Possible ban of travel in/out of Florida - thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

actually incorrect. Biden re signed the Executive Order which bans Europeans from entering USA on January 25. This is the link to the White House website page with Bidens name on it https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing...e-a-risk-of-transmitting-coronavirus-disease/

actually incorrect. Biden re signed the Executive Order which bans Europeans from entering USA on January 25. This is the link to the White House website page with Bidens name on it https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing...e-a-risk-of-transmitting-coronavirus-disease/

That wasn't his original stance. He just continued the original restrictions from the previous administration that he criticized when they were put in place.

No way he cuts off Florida. Period.

This is a bunch of clickbait garbage so far. They're looking at trying to put limits on all domestic air travel possibly requiring a negative COVID test in order to fly. They're not singling Florida out. The only places this is being reported are Disney Blogs and Florida newspapers.

Yup complete click bait article. AND the actual news says, "In cooperation with local and state governments". Desantis will NEVER shut those doors so its a non starter.

Nothing about that needs to be moderated. It's just fact. He was against the China restrictions and he was against the Europe travel restrictions.

The only reason I mention it is to prove that this rumor is likely fake news considering this rumors.
What does Joe Biden have to do with Disney? It doesn't apply and is just leading down the political pit that we can never seem to climb out of. This whole topic shouldn't be on this board.

Just on another note, this morning on HLN news, they are reporting now that the vaccinations are only good for 3 months and that after that time, the CDC stated that you should stay in your home, don't travel, wear your masks and stay away from friends and family.
What??? Do you have a link?

Reporters: “what’s the latest?”
White House: “numbers are going down. We need to continue what we’re doing, ramp up vaccines, and we can maybe reach herd immunity by the end of summer!”
Reporters: “that’s not gonna get clicks. If Florida keeps being Florida and keeps spreading the variant, can we stop people from traveling there?!”
White House: I suppose we’d have to discuss it
WHITE HOUSE DISCUSSING BANNING TRAVEL! EVERYONE PANIC!

What??? Do you have a link?

This is not true at all. The CDC put out guidance that fully vaccinated people do not need to quarantine if they have been exposed to COVID if their vaccine was within 3 months. They are NOT saying that the vaccines do not work beyond 3 months. The Moderna CEO expects it to last "a couple of years". The most likely scenario is 1 year with boosters for a while.

This is not true at all. The CDC put out guidance that fully vaccinated people do not need to quarantine if they have been exposed to COVID if their vaccine was within 3 months. They are NOT saying that the vaccines do not work beyond 3 months. The Moderna CEO expects it to last "a couple of years". The most likely scenario is 1 year with boosters for a while.
This was being broadcast on the morning news today on Head Line News (HLN). They reported that the vaccine was only good for 3 months. Heard it with my own ears. Couldn't believe what I was hearing either.

No link. Watching Headline News with Robin Mead about 8am today.
This was being broadcast on the morning news today on Head Line News (HLN). They reported that the vaccine was only good for 3 months. Heard it with my own ears. Couldn't believe what I was hearing either.
My suggestion is to stop watching/listening cable news and check with the CDC website.

Not joking about what we heard on the news this morning about the vaccine being effective for 3 months. I truely believe it was fragmented news and reported out of context. I am not trying to start anything, it just caught me by surprise that this information was presented the way it sounded.

Not joking about what we heard on the news this morning about the vaccine being effective for 3 months. I truely believe it was fragmented news and reported out of context. I am not trying to start anything, it just caught me by surprise that this information was presented the way it sounded.

I believe you. The 24/7 news cycle has made the pandemic 100x worse. All about the next gasp and jaw dropping headline. But rest assured, they are wrong in what they said.

It's also becoming more and more likely that the vaccine ALSO significantly prevents transmission (not 100%) of the virus so this could help end masking requirements. They just need more scientific proof before that can be stated.

The Commerce Clause of the Constitution says very clearly that it is Congress's job to regulate interstate commerce. The president simply cannot do something like this unilaterally. It is a no-brainer Constitutionally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter