• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

you're a GENIUS!!
I googled exactly what you said and this is what popped up for RDU to MCO - I was hoping for more nonstops but I guess we can't all get what we want!:

View attachment 637650
No problem :goodvibes

I would keep checking over time. I noticed the last time I looked at that page in December it was until December 31st. When I looked the other day for the Philly's poster's question it said til 1/31/22 so I think they release that particular route information page on a month by month basis. Doesn't help for future travel but sorta helps ya figure out for right about now travel.

So each person flying would earn miles individually? Not all to my account? Only like 3 of us have RR numbers. Sorry for so many questions. I've not tried to book like this before and I don't want to screw it up.
With the SW card you are earning points two different ways, through the credit card and through the actual flying. You will get all of the points through the credit card for buying the flights. To use the numbers you posted upthread, if you paid for all of the tickets on your SW card, $2210, you would earn either 4420 or 3630 points depending on which card you hold. Those points would all go to you. At $158/ticket, each person actually flying would earn 947 points for each direction. Those points would go to each individual.

No problem :goodvibes

I would keep checking over time. I noticed the last time I looked at that page in December it was until December 31st. When I looked the other day for the Philly's poster's question it said til 1/31/22 so I think they release that particular route information page on a month by month basis. Doesn't help for future travel but sorta helps ya figure out for right about now travel.
Yeah - i see that too!! I was hoping to have information on March since that's when we fly to MCO but perhaps I have to wait until closer to March or even IN March....

and we head to Vegas in May - last year our multi-stop flight was changed to a non-stop ~ 30 days before our departure date and Im hoping that happens again!

Thanks!

Southwest next release will be THURSDAY 3/3/22 for travel through November 5th, 2022.

Schedule Release dates and parameters are subject to change so stay posted! Given that this is still roughly 2 months away, my next reminder won't be for a while unless something changes.

For those that care about "release timing" it can vary, but here are the recent "go live" of previous releases including today:

Release Date | Time (eastern)
12/16/21 | 7:50am
12/08/21 | 6:45am
06/10/21 | 7:15am
04/01/21 | 9:10am
12/10/20 | 7:15am
08/13/20 | 9:15am

Question for the experts -
DH and I are A-List. He is my companion (CP)
I have both SW Priority and Premier cards
Here’s the question-
I have never used standby before but see it is free for A list members, including CP as long as they are also A list. We are booked on a late Saturday afternoon flight RDU-MCO. There is a flight that leaves at 10:45am that day (it’s more expensive but that shouldn’t matter if we are stand by right?). We have an issue with timing and will be cutting it close to get to the airport and make the early flight but we live close to the airport so it’s not that big of a deal. IF we make it on time and IF there is room on the plane can I upgrade at the gate (pending availability) using 2 of my free upgraded boarding spots?

been a long day so please lmk what I need to clarify! Basically can I upgrade boarding position on a standby flight? Lol

***update, kinda.
I called the AList number and they said no to upgraded boarding but as A listers we would get boarding between groups A and B, depending on availability, etc.

The agent said we would HAVE to go to the ticket counter to try for standby, online says we could go straight to the gate OR the ticket counter just not call or kiosk. This is major as the time crunch is the biggest factor. ***- if we are already checked in to a later flight that day with boarding passes do we NEED TO go to the ticket counter or can we just go to the gate? TIA!!!

Stupid southwest. I had to break reservations up into 2 bookings bc paying w points and cash. Booked the 1st 4 then went to book the last 3 and points went up 2K each!!!

Stupid southwest. I had to break reservations up into 2 bookings bc paying w points and cash. Booked the 1st 4 then went to book the last 3 and points went up 2K each!!!
That happened to me. One ticket was lower in price/points than the second ticket. I could have bought them separately at 2 different prices or both together at the higher price. I ended up buying 2 together at the higher point value so I could get my son on my preTSA boarding out of Orlando.

That happened to me. One ticket was lower in price/points than the second ticket. I could have bought them separately at 2 different prices or both together at the higher price. I ended up buying 2 together at the higher point value so I could get my son on my preTSA boarding out of Orlando.
I ended up calling SW and over the phone she booked my other 3 flights at the same price/points as the 1st set.

@Erica Ladd I know you were asking your questions I don't want you to think they were being ignored, I personally just don't have the answer to your question. I've never been in the position to be both A-list and a Companion at the same time and my husband has never used his standby perk for A-list so I'm unaware of how perks work in practice with that. I hope you get your answer somehow (either SWA or this thread)

Thanks! No worries, my questions tend to be crazy complicated and very specific. I got more clarification about going straight to the gate to try for standby. One helpful rep told me yes you can go straight to the gate if you want to try for standby BUT if our existing boarding passes are for more than 4 hours away, they won’t let us through security (we would be trying for a flight 6 hours earlier, the only other nonstop flight that day) so even though we will have valid boarding passes we might not get to the gate so we should probably go to the ticketing agent. But time crunch is the issue so I’m still debating trying security first since lately it’s been a 50/50 chance whether they ask to see/scan boarding passes when we show ID. With Fly By Security it may be quicker to take a chance and try the security to gate route First then double back to the ticket counter if we get denied… thanks for replying!!!

* flying back ATL to RDU they stopped scanning boarding passes about 4 people in front of me
* I can’t remember if at RDU they make us show our boarding passes EVERY TIME, only sometimes or just for my kids who don’t have IDs yet… any RDU travelers know about showing boarding passes at security every time?

* I can’t remember if at RDU they make us show our boarding passes EVERY TIME, only sometimes or just for my kids who don’t have IDs yet… any RDU travelers know about showing boarding passes at security every time?
I've always had to show my boarding pass at security in RDU. Now, I am not a frequent traveler - I leave there up to 3 (4 max) times a year - so more frequent flyers may have a better sense of that.

I've always had to show my boarding pass at security in RDU. Now, I am not a frequent traveler - I leave there up to 3 (4 max) times a year - so more frequent flyers may have a better sense of that.
I left Rdu on Saturday and they only wanted my license in the slot and briefly drop my mask. I was there early in the morning so the 3 hr requirement may not have applied.

I left Rdu on Saturday and they only wanted my license in the slot and briefly drop my mask. I was there early in the morning so the 3 hr requirement may not have applied.

thanks! I feel like last couple of times we were there they only needed a boarding pass for my son with no ID so this is helpful!!! I’m thinking the way security is set up relative to the ticket agents it’s worth a shot to try for the gate first then back track. Worst thing would be not making it in time or no standby and going back home for a few hours. We are that close!

thanks! I feel like last couple of times we were there they only needed a boarding pass for my son with no ID so this is helpful!!! I’m thinking the way security is set up relative to the ticket agents it’s worth a shot to try for the gate first then back track. Worst thing would be not making it in time or no standby and going back home for a few hours. We are that close!
I presume you will check availability, before heading to the airport. It would be disappointing to rush to the airport, only to find the flight sold out. If you see 8 open seats, when checking online, that should be a good indication of being able to switch flights. If there’s only one open seat (or none), it’s a judgement call, if you want to make the trip to the airport and hope there’s a cancellation or no-show.

I presume you will check availability, before heading to the airport. It would be disappointing to rush to the airport, only to find the flight sold out. If you see 8 open seats, when checking online, that should be a good indication of being able to switch flights. If there’s only one open seat (or none), it’s a judgement call, if you want to make the trip to the airport and hope there’s a cancellation or no-show.

yes! And thanks for the reminder. I’ve checked several times (and funny when I look at the flight for 8 the price goes up!) but I’m gonna keep checking and hopefully will know before we even try that morning…

yes! And thanks for the reminder. I’ve checked several times (and funny when I look at the flight for 8 the price goes up!) but I’m gonna keep checking and hopefully will know before we even try that morning…
There only are so many seats per fare bucket. The booking engine will price out all seats being searched at a time at the same fare, so searching for eight seats at a time will very often quote a higher fare, per person, than searching for four+four, for instance. That’s why it’s a good idea to check a fare starting for one person and work your way up to the total number you are booking, to find the lowest available fare for the greatest number of customers.

In your case, obviously, the fare makes no difference.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter