Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

And it's 3 forms of payment per passenger right? So I could use 2 credits (mine) & credit card for me and 2 credits (2nd passengers) and credit card for 2nd passenger?

And it's 3 forms of payment per passenger right? So I could use 2 credits (mine) & credit card for me and 2 credits (2nd passengers) and credit card for 2nd passenger?

Yes. I just did the exact thing last month (I believe it’s actually more than 3).

Here’s a fun new thing to worry about:
Anyone seeing a red banner on the app saying you can change your flight because you may be scheduled on a disrupted flight?
This happened to me for my March flight. They said it was because of the MAX8 situation even though my planes were not that type. I did nothing and my flights were fine and on time.
However, I have an upcoming flight in June that has disappeared from the schedule which I recall *may* have been a MAX8 flight but I am not entirely sure. I am concerned that they might move me to another undesirable flight with multiple layovers or something. I might be calling today to see what's up.

This happened to me for my March flight. They said it was because of the MAX8 situation even though my planes were not that type. I did nothing and my flights were fine and on time.
However, I have an upcoming flight in June that has disappeared from the schedule which I recall *may* have been a MAX8 flight but I am not entirely sure. I am concerned that they might move me to another undesirable flight with multiple layovers or something. I might be calling today to see what's up.

For your June flight: what does it show when you check that reservation?

I searched but couldn't find it. On Southwest do Travel Funds all stay separate or do they combine into one amount per reservation number? Like if I get a travel credit now of say $20 then in a month the flight changes again and I get another $20, Is that 2 $20 Credits or 1 $40?

Actually, the travel funds will be associated with your confirmation number. So doesn’t matter how many times you rebook for a lower price. When you go to use the credit, you will put in your confirmation number & it will show the whole amount as 1 credit. Make sure to keep your confirmation number, you will need it to use the credit.

Actually, the travel funds will be associated with your confirmation number. So doesn’t matter how many times you rebook for a lower price. When you go to use the credit, you will put in your confirmation number & it will show the whole amount as 1 credit. Make sure to keep your confirmation number, you will need it to use the credit.

You are exactly right. I didn’t realize op was talking about multiple credits from a single flight.

Yes. I just did the exact thing last month (I believe it’s actually more than 3).
Unfortunately they are now down to just 3 forms of payment now (it was part of the system upgrade a year or so ago). If somebody ends up with multiple credits you have to do some strange trickery where you book cheap flights to combine credits and then cancel those flights. It's do-able but hard to explain (and luckily not necessary for this poster). Just sharing for somebody else who sees this.

Oh okay, this is what I was hoping for I've gotten travel funds before, but never more than once per confirmation number.

You are exactly right. I didn’t realize op was talking about multiple credits from a single flight.
Yes, sorry, same confirmation number.

Thank you everyone!

My return flight from MCO to CMH on 6/27 was changed. I got the email Sunday morning. We were departing MCO at 9:50pm and got moved to a 11:05pm flight. Not that big of a deal, but wish it wasn't so late. But the only option to change it that was nonstop was around 3:45pm, and we didn't want it that early as we have plans for that day visiting family in the area. However, I did notice it said we could change either our departing flight (that wasn't affected) or the return flight by 14 days before or after the original booked flight. I used the opportunity to change our departing flight that was scheduled for 8:25am with 1 stop, to a nonstop flight that leaves at 11:15am (direct), that had been more expensive when I booked. I had to call to do so as it wouldn't let me change anything online (maybe because we booked with points?). But he had no trouble changing it, even though the wanna get away fare we originally booked under was not available for the new flight.

Anyone else get an error message when trying to look at the flight details on an upcoming flight? I cannot see my flight info going to Orlando at all. No matter how I try to pull it up on the app or the website. I just get an error message. I can see I have a flight but that is all (on the app). I can see the details of my return flight. I called and they verified my flight info but if I wanted to change anything I can’t because I have absolutely no way to pull up my reservation. I just hope I can check in for the flight - although I guess it isn’t a big deal since we did early bird (thankfully!)

Anyone else get an error message when trying to look at the flight details on an upcoming flight? I cannot see my flight info going to Orlando at all. No matter how I try to pull it up on the app or the website. I just get an error message. I can see I have a flight but that is all (on the app). I can see the details of my return flight. I called and they verified my flight info but if I wanted to change anything I can’t because I have absolutely no way to pull up my reservation. I just hope I can check in for the flight - although I guess it isn’t a big deal since we did early bird (thankfully!)
I just check my husband's 3 flights he has booked right now and they appear to be showing fine. It could be a random glitch though that doesn't make the situation better :(

I just check my husband's 3 flights he has booked right now and they appear to be showing fine. It could be a random glitch though that doesn't make the situation better :(

Yea. I have had it for at least a couple of months and it probably is random. I did modify that flight shortly after booking because the price dropped but it is annoying to be completely unable to see the reservation. Especially with all the flight issues and changes they have had. I know I would get an email if they do make a change at least.

Yea. I have had it for at least a couple of months and it probably is random. I did modify that flight shortly after booking because the price dropped but it is annoying to be completely unable to see the reservation. Especially with all the flight issues and changes they have had. I know I would get an email if they do make a change at least.
ugh a couple of months to not be able to see it sounds awful. Sorry :hug:

Can someone please tell me if the points refunded after changing a flight expire? I know with cash bookings you get a travel voucher that expires in 1 year. I'm wondering if refunded points expire in 1 year as well. Thanks!

Can someone please tell me if the points refunded after changing a flight expire? I know with cash bookings you get a travel voucher that expires in 1 year. I'm wondering if refunded points expire in 1 year as well. Thanks!
There is no expiration date, as long as you have activity in your RR account at least once in a 24 month period (the same policy as all points in your RR account).

Has anyone have insight into EB booking with SW switching flights around? I know generally you go to the bottom of the list when you switch flights but with SW being the one cancelling and rescheduling, I was hoping it wouldn’t effect my group to much. I paid for EB when I purchased our flights back in October, cancelled and rebooked a few weeks back. Huge time difference.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter