Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Nothing like waiting til the last minute. It's delayed over a month and they are still working on it this morning???

Nothing like waiting til the last minute. It's delayed over a month and they are still working on it this morning???
The updates are ready to go and have probably been tested many times in lower, test environments. They’re not tweaking, but just running s series of many, many jobs that it takes to update a website. Behind the scenes it’s an extremely complicated web of table updates and jobs running to produce what we see in front of us.

I believe that the continuing delays with getting the MAX8 aircraft approved to fly, again, have contributed to the status of the schedule extension.

Call me a skeptic, but I’m sure the phased rollout is intentional to maximize their bottom line in certain markets. Unfortunately some are more captive than others. Sigh...

I believe that the continuing delays with getting the MAX8 aircraft approved to fly, again, have contributed to the status of the schedule extension.
yes it is easier (and probably more prudent) to delay the schedule extension than it is to book people then have to change it all after being booked.

It's tough for me, I am going to be in a bad cell area waiting to get on a ferry around 10-10:30am, I'm planning to use gift cards etc. I was really hoping to have this done before all of that.

For what it's worth, my notes from the last extension on May 30, 2019:
8:20am ET still no extension
9:10am ET flights through Nov. 30, 2019 appeared on Low Fare Calendar only
9:20am ET all pages updated with calendars through January 5, 2020
that timing would work better for me. I'm hoping 10am is eastern time and it's also an overly safe time and they will start rolling stuff out earlier! fingers crossed! I am in the middle of a super important thing at work - anyone want to book my tickets for me? lol

I'm watching this morning too! Do you know, do I have to refresh the page, or can I have my info entered and just keep checking the dates?

Grrr. I had plans this morning. LOL. I was assuming they'd release by now. Oh well. Hopefully the nonstop flight from the first choice airport at the times I want will be there when they release tickets.

Senior fares are fully refundable, but almost always higher in cost than WGA fares. It's a better deal if the lowest fare category, WGA, is sold out.

Last edited:
Joining in on the wait, though for our airport it usually doesn't pay to book on day 1 as they often have lower prices later on. We haven't even booked our Disney trip yet (going end of January, hopefully) as I've been waiting for flight information AND new discounts to come out.

Joining in on the wait, though for our airport it usually doesn't pay to book on day 1 as they often have lower prices later on. We haven't even booked our Disney trip yet (going end of January, hopefully) as I've been waiting for flight information AND new discounts to come out.
We are also going end of January. It felt very strange to book my dining reservations before my flights LOL! I’m used to waiting to book the hotel for the discounts.

We are also going end of January. It felt very strange to book my dining reservations before my flights LOL! I’m used to waiting to book the hotel for the discounts.
I'm going in february the week AFTER president's week (flying down thursday and back the 29th) but there are very few direct flights out of PVD (my preferred airport) beyond southwest and one flight a day from jet blue, but right now out of boston flights are ridiculous (like $1500 round trip for two). I typically pay $500-550 on SW. This whole thing has me very anxious, I have a cruise booked!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter