Possible ban of travel in/out of Florida - thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It‘s hard to read tone but I read your response as being quite snarky and that’s not my style. I’m truly hoping to get a response from someone who may know more about covid mitigation than I do. I have no medical background and I’m trying to make the best decisions that I can to keep my family safe. I think that if we went to Disney and skipped the indoor rides and dining, avoided crowded areas, and wore our masks then the trip would be safe. Others imply that it isn’t. I’m seeking more information because I’ve been living under a rock for over a year and I can’t take much more.

So, what does it have to do with Disney? If mitigation works then Disney is safe so I’d love to know if it works. I’m assuming that others would like to know too....but maybe I’m wrong about that.

It has been an incredibly tough year for all of us. I wish you all the best.
That's a topic for the community board, not rumors and news.

That's odd. I booked flights with SW March 12th last year for August and then when we knew we weren't flying in August I cancelled and was given credit to be used by September 7th 2022...

Probably because of when you canceled. You have to have canceled by 9/7/2020 to get the extension.

It‘s hard to read tone but I read your response as being quite snarky and that’s not my style. I’m truly hoping to get a response from someone who may know more about covid mitigation than I do. I have no medical background and I’m trying to make the best decisions that I can to keep my family safe. I think that if we went to Disney and skipped the indoor rides and dining, avoided crowded areas, and wore our masks then the trip would be safe. Others imply that it isn’t. I’m seeking more information because I’ve been living under a rock for over a year and I can’t take much more.

So, what does it have to do with Disney? If mitigation works then Disney is safe so I’d love to know if it works. I’m assuming that others would like to know too....but maybe I’m wrong about that.

It has been an incredibly tough year for all of us. I wish you all the best.

Just follow the CDC guidelines and consider your personal health situation and you will minimize your risks. Talking with your Dr would be a good idea too. There are no guarantees, but your Doc will know your situation and give you good advice. This rumor is just drama.

Here's a link to the CDC info.

Things to Know about the COVID-19 Pandemic | CDC

Just follow the CDC guidelines and consider your personal health situation and you will minimize your risks. Talking with your Dr would be a good idea too. There are no guarantees, but your Doc will know your situation and give you good advice. This rumor is just drama.

Here's a link to the CDC info.

Things to Know about the COVID-19 Pandemic | CDC

Thank you so much for your reply. I’ll look at the link right now.

I think that if we went to Disney and skipped the indoor rides and dining, avoided crowded areas, and wore our masks then the trip would be safe.
Honestly this sounds impossible. Most of the rides have at least some portion of the ride or queue that are indoors, and bottlenecks can happen throughout the park, even in areas that wouldn't typically be crowded. From your posts on other threads you seem very scared of Covid. I don't think you'll have a very enjoyable trip if you go.

Honestly this sounds impossible. Most of the rides have at least some portion of the ride or queue that are indoors, and bottlenecks can happen throughout the park, even in areas that wouldn't typically be crowded. From your posts on other threads you seem very scared of Covid. I don't think you'll have a very enjoyable trip if you go.
Thank you for your reply. You’re absolutely right, I’m terrified of covid and it probably wouldn’t be an enjoyable vacation. It may be time for some counseling.

Well of course ticket prices are looking great - now that I have no idea if we will be banned from travel to Fl!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter