Possible Price Increase

mshanson3121

DIS Veteran
Do we think that a ticket price increase is on it's way sooner than later than the normal Feb-ish range? We are going next June, but have been holding off until after Christmas to buy, because $$$. But the way things are going lately - the quarterly results, the sudden pause on APs, it makes me wonder what's next.

Pricing is very unpredictable right now, but I think Feb is as good of a guess as any. I'm not sure I agree with those equating the AP pause with a price increase - don't necessarily think they're a relationship. I think the pause is more a capacity thing. But then again, I don't know any actual details more than anyone else!

With date based ticket prices, they could raise prices every day and no one would know unless they had been tracking them. I would be surprised if Disney announced a general ticket price increase. Increased AP prices, sure, but no need for them to make a big announcement about the date based tickets.

At this time, if there's ever a question about raising prices the answer is always "Yes" and the timeframe is always "Sooner"

With demand-based pricing, they can raise the price of individual days while remaining in the same price range, creating the illusion that they haven't raised prices. At some point, they will raise the floor and the ceiling and it will be easier to spot.

It's like a hotel where the price on the door is $1,000 and everyone is paying a different price for their rooms.

But like others have said, the prices will go up.

I will be surprised if the APs come back without a price increase.

I didn’t even realize the sales were paused again. I bought my Pixie pass a couple of weeks ago, and saw the other choices and thought that they were going to be around for a while (wasn’t a regular pass like over $1200?).

They weren’t available for very long, but I’m glad I bought mine when I did for sure!

Appears that Disney land and world both realized the prices are too low for demand.
There are hundreds of post with people complaining about the High rates YET there is not enough space fir guest.

I think the issue is staffing shortages, not demand. WDW is massive and can handle the crowds but with a lack of CM's, some restaurants still being closed, reduced park hours, etc... it becomes a problem. Everyone keeps saying "Disney is raising prices to reduce crowds." I don't believe it and never have. They raise prices to increase revenue.

I think the issue is staffing shortages, not demand. WDW is massive and can handle the crowds but with a lack of CM's, some restaurants still being closed, reduced park hours, etc... it becomes a problem. Everyone keeps saying "Disney is raising prices to reduce crowds." I don't believe it and never have. They raise prices to increase revenue.

I just read somewhere the Sports didn’t reopen when they thought and are shuffling people to other Values, and that’s why for January room capacity seems so low (everything booked). I think it was on Facebook groups where someone said they were just contacted and moved to ASMu. So that’s another reason it’s seemingly even more crowded/booked up.

With a Value hotel closed, housekeeping at a minimum, no trams from parking lots, etc, it seems like now would NOT be the time to keep adding stress to the AP holders, frequent visitors, etc, but since it’s all about the bottom line, I think this will continue. Remove services and increase prices= happier stockholders.

I just read somewhere the Sports didn’t reopen when they thought and are shuffling people to other Values, and that’s why for January room capacity seems so low (everything booked). I think it was on Facebook groups where someone said they were just contacted and moved to ASMu. So that’s another reason it’s seemingly even more crowded/booked up.

With a Value hotel closed, housekeeping at a minimum, no trams from parking lots, etc, it seems like now would NOT be the time to keep adding stress to the AP holders, frequent visitors, etc, but since it’s all about the bottom line, I think this will continue. Remove services and increase prices= happier stockholders.

I used to feel the same way but lately I've been much more optimistic. Disney knows exactly what they are doing. The world will return to a state where the value of a product matters and influences consumer decisions. As of right now, companies (not just Disney) are able to get away with offering less, but as competition ramps up that will change. Disney is not just competing with Universal, but thousands of vacation destinations. This "offer less, charge more" thing is happening across the board, with essentially every business. I think the world just needs more time to heal.

I used to feel the same way but lately I've been much more optimistic. Disney knows exactly what they are doing. The world will return to a state where the value of a product matters and influences consumer decisions. As of right now, companies (not just Disney) are able to get away with offering less, but as competition ramps up that will change. Disney is not just competing with Universal, but thousands of vacation destinations. This "offer less, charge more" thing is happening across the board, with essentially every business. I think the world just needs more time to heal.

I’m too cynical I guess. I’ve seen many services that in other places that could begin again, but with no effort to fill those positions. Like, at a state park where we’ve been doing without long enough that they don’t seem to think adding the service back, even limited, is important enough. I hope you’re right though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter