Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

No, there seems to be a wall at March 9 where everything after that is more expensive. The last fare sale even ended right there. Prime spring break time you may not see any sales that are worthwhile.

SOS-I went to check when late summer reservations would be avail and they were posted!?!? How did I miss this? Flying PHL to MCO late August. The schedules are less than ideal. I am hoping they didn't load some flights. What's my best next move? We pay cash...not points. Do I wait?

SOS-I went to check when late summer reservations would be avail and they were posted!?!? How did I miss this? Flying PHL to MCO late August. The schedules are less than ideal. I am hoping they didn't load some flights. What's my best next move? We pay cash...not points. Do I wait?
Would flying out of BWI be an option for you? Lots of nonstop flights between BWI and MCO. Our home airport is PHL, but we decided to go this route (at least for now) due to the lack of direct flights. Not having the connecting flight and layover will more than make up for the extra 1.5 hr drove to BWI for us.

The rest of the summer flights were available about a week after the last ones were released. No one knows, but I wouldn't make any decision that included thinking they'd add flights. We just canceled a Feb trip that I checked and checked for an earlier direct option, but there was no way to get to MCO before noon (that's not why we're canceling). I have June trip out west and the itineraries are terrible with 2 stops. Nothing has changed there either.

Would flying out of BWI be an option for you? Lots of nonstop flights between BWI and MCO. Our home airport is PHL, but we decided to go this route (at least for now) due to the lack of direct flights. Not having the connecting flight and layover will more than make up for the extra 1.5 hr drove to BWI for us.
I thought about it and it makes more sense to fly frontier out of Philly than it does to drive to Baltimore. I dont think I can quite convince my family that driving to baltimore is a good idea.

The rest of the summer flights were available about a week after the last ones were released. No one knows, but I wouldn't make any decision that included thinking they'd add flights. We just canceled a Feb trip that I checked and checked for an earlier direct option, but there was no way to get to MCO before noon (that's not why we're canceling). I have June trip out west and the itineraries are terrible with 2 stops. Nothing has changed there either.
This is kind of where I am with the schedule. I feel like Soutwest is breaking up with me.

We went the BWI route as well. Much better times and fares. I'd rather drive and direct than connect anyway.

I thought about it and it makes more sense to fly frontier out of Philly than it does to drive to Baltimore. I dont think I can quite convince my family tha

We're working on SW points and companion passes, so not an option here. Glad you could make it work!

I thought about it and it makes more sense to fly frontier out of Philly than it does to drive to Baltimore. I dont think I can quite convince my family that driving to baltimore is a good idea.
Have you flown them before? Do they have multiple alternative options or are you flexible if they cancel you? (before they suspended flights altogether from my airport last month, they only flew to MCO 3x per week so pretty limited service from a big airport).

Frontier is pretty inflexible. I only will fly them for last-minute flights these days. In March I canceled my April 2020 I flight just before things shut down, so was left with a credit that needed to be rebooked within 90 days or lost, so in May or June, I rebooked for summer. Frontier ended up canceling all flights to MCO from Dulles that summer through the winter - beyond the 90 days since 2021 flights hadn't been released yet - and wouldn't give me a refund since I made the initial cancelation, despite them canceling all flight options to MCO. (I ended up disputing it with CC after the rude CS rep hung up on me and did get $$ back.)

However, we flew them last February, but only because I needed a same-day flight. That went 100% fine.

My son is going through a problem with Frontier right now since the people he'd been traveling to visit this coming weekend have COVID. Frontier is not allowing them credit after he canceled their flights online and it remains to be seen if he'll get slapped with the cancelation fee too.

I know driving is a pain, but wanted to share these experiences in case you hadn't dealt with Frontier before :).

We went the BWI route as well. Much better times and fares. I'd rather drive and direct than connect anyway.

We're working on SW points and companion passes, so not an option here. Glad you could make it work!

Same here, wanted to stick with SW since we have a bunch of RR points (paid for all 5 of our roundtrip tickets entirely using points) and are working on a companion pass that we should have well before this trip. If I wasn't tied to SW, I'd probably have looked at another airline (likely AA) that had nonstops between PHL and MCO instead.

One of my May flights was down today from 5373 pts to 3813. Another one went down a whole 16 RR points? Didn't bother rebooking that one!

Have you flown them before? Do they have multiple alternative options or are you flexible if they cancel you? (before they suspended flights altogether from my airport last month, they only flew to MCO 3x per week so pretty limited service from a big airport).

Frontier is pretty inflexible. I only will fly them for last-minute flights these days. In March I canceled my April 2020 I flight just before things shut down, so was left with a credit that needed to be rebooked within 90 days or lost, so in May or June, I rebooked for summer. Frontier ended up canceling all flights to MCO from Dulles that summer through the winter - beyond the 90 days since 2021 flights hadn't been released yet - and wouldn't give me a refund since I made the initial cancelation, despite them canceling all flight options to MCO. (I ended up disputing it with CC after the rude CS rep hung up on me and did get $$ back.)

However, we flew them last February, but only because I needed a same-day flight. That went 100% fine.

My son is going through a problem with Frontier right now since the people he'd been traveling to visit this coming weekend have COVID. Frontier is not allowing them credit after he canceled their flights online and it remains to be seen if he'll get slapped with the cancelation fee too.

I know driving is a pain, but wanted to share these experiences in case you hadn't dealt with Frontier before :).
Thanks for the input-weirdly enough we have flown Frontier a ton and have never had an issue. Flying them next month to PBI again. I know horror story issues happen and I'm not sure how long we will be in the good graces of the Frontier Fairies. I have a chase sapphire and they cover a ton of travel issues so I use that as some of my rationale for using them.

Thanks for the input-weirdly enough we have flown Frontier a ton and have never had an issue. Flying them next month to PBI again. I know horror story issues happen and I'm not sure how long we will be in the good graces of the Frontier Fairies. I have a chase sapphire and they cover a ton of travel issues so I use that as some of my rationale for using them.
Without going too far off topic here, I was curious if you’ve ever had to cancel/change a Frontier flight. I recently got their 50k status and was given an offer to pay to become a 100k member. It states that flights booked while you’re at 100k status are fully refundable. I love SW because I’m able to change my bookings with ease, but I’m running into the same issues with lack of direct flights at PHL. I’m just wondering if Frontier changes/rebooking are able to be done with the same ease as SW.

It's been a couple of years since I've flown SW, so I have some really important questions :rolleyes: ...

1) In flight entertainment. I assume it's BYOD? You join to wifi and then access a webpage/app for selection of shows (that's how Delta's works)? Do they have it turned on on the ground or do you need to wait until a certain altitude? Do they have decent choices (movies & TV shows)? If app based, what's the app?
2) One of our flights goes through Philadelphia, but we don't change planes. I assume those of us not changing planes just stay on and we'll be able to change seats if needed before they start boarding. Correct? Or does everyone have to get off the plane and you line back up to board? Or does it depend?

Thank you

It's been a couple of years since I've flown SW, so I have some really important questions :rolleyes: ...

1) In flight entertainment. I assume it's BYOD? You join to wifi and then access a webpage/app for selection of shows (that's how Delta's works)? Do they have it turned on on the ground or do you need to wait until a certain altitude? Do they have decent choices (movies & TV shows)? If app based, what's the app?
2) One of our flights goes through Philadelphia, but we don't change planes. I assume those of us not changing planes just stay on and we'll be able to change seats if needed before they start boarding. Correct? Or does everyone have to get off the plane and you line back up to board? Or does it depend?

Thank you
Yes BYOD. I think they have a decent selection of movies, but not that many new ones. I haven't tried TV shows. Usually it is not on until they hit a certain altitude, but I have occasionally been able to start a movie earlier. I have also been able to continue watching after landing, while we are taxiing to the gate. I use a web browser but I think you can also access through the app.

https://www.southwest.com/inflight-entertainment-portal/
2) It's been several years since I have done this. Used to be they said stay in your seats until they come through and count who's left, then you can switch seats. You could also get off to buy food and get back on. No idea if this has changed, but you won't have a boarding number if it is a continuation flight, so I doubt they would make you get off.

Without going too far off topic here, I was curious if you’ve ever had to cancel/change a Frontier flight. I recently got their 50k status and was given an offer to pay to become a 100k member. It states that flights booked while you’re at 100k status are fully refundable. I love SW because I’m able to change my bookings with ease, but I’m running into the same issues with lack of direct flights at PHL. I’m just wondering if Frontier changes/rebooking are able to be done with the same ease as SW.
Hi fellow Philladelphian! I have had to change but luckily was 60 days out so it was free. The fee is hefty 59 days out. Their app/process is nowhere as nice as SW. We have been using Trenton as our airport here and there. It’s a tad bit further from me in Manayunk but the parking is dirt cheap and so much less hassle with my little ones.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter