hours. The front desk moved them the first time she went down to complain. My DIL’s impression was they had received other complaints & that no attempt was being made to remove the dog.

I have been reading as many posts and comments as I can find on the subject of Dogs staying at WDW.
We will. For the first time in 25 years, be bringing our dog with us. We are staying at Yacht Club in a club level water view room with a requested lake/gazebo view (we were married in the gazebo 20 years ago)
He is a little old man, and we just cannot and will not board him at this stage. We will follow all the rules of course.
I can attest to seeing dogs at Disney often both service and pets. Even been on a few rides with them too!! We almost always stay at YC. However,
We have been far more irritated and annoyed and appalled even with poorly behaved people, than any dog ever.
Slamming doors at all hours. You can close your door with a little care.
Screaming and running up and down the hallways at all hours. Inside conversational voice could be an option.
Fighting and arguing loudly both in common areas and in rooms.
Opening and closing the connecting room door. Really just obnoxious.
There are more poor manners and ill behaved people than dogs at WDW.
For reference we will be there for 9 glorious days 4/16-4/24🐾🐾

I have been reading as many posts and comments as I can find on the subject of Dogs staying at WDW.
We will. For the first time in 25 years, be bringing our dog with us.
Have so much fun!! I will be there at the same with my doggo but we're over at Fort Wilderness in a cabin. I want to stay at YC with him sometime in the future so please report back on that!

I have stayed at POR with him and got 0 complaints and the cast members were so kind and accommodating! I asked and they invited me to bring him into the food court to eat one night. He just sat there begging for food like at home. So if you don't do well with dogs, I recommend finding another resort. I don't think incessant barking is the main issue, but that dogs will just be around places.

I agree with the PP that I have found people to have the loud/irritating behavior rather than the dogs. Slamming doors and screaming when people are likely to be asleep is one of my hotel pet peeves.

My puppy is part of my family and he is happier (as am I) when he travels with me versus hiring a dogsitter. I tried the Fort last year with him and he loves the dog park and riding around on the golf cart and all the activity at FW. He's almost 4 so he likes to be busy and look at the animals. And if he barks at the squirrels, at least he's in the cabin with no shared walls. 🤣

It's cheaper for me to bring him to Disney with me than to hire someone to care for him so when given the choice, I'm bringing him!

I am not allergic to dogs, and am a dog lover for sure, however my biggest concern is when we're having a much needed rest in the room or an early night, will there be dogs barking incessantly in the room next door? I'm so disappointed to find this resort allows dogs, as I was really looking forward to it. May have to look at French Quarter now 😢
We were at YC club level before the pandemic. When we returned to our room there was a large dog in the next room barking. The hotel manager was present. If you have a dog you must return to the hotel with 30 minutes if there is a problem with the dog. A few minutes later the owner returned and the dog stopped barking. I don’t know what they did but in the next few days we heard only 1 peep from the dog.
I would call and ask about the dog policy.

We were at YC club level before the pandemic. When we returned to our room there was a large dog in the next room barking. The hotel manager was present. If you have a dog you must return to the hotel with 30 minutes if there is a problem with the dog. A few minutes later the owner returned and the dog stopped barking. I don’t know what they did but in the next few days we heard only 1 peep from the dog.
I would call and ask about the dog policy.
I've read which building numbers are dog-friendly, so hope to ask for a room elsewhere. We're staying for 8 nights at POR in a standard view room (before moving to the Polynesian).

I hate that you don't take your service dog with you to WDW because of the way some people react to them. I know there is a lot of negativity about people who fake it with their dogs with fake internet covers or jackets for them. It's a sad thing when someone who really needs and has one thinks he can't take his because of this.
Please go ahead and take your service dog with you and ignore the rudeness of others. I hope you will reconsider this.
Thank you for your supportive comments💕 I debated about taking her with us for our trip in Aug but she would have to endure a flight from Honolulu to Seattle (about 6hrs) and the. A flight from Seattle to Orlando (another 5 hrs). Granted, there would be a few days in between because when I fly from HNL to SEA I’m there to meet up with my mom. I haven’t fully ruled it out. She has her little boots to wear when it’s hot outside and where we live in Oahu, summer temps are often in the 90s with high humidity, so she’s used to that. We are already booked at YC so already a plus! Great to see other posts re. those of you who take your pets. Love that they’re part of your “family”!!

I asked and they invited me to bring him into the food court to eat one night.

See, this is why some people aren’t happy about pets being around. The WDW website is specific that dogs aren’t to be in common areas, like restaurants. But then you get there & find dogs are allowed just because someone asked. When they started allowing pet dogs, they gave a list of rules & the guest had to acknowledgment understanding. If you’re aware of the restrictions, why would you even ask?

“While certain floors or sections of these Disney Resort hotels are designated as dog-friendly, the majority of areas remain canine-free to protect Guests with allergies or other needs. Other than service animals, dogs are not permitted in theme parks, water parks or common areas such as restaurants, pools and recreational spaces.”

See, this is why some people aren’t happy about pets being around. The WDW website is specific that dogs aren’t to be in common areas, like restaurants. But then you get there & find dogs are allowed just because someone asked. When they started allowing pet dogs, they gave a list of rules & the guest had to acknowledgment understanding. If you’re aware of the restrictions, why would you even ask?

“While certain floors or sections of these Disney Resort hotels are designated as dog-friendly, the majority of areas remain canine-free to protect Guests with allergies or other needs. Other than service animals, dogs are not permitted in theme parks, water parks or common areas such as restaurants, pools and recreational spaces.”
I was with a friend who went in to get my dinner and the cast member caught onto what was going on since I was standing outside and they were on the phone with me. The cast member then invited me in. I am absolutely a rule follower in general (to the detriment of annoying people in my life) but the CM invited so I took them up on it. 🤷‍♀️ Who wouldn't do it in this situation? I didn't expect it - it was a nice surprise. And for the record, my dog is very well trained and disturbed 0 people. We sat in the corner far away from anyone else.

Not that I need to explain myself to a stranger on a board who is out to just hate on dogs at Disney. You weren't there and it was an act of kindness by the CM.

I was with a friend who went in to get my dinner and the cast member caught onto what was going on since I was standing outside and they were on the phone with me. The cast member then invited me in. I am absolutely a rule follower in general (to the detriment of annoying people in my life) but the CM invited so I took them up on it. 🤷‍♀️ Who wouldn't do it in this situation? I didn't expect it - it was a nice surprise. And for the record, my dog is very well trained and disturbed 0 people. We sat in the corner far away from anyone else.

Except that’s not what you said in your other post. You said “I asked”. My point remains the same.

And because I make a comment doesn’t mean I hate dogs. Or dogs at Disney, you’re just a random stranger.

Not that I need to explain myself to a stranger on a board who is out to just hate on dogs at Disney. You weren't there and it was an act of kindness by the CM.

Respectfully, whether you asked or were invited by a cast member is really irrelevant. It was against the rules and you knew the policy. The CM doesn't make the rules and could very well get reprimanded for allowing a pet dog into the food court area.

Respectfully, whether you asked or were invited by a cast member is really irrelevant. It was against the rules and you knew the policy. The CM doesn't make the rules and could very well get reprimanded for allowing a pet dog into the food court area.
Oh well. It was a lovely 15 minutes and no one was harmed. You guys act like a small dog in a corner of a dining room is going to harm people.

But I’ll never win this argument.

So God bless each of you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter