Post Whatever You Want Thread

LOL...I had to ask my daughter this exact question!!!

Team Edward is the Vamp Lovers club
Team Jacob is the Shape Shifters club ( I think thats what she said)

I live in between Phila and NY. Can someone explain to me why I can't get Phila local channels through Directv, only NY local channels? I would think, being that it's beamed through a satellite, I should be able to receive local channels in Russia if I wanted to!!! Am I missing something here?

I lived there at one time too long to be exact. I don't know if it will work or not but trying going into the set up and changing your zip code to one from further south of Trenton. Like I said, I don't know if it will work but its worth a try.

and we're getting a profit sharing payout next month. Our organization got hit pretty lightly in the layoffs this week. Not so for other parts of the company.

I live in between Phila and NY. Can someone explain to me why I can't get Phila local channels through Directv, only NY local channels? I would think, being that it's beamed through a satellite, I should be able to receive local channels in Russia if I wanted to!!! Am I missing something here?

Well yes, you are. You are within the broadcast area of the Philly stations, which means you are meant to receive the advertising messages for those who pay for the broadcasting in Philly. If you were outside of a local broadcasting area, then you could choose which network feeds you wanted. I used to get an Atlanta feed and a west coast feed because I was outside of a broadcast area, which was sweet in the pre-DVR days since if I missed a show I could just watch it later on the west coast feed! But that's it, it all comes down to advertising dollars.

I guess I am going to have to break down this summer and read them...

I thought my sister was crazy for liking them and trying to get me and Sabrina to read them. Now I wish I had read them when she first mentioned it.

Kelly -

I had to tell DirectTV which locals I wanted due to the fact we're midmay between Tampa & Orlando. Call & see if they will change you to the Philly locals.

When we stayed at FtW for two long stays, they told us we had to take Orlando locals because of the physical zip code used for "aiming" the dish. When we moved to our house we were given the choice of either because of the zip code for our house. My guess is that there is some kind of FCC law that governs the local channels.

Physically, they can let you have any locals, anywhere - so that's why I'm thinking there must be some sort of regulation.

Windows.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter