Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

I changed my flight to an earlier time and it dropped my EBCI. It didn't alert me it was going to change anything and I just happened to see a statement about buying the A1-A15 so I called about that. They said it was because I changed the flight and the refund was already processed that day. I could buy the EBCI again but it would be today's date and not from the 2.5 months earlier when I originally booked. I passed.

Has this happened to anyone else? I'm wondering if I call back and talk to a supervisor can they back date the EBCI or would I just be told the same thing?
My understanding (and someone, please correct me if I'm wrong) is that when you change a flight, your EBCI gets moved as if you'd purchased it that date too, not your original purchase date. I've never had it 'drop' my EBCI if I change my flights though. Did you keep the same reservation number or were you assigned a new reservation number?

Regardless of which happened, my understanding is that your EBCI date would change to the date you moved your reservation so you'd be no further behind to purchase it today than you would have been if they'd moved it along with your reservation.

My understanding (and someone, please correct me if I'm wrong) is that when you change a flight, your EBCI gets moved as if you'd purchased it that date too, not your original purchase date. I've never had it 'drop' my EBCI if I change my flights though. Did you keep the same reservation number or were you assigned a new reservation number?

Regardless of which happened, my understanding is that your EBCI date would change to the date you moved your reservation so you'd be no further behind to purchase it today than you would have been if they'd moved it along with your reservation.
I had no idea if you changed your flight your EBCI would change dates! I hope that is wrong as I was forced to change our departure return date due to the 787 fiasco still ongoing. Our reservation number did not change. And to clarify I'm still departing the same day just at a different time.

I had no idea if you changed your flight your EBCI would change dates! I hope that is wrong as I was forced to change our departure return date due to the 787 fiasco still ongoing. Our reservation number did not change. And to clarify I'm still departing the same day just at a different time.
Did they cancel your original return flight? Or, did they give you the option to change it if you wish?

I changed my flight to an earlier time and it dropped my EBCI. It didn't alert me it was going to change anything and I just happened to see a statement about buying the A1-A15 so I called about that. They said it was because I changed the flight and the refund was already processed that day. I could buy the EBCI again but it would be today's date and not from the 2.5 months earlier when I originally booked. I passed.

Has this happened to anyone else? I'm wondering if I call back and talk to a supervisor can they back date the EBCI or would I just be told the same thing?
I have a clarifying comment:

Regarding A1-A15 statement that's for purchasing Business Select Fare OR Upgraded Boarding (purchased at the gate subject to availability). That is NOT the same as purchasing EBCI.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

In general EBCI is supposed to transfer over to the updated reservation though I have heard every now and then it was dropped for one reason or another.

In terms of a refund--what fare did you purchase? If it was WGA were they meaning the travel credit was processed that day? The cost of EBCI isn't refundable so I'm kinda confused on what they meant by refund there. Also I would mention that there have been a once or twice where my husband thought he purchased EBCI but didn't actually do it--meaning he never had any confirmation on any of his documents/e-mails nor was charged for EBCI. I only mention that to make sure you did indeed purchase it just in case it was like my husband where he forgot to fully go through with the EBCI purchasing process.

I do agree with the PP on average people have been reporting that when a flight is changed (whether reduction in price or different flight) the clock if you will is reset.

I have a clarifying comment:

Regarding A1-A15 statement that's for purchasing Business Select Fare OR Upgraded Boarding (purchased at the gate subject to availability). That is NOT the same as purchasing EBCI.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
In general EBCI is supposed to transfer over to the updated reservation though I have heard every now and then it was dropped for one reason or another.

In terms of a refund--what fare did you purchase? If it was WGA were they meaning the travel credit was processed that day? The cost of EBCI isn't refundable so I'm kinda confused on what they meant by refund there. Also I would mention that there have been a once or twice where my husband thought he purchased EBCI but didn't actually do it--meaning he never had any confirmation on any of his documents/e-mails nor was charged for EBCI. I only mention that to make sure you did indeed purchase it just in case it was like my husband where he forgot to fully go through with the EBCI purchasing process.

I do agree with the PP on average people have been reporting that when a flight is changed (whether reduction in price or different flight) the clock if you will is reset.

I did purchase the WGA fair, which is why I was super confused when they lady said the refund was already processed that day. She didn't specify how the refund was done so I honestly don't know, it was late and I was tired :) I haven't seen it hit either my credit card or RR in a travel credit. Guess I'll have to just call them back after work.

I think with all these reports I'm not going purchase them going forward. We flew to Baltimore just a few weeks ago and I didn't purchase them cause it was a month out and I figured why bother. I got A60 and my daughter B1 and it was a sold out flight. Don't think they are worth the price if they don't put a cap on how many they sell.

I did purchase the WGA fair, which is why I was super confused when they lady said the refund was already processed that day. She didn't specify how the refund was done so I honestly don't know, it was late and I was tired :) I haven't seen it hit either my credit card or RR in a travel credit. Guess I'll have to just call them back after work.

I think with all these reports I'm not going purchase them going forward. We flew to Baltimore just a few weeks ago and I didn't purchase them cause it was a month out and I figured why bother. I got A60 and my daughter B1 and it was a sold out flight. Don't think they are worth the price if they don't put a cap on how many they sell.
If you purchased the flights via cash for your WGA fare it would have been a travel credit for your account not posted to your method of payment. I'm completely guessing but she may have meant then that your travel credit for the change was already processed if that was the way you paid. Travel credits are basically tracked through a confirmation number (they don't really make it easy to keep track of those honestly).

If you purchased in RR points it would have been refunded back as RR points to your account.

You might take a look at your e-mails you've been sent from the time you purchased your flight to the time you changed your flight to see if you can piece together at least some things.

In either case I know it can be super frustrating!

If you purchased the flights via cash for your WGA fare it would have been a travel credit for your account not posted to your method of payment. I'm completely guessing but she may have meant then that your travel credit for the change was already processed if that was the way you paid. Travel credits are basically tracked through a confirmation number (they don't really make it easy to keep track of those honestly).

If you purchased in RR points it would have been refunded back as RR points to your account.

You might take a look at your e-mails you've been sent from the time you purchased your flight to the time you changed your flight to see if you can piece together at least some things.

In either case I know it can be super frustrating!
The plot thickens....I called on my lunch. They claim I cancelled the EBCI when I switched our flight time and due to that they are issuing a refund to my credit card used to purchase the flight. I call bull on that cause they specifically tell you otherwise when you buy EBCI. I blame a SW glitch and think the morale of this story is for everyone to check their EBCI cause SW is screwy!! Guess I'll see if I get a cc refund in the next week. Thanks all!

The plot thickens....I called on my lunch. They claim I cancelled the EBCI when I switched our flight time and due to that they are issuing a refund to my credit card used to purchase the flight. I call bull on that cause they specifically tell you otherwise when you buy EBCI. I blame a SW glitch and think the morale of this story is for everyone to check their EBCI cause SW is screwy!! Guess I'll see if I get a cc refund in the next week. Thanks all!
Sorry all that happened! :hug:

In the past we've found that they often update the fare calendar first so you may wish to look there first.

On the main page, click here:
View attachment 425653

On the next page enter your 2 airports. Personally, after that I just click 'Search' and scroll over to see what months are displayed. I've found in the past that I can see new flight openings here and get to those flights when I can't find them by searching the regular way.

Hope this helps!
thank you for posting that reminder! When you posted it I remembered I'd seen it before but I had ENTIRELY forgotten until you reposted. Another person eagerly awaiting the schedule to open up, right now Boston -> MCO for my dates is over $1500 for 2 for any decent times. Rather fly out of PVD anyway and have $400 on SW gift cards to use. Super eager to book! I suspect other fares will come down once SW opens up too.

Did the flights go on sale at 6:20am?
They must've gone on sale at 6:00 or a little after, because the prices were higher than I anticipated so I had to transfer more points from my credit card to SW first before I could book. I had finished booking our flight and received the email confirmation at 6:20.

They must've gone on sale at 6:00 or a little after, because the prices were higher than I anticipated so I had to transfer more points from my credit card to SW first before I could book. I had finished booking our flight and received the email confirmation at 6:20.
Ok! Does anyone know if there is any notification you can get from southwest when they go onsale? They used to have some sort of a 'ding' app or something? Does it only work for specials and not for when they list new travel dates?
I may just have to click refresh like a lunatic, like usual....

Ok! Does anyone know if there is any notification you can get from southwest when they go onsale? They used to have some sort of a 'ding' app or something? Does it only work for specials and not for when they list new travel dates?
I may just have to click refresh like a lunatic, like usual....
In the past, I’ve done a texting group with fellow dis-ers to notify each other when things like this go live. I’m not interested in the release this time, but maybe some of you who are could exchange numbers and contact the group when it goes live. I know some people just can’t keep constantly refreshing/checking here, so it’s nice to help them out.

Lately it appears not all flights go up at the same time. They seem to open different airports at different times. May not be very long between releases but it doesn’t seem to be a one and done either.

FWIW....I had to call SW a few minutes ago as I was having trouble logging in to my account (in preparation for the release). The person who helped me said the release would not be until 9:15am central time. I'll still be checking relentlessly until it happens.

FWIW....I had to call SW a few minutes ago as I was having trouble logging in to my account (in preparation for the release). The person who helped me said the release would not be until 9:15am central time. I'll still be checking relentlessly until it happens.
Thanks for the heads up. I am also checking but no luck yet

geez I hope not! I'll be on a stupid ferry :( I will have to bring my work laptop and phone to use for wifi if that is the case... unless I can do it on the app. Does anyone have any experience with that?

geez I hope not! I'll be on a stupid ferry :( I will have to bring my work laptop and phone to use for wifi if that is the case... unless I can do it on the app. Does anyone have any experience with that?
You can book on the app.

I would take this info with a grain of salt and keep checking. Generally the agents have no better idea of actual release time than we do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter