Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

What are the chances that SW would add more nonstop flights? They changed our flights once already and had gotten rid of the afternoon nonstop back to PVD. I'm hoping it comes back because getting home at 11pm with a 2 year old is going to be interesting. The other nonstop flies out at 7am which is way too early for us.

What are the chances that SW would add more nonstop flights? They changed our flights once already and had gotten rid of the afternoon nonstop back to PVD. I'm hoping it comes back because getting home at 11pm with a 2 year old is going to be interesting. The other nonstop flies out at 7am which is way too early for us.
My experience has been that once a direct flight is removed it rarely returns or are more added. When are you flying? The closer to your travel dates I fell the less likely they are to add a direct flight.

Last time we were supposed to fly, both of our direct flights were changed to flights with stops and there were never any new non-stop flights added.

My experience has been that once a direct flight is removed it rarely returns or are more added. When are you flying? The closer to your travel dates I fell the less likely they are to add a direct flight.

Last time we were supposed to fly, both of our direct flights were changed to flights with stops and there were never any new non-stop flights added.

We fly out the first week of August. I figure they probably won't put the nonstop back but a girl can hope!

Has anyone booked 2 flights for the same day using points with the intent of canceling one of them as soon as You figure out which will actually work best?

Has anyone booked 2 flights for the same day using points with the intent of canceling one of them as soon as You figure out which will actually work best?

Southwest’s policy:
To promote seat availability for our Customers, Southwest prohibits multiple reservations for the same Passenger departing from the same city on the same date, or any multiple reservations containing conflicting or overlapping itineraries (such as departures for the same Customer from multiple cities at the same time). Furthermore, without advance notice to the Passenger or purchaser, Southwest may cancel such reservations, or any other reservations that it believes, in its sole discretion, were made without intent to travel. With the exception of Southwest gift cards, funds from proactively cancelled reservations by Southwest will be returned to the original form of payment. Reservations paid for with a Southwest gift card will have the amount applied from the gift card held as travel funds for use by the Customer on a future Southwest Airlines flight.

I would not chance it.

Now I’m wondering whether if air travel has stabilized to point that SWA will stop offering the “Red Change banners”

This customer experience, as posted on FB, is very moving.

When Jon, a Southwest Gate Agent, noticed a Customer carrying a folded flag as she boarded a flight to COS, he asked her about it. Here’s what happened next, as told by Chloe, the Customer:

“I was on my way home from my brother Jay’s funeral with Nick. I received a folded flag with the rest of my family while we were there. I couldn’t fit it into my carry on so I decided to hand carry it home. When we were standing at our gate in Denver, a gate agent asked me why I was holding such an important thing and I explain to him why. He immediately gave me a hug and said “Thank you so much for his service. You’ll be getting pre-boarded tonight.” He talked to the Captain, First Officer and the rest of that Southwest crew and not only reserved us two seats in the front row but offered to fly that flag in the cockpit for him. I was in tears... The crew didn’t have to do that, but they did it out of the kindness of their hearts... I can’t thank the gate agent Jon, Captain Michael Hinkelman, First Officer Nathan Rhondes, and the rest of the crew enough for their love and support. Thank you so much for dedicating that flight to Jay... Flying was his whole world and I know that must’ve made him so happy. I’m beyond proud and honored.❤🇺🇸"

Captain Lamb, we can never thank you and your family enough for your service. #SouthwestHeart

Last edited:
Is the SW app down for anyone else? I’ve been getting an error when trying to login for a couple days. And I even went to the website this morning and it still wouldn’t let me login.
ETA never mind it just started working.

Last edited:
When are you flying? We fly out of PVD and notice that they did add flights back after taking away on February and April vacation weeks. (This was just this year so obviously different than years past)

Is the SW app down for anyone else? I’ve been getting an error when trying to login for a couple days. And I even went to the website this morning and it still wouldn’t let me login.
ETA never mind it just started working.
Yes, it has been down overnight for two nights in a row, without warning in advance. They say it’s for routine scheduled maintenance. If it was scheduled, why didn’t they post a prominent advance notice on the app and website, so their customers could be prepared?

Though unable to view account, the mobile and full sites were working for checking in (as long as you had your confirmation number). They may have been loading flights for the upcoming schedule extension.

Last edited:
When are you flying? We fly out of PVD and notice that they did add flights back after taking away on February and April vacation weeks. (This was just this year so obviously different than years past)
We’re flying out the first week of August so there’s still some time. I’ll definitely keep an eye on flight times then. Thanks!

I feel like I'm cheating on SW....we've been flying with them only to/from MCO ever since we started going to Disney but for our November trip I found some fabulous non-stop flights with Delta.

Yes, I'll have to pay for the flights vs. using my points and CP and basically flying for free but since this is a short, 4 night trip for us and getting 2 non-stop flights that give us more time in the parks on our arrival and departure dates feel worth it to me!

:scared1:

I can't believe I just said that out loud!

I feel like I'm cheating on SW....we've been flying with them only to/from MCO ever since we started going to Disney but for our November trip I found some fabulous non-stop flights with Delta.

Yes, I'll have to pay for the flights vs. using my points and CP and basically flying for free but since this is a short, 4 night trip for us and getting 2 non-stop flights that give us more time in the parks on our arrival and departure dates feel worth it to me!

:scared1:

I can't believe I just said that out loud!

No need to deify corporations. The power of choice is vital for consumers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter